halfwise
Eldorion
Orwell
12 posters

Page 22 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next

Go down

All New Who - Page 22 Empty Re: All New Who

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Jun 29, 2016 11:25 pm

You are arguing that someone who hires a woman can't possibly be a misogynist.- Amarie

{{No I am not. I am saying a woman who works for someone as apparently obvious a misogynist as Steven Mo that the internet has even claimed to have spotted it (  Rolling Eyes  ) does not, in all likelihood include an inspirational quote from that person in a piece she put together in response to wining an award for Woman of the Year. Nor does she need to work for Steven Mo- she is not short of work or offers by all accounts. }}}

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Wed Jun 29, 2016 11:33 pm

whether he hires females is besides the point. hiring a female does not make you a non-sexist. I am sure that Donald Trump has hired thousands of women but it doesn't make him a non-sexist boss does it. What is important is the content of the product, in one way Trump is honest in his intentions and doesn't try to hide his sexism, whereas His Smurfness has injected sexism into his product under the radar in a superficially non threatening way.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Jun 29, 2016 11:39 pm

{{{Where on earth are you two getting this notion that I said anything about him hiring her meaning anything?  scratch I haven't said anything like that.
I repeat again- I am saying that Talalay getting a Woman of the Year Award is a good thing to be applauded, she deserves it, and that the cover she put together with the magazine and shared on her blog, for winning the award, includes an inspirational quote from  Steve MOFF's  (of whom she often speaks highly on her blog, and clearly enjoys her time working on Who) - and that it is odd, given how apparently obvious and blatant is Steve MOFF's sexism that such a prominent female director would therefore choose to quote him at such a time.

Absolutely not one word of which is arguing that just by hiring a women  Steve MOFF's  proves he is not sexist- his work , his professional relationships and his writing in my view do however prove he is not. And on those points I would happily defend him in debate.}}}

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Thu Jun 30, 2016 12:12 am

"Where on earth are you two getting this notion that I said anything about him hiring her meaning anything?  scratch I haven't said anything like that."

Well, that's me tuning out of this. We've been down this road before and we haven't been getting anywhere.

I liked the Who clothes, I got a bit annoyed when they kept zooooooooming in on the woman's face when I wanted to see what she was wearing. We found a fun shop on our vacation last summer. My son has a Tardis batrobe/dressing gown and my daughter has one which looks like the one 11 wore in the Lodger, with a sonic in the breast pocket (sowed on sadly). No adult sizes... Sad

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."
-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Jun 30, 2016 12:17 am

Well, that's me tuning out of this. We've been down this road before and we haven't been getting anywhere.- Amarie

{{What you two accusing me of saying something I never in fact said? Yes we have and I am as baffled by its appearance now as I have been on previous occasions! Mad

There is a surprising range of Who clothing out there now, but then with the Doctor there is quite the source of inspiration! }}}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Thu Jun 30, 2016 1:49 am

yep I am tuning out of this too. Wink its a lot safer that way.

see, this is me learning to be diplomatic. it took quite a few decades but I got there eventually.

silent
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Thu Jun 30, 2016 1:53 am

definitely prefer the 8th Doctors costume. Razz
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Fri Jul 01, 2016 9:10 pm

Mrs Figg wrote:definitely prefer the 8th Doctors costume. Razz

Ah, but which one?

All New Who - Page 22 Paul-mcgann

All New Who - Page 22 Dark-eyes-8th-doctor

All New Who - Page 22 1425771_694797967219776_1403632127_n

Well, that was worth the wait wasn't it  Suspect

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Fri Jul 01, 2016 9:13 pm

they are all rather Steampunk but I think I prefer the first one. Very Happy
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Fri Jul 01, 2016 9:17 pm

Mrs Figg wrote:they are all rather Steampunk but I think I prefer the first one. Very Happy

I like all of them, but I think I prefer the newest one Smile

I swear McGann is part timelord in real life, he seems to be ageing better than I am Laughing

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Fri Jul 01, 2016 10:02 pm

Anything in velvet & Im there Smile or, a bit of a Pirate look, men can look good in frills & a frock coat :brows:

All New Who - Page 22 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

All New Who - Page 22 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Fri Jul 01, 2016 10:20 pm

azriel wrote:Anything in velvet & Im there Smile or, a bit of a Pirate look, men can look good in frills & a frock coat :brows:

ShockedEmbarassedNo:brows:silent

malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Fri Jul 01, 2016 10:48 pm

Laughing

All New Who - Page 22 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

All New Who - Page 22 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Jul 02, 2016 10:54 pm

{{{ As the series 9 soundtrack is not out yet this is the next best thing- not a rip from the episode but a rather excellent recreation of Murray Golds excellent track from Heaven Sent- 'That's One Hell of a Bird.' }}}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Sat Jul 02, 2016 10:57 pm

Murray Gold's great, but I can't help but wonder if it is nearing the time for him to step down...

malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Jul 02, 2016 11:29 pm

{{{I have been pondering this one myself of late. He is the one thing that's stayed he same since the reboot- which has given NuWho a very distinctive sound (but then one could argue classic Who from Pertwee through to McCoy sounded like the radio workshop even though it had different composers at various times (Tom Baker era is for example sound effect and score wise almost identical to other BBC radiophonic workshop stuff of the period such as the original Hitchhikers radio plays).
I wonder if thy may change composer with a new showrunner, or if they will see Gold as a means to keep a brand identity across the transition.

I am not sure myself, part of me thinks the show should always change, sometimes even just for the sake of it if its been too long.

Talking of time on the show StevMoffo has said that series 7 was the worst time for him making it. And that he had in fact only planned to stay on for 3 series as showrunner.
But the pressures on series 7- the BBC scheduling demands, the demand for series 3 of Sherlock, the Doctor Who 50th to write when the BBC refused to sign on any classic Doctors (he had to fight like buggery for Tom), writing out Amy and Rory and introducing a new character and then Matt deciding at the last minute to leave as well all but caused him to break down.
He stayed on after his 3 years partly because the BBC had no replacement for him, and party because he felt series 7 wasn't good enough and he didn't want to go out on it.

I like a lot of series 7, but that's kind of its problem, its ok, solid, dependable, but doesn't really amount to anything. Its full of episodes that are ok but coupled with some visual gimmick as their 'thing'- Dinosaurs on a Spaceship, A Town Called Mercy, The Power of Three (a Chibnall penned episode*) all perfectly episodes on their own but as a series it doesn't really go anywhere and because of the timing of Matt's leaving it has a finale that crams way too much in.

So I can see why its StevMoffo's least favourite and why he felt that way.

* I wonder when Chibnall takes over if we see the villain of this episode again- it was an odd villain, oddly used in the episode and who only appears (in not really there form) in the final scene, it always felt like a set up for something to me that we never got the rest of}}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Jul 02, 2016 11:39 pm

{{{Its a fair body of work, and surprising amount of variety he has amassed doing Who}}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Jul 02, 2016 11:59 pm

{{{Gold Doctor by Doctor- interesting to see how he portrays each one musically}}

{{{And this one just because it's pretty epic versions! }}}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Jul 03, 2016 3:47 pm

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Sun Jul 03, 2016 5:03 pm

Dr Who and headbanging. Who'd a thunk it? Laughing

He's been drinking too much of this I suspect. Now which Doctor* is responsible for this huh? Bloody sellout!! Mad

All New Who - Page 22 Whomon10

*:

Last edited by Amarië on Sun Jul 03, 2016 5:05 pm; edited 1 time in total

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."
-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Sun Jul 03, 2016 5:05 pm

Smith.. defintiely Smith.. Razz

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Jul 03, 2016 5:34 pm

{{{Maybe 10- could explain why as time went on he used less actual words and more excitable noises instead Nod }}}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Sun Jul 03, 2016 5:36 pm

True, could be him as well. Razz

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Sun Jul 03, 2016 5:46 pm

So when he stopped to pose and gaze into the air, he was actually running out of juice? Laughing

The colours made me think of a few decades earlier, but my theory now is that 10 started drinking it and it became a permanent part of 11. Wink

-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Jul 06, 2016 10:48 pm

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum