Mrs Figg
13 posters

Page 7 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 40  Next

Go down

Doctor Who [10] - Page 7 Empty Re: Doctor Who [10]

Post by Mrs Figg Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:14 pm

malickfan wrote:
Mrs Figg wrote:why not ask RDT to come back? Very Happy

I wouldn't mind if RDT got involved with some of the spin off material such as comics or audios (he's planning to do a few new Torchwood ones actually) but it would be in pretty poor taste if he came back to replace his successor after keeping his distance from the franchise so long, RDT left because he realized he gave all he could/got bored, and went out on a high (well in terms of popularity and rating as least) there's probably not alot of new ideas he could bring to the table at this point, and I don't think his style of writing would follow on from Moffat's very well.

yes you are right. people have got used to the high octane version of Who, it would be hard to go back to the quieter character stuff
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:15 pm

Malick - Charlie Brooke could be an interesting call.

'people have got used to the high octane version of Who, it would be hard to go back to the more in depth character stuff'- Figg

Odd that as I seem to have just watched an entire series built solely around characters and character development!

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:22 pm

I do find the whole new showrunner question very interesting, though I do find it hard to come up with a name. Which I guess is half the problem. The thing is though, there needs to be a change eventually, because the programs history has showed that leaving one person in charge for too long eventually leads to a limitation of ideas. Just look at John Nathan-Turner. And the showrunner role is a whole lot more influental.

The great thing with DW is that when someone has done a job with it, even a great one, it gets handed on to someone new with fresh ideas. And then your off on new adventures, in more ways than one.

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Feb 03, 2015 5:29 pm

Lovely Tom Baker interview from BF-

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Tue Feb 03, 2015 7:07 pm

Wonderful. I love his perspeective on the character and.. oh, well, everything really.

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Feb 03, 2015 8:21 pm

Yeah despite having an ego the size of the planet he is very hard not to like.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Tue Feb 03, 2015 11:54 pm

Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Wed Feb 04, 2015 12:06 am

Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Feb 04, 2015 5:38 am

Well the Doomsday one makes about as much sense as the Doctor telling some bitchy human 20 year old he loves her Mad

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Wed Feb 04, 2015 4:01 pm

Interesting announcement from Big Finish

http://www.bigfinish.com/news/v/coming-in-september-doctor-who---the-sixth-doctor-the-last-adventure

Well, that was worth the wait wasn't it  Suspect

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Wed Feb 04, 2015 4:02 pm

Suspect I think the word you are looking for is 'feisty' cool and cute human 20 year old.

here to help Very Happy
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Wed Feb 04, 2015 4:13 pm

http://www.kasterborous.com/2015/02/christopher-eccleston-hates-doctor-much-helped-whovian-wedding-proposal/

What a nice gesture!

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Sun Feb 08, 2015 7:17 am

Doctor Who [10] - Page 7 2015%2B-%2B1ll

Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Sun Feb 08, 2015 4:27 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:Well the Doomsday one makes about as much sense as the Doctor telling some bitchy human 20 year old he loves her Mad

Just popping in to ask naive questions: is the bitchy 20 year old Clara? (I think she's adorable). If not, then um...who? If Figgs hadn't popped up supporting this bitchy -> feisty poppet I'd think it might be Amy Pond.

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Feb 08, 2015 6:09 pm

Not Clara, who is as you say adorable. Not Amy either who is also adorable but in a slightly scarey, slightly unhinged and very intense crabbit Scottish sort of a way.
No the clue was in the use of the word bitchy- only one totally insane jealous bitch companion in NuWho and thats Rose. Nod

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Sun Feb 08, 2015 6:11 pm

Was she 20 at the time? I thought she was older.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Feb 08, 2015 6:13 pm

Dunno about Billie Piper's actual age but the character was supposed to be 19 when she first appeared in Rose.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sun Feb 08, 2015 7:35 pm

how would you know anyway, you talk like a poof. Suspect
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Sun Feb 08, 2015 7:39 pm

lol!

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Feb 08, 2015 8:17 pm

Yeah, but a Scottish poof! Twisted Evil

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Sun Feb 08, 2015 8:50 pm

Those are the worst of all: have you seen the movie Rob Roy?

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Mon Feb 09, 2015 4:09 pm

Its not something that interests me that much, but a VERY exciting announcement from Big Finish, their first use of New Who material:

http://www.bigfinish.com/news/v/unit---extinction

Big Finish is delighted to announce that Kate Stewart  (I think the character actually predated New Who-she was in a few novels and fan videos in the 1990's, so I'm not entirely sure if this is the rights to New Who 'version' of her, or the rights to the earlier versions-it IS licnesed by the BBC though...) and her UNIT team from the Doctor Who TV series Her UNIT team? Maybe this will include Osgood...will be starring in a brand new series of audio dramas, in a licensing deal with BBC Worldwide.

Kate is the daughter of Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart, and Head of Scientific Research at the Unified Intelligence Taskforce, which investigates and confronts alien attacks on the planet Earth. The role is portrayed by Jemma Redgrave (Dracula, Frankie, Cold Blood) who has appeared opposite Matt Smith and Peter Capaldi on television, and returns for the audio seriesWho else could be returning?.

“We’re thrilled that Jemma is on board for our brand new UNIT adventures,” says series producer David Richardson, “and we feel privileged to work within the universe of New Series Doctor Who for the first timeReading too much into the wording here, but what does he mean by first time?. UNIT: Extinction will showcase all the excitement, drama and wit that viewers of Doctor Who love.”

“Having worked with the greatly missed Nicholas Courtney and his magnificent portrayal of the Brigadier since the early days of Big Finish, it is wonderful to see the return of UNIT under the Brig’s daughter,” says executive producer Jason Haigh-Ellery. “We are all very excited about bringing UNIT back to Big Finish with the next generation and look forward immensely to working with Jemma again, who appears in this month’s Doctor Who main range release Doctor Who - Mistfall.”

“I’m really excited to hear Jemma and her team battling to save the Earth,” says executive producer Nick Briggs. “They’ve been such an important part of the many exciting things to come out of the Doctor Who TV series in recent years.”

Additional cast members for the first box set, UNIT: Extinction, will be revealed laterHmm.... This first box set release comprises four hours of adventure, in which Kate and her team confront an alien invasion by the Nestene Consciousness and its army of plastic AutonsInteresting they've picked the aliens from ROSE considering it is New Who's 10th Anniversary later this year....

UNIT: Extinction will be released in November 2015, and is available for specially-priced pre-order, with all pre-orders getting a copy of Nicholas Courtney's memoirs A Soldier in Time as a free download as Supplementary content in Big Finish accounts.

Three additional box sets will be available at six monthly intervals, with all four available for a Bundled pre-order. For many more details, watch this space in coming months.

BF's post 2016 license is up for renewal later this year (I think it is normally extended for three or four years at a time), as these boxsets will take the release schedule through past 2016, I have my fingers crossed for the rights to New Who included in the next extension.

I've never been that interested in UNIT in either Old or New Who, but I'm very excited by what this could mean for the future of Big Finish...

bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce

malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Feb 09, 2015 9:14 pm

Yeah I saw this- the big story here is as you say that they have licensed NuWho from BBC Worldwide for the first time, opening the way for NuWho Doctors to appear in the future.

As far as I am aware up until now anything directly relating to NUWho could not be referenced in BF, so hopefully that ban will go as well.

It makes sense from the production point of view, sad as it is to contemplate, the classic Doctors are not going to last forever and BF will need replacements for them.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Feb 09, 2015 9:16 pm

2nd episode "me" in my edited trilogy of the Life of River Song- You, me, handcuffs - is ready so here it is along with the first ep-

edit add- last part is uploaded to just adding it to the post. Enjoy! (It really does offer a different perspective on River's life)

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Feb 11, 2015 12:51 am

Some interesting numbers to crunch- NuWho xmas episode viewing figures-

the xmas invasion - 9.84
the runaway bride - 9.04
vogage of the damned - 13.31
the next doctor - 13.01
the end of time pt 1 - 12.04
the end of time pt2 - 12.27
a xmas carol - 12.11
The Doctor, the widow and the wardrobe - 8.92
the snowmen - 9.87
the time of the doctor - 11.14
last christmas - 9.62

These are just UK figures of course, and judging Who based on episode numbers is a perilous quest, especially if you equate big audience with any good, doing that will see Parting of the Ways, a Doctor regen story and the first appearance of a new Doctor (6.9) seem worse than Fear Her (7.1) despite Fear Her being generally being regarded as the worst episode of NuWho.

But I think you can use it to chart popularity in the broadest sense, in that like all media it will peak- whats interesting about Who, and always has been and explains its continued presence I think 50 years after it began, is that it has a core audience of about between 7-10 milllion who never go away.
The shows knack of appealing to the young means its replaces jaded viewers or ones whose interests have moved on with fresh eyes. And the show always seems to hang about the same level.
NuWho has been going 10 years now and the average difference in viewing figures across the whole is a variation less than half a million.

NuWho in the UK clearly peaked in the Tennant era, although going strictly on the viewing figures there does seem have to have been sign that the peak was scaled and the descent just begun by the time of his departure back to the average number of before and after.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 40  Next