Mrs Figg
Norc
David H
halfwise
Ringdrotten
15 posters

Page 12 of 17 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 17  Next

Go down

The road goes ever on and on - A Travel Thread - Page 12 Empty Re: The road goes ever on and on - A Travel Thread

Post by azriel Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:00 am

I am so looking forward to seeing your pics Ringo Very Happy

The road goes ever on and on - A Travel Thread - Page 12 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

The road goes ever on and on - A Travel Thread - Page 12 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

The road goes ever on and on - A Travel Thread - Page 12 Empty Re: The road goes ever on and on - A Travel Thread

Post by Norc Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:16 pm

oh my gawd, how did i miss this!! i am so jelous!! Very Happy !!!!!!! keep us updated pls!
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:43 am

halfwise wrote:
Ringdrotten wrote:Blue - we haven't tried any wines yet (both of us being beer drinkers by default), but we're planning on visiting a local winery)

Nothing converts confirmed beer or wine drinkers like a visit to a good winery or brewery. Nod  Though I think wineries do a better job here; too many breweries do not attend to the arts of proper contemplation.

It is great stuff for something as oddly named as "kiwi wine" Nod

Marlborough, Central Otago etc

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:08 am

Not much interesting to report from today, mostly driving since we spent an extra day in Kaikoura going up that mountain. Did get a few bottles of wine from a local winery, though, so I'll get back to you on those, halfy!

Got hold of a picture from yesterday's hike - I'm the touristy guy with the hat:

The road goes ever on and on - A Travel Thread - Page 12 Img_0513

The road goes ever on and on - A Travel Thread - Page 12 Man-in-black
Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:34 am

Lookin' good, Ringo. Thumbs Up

And that view is spectacular.
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:18 pm

Looks so warm & wonderful there. You remind me of "Twoflower", from Terry Pratchett books, in a nice way of course ! Very Happy

The road goes ever on and on - A Travel Thread - Page 12 2flowe10

The road goes ever on and on - A Travel Thread - Page 12 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:14 pm

yes, looking good ringo Wink handsome!

stumbled upon this one, it's funny. and catchy.
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:19 pm

It's hard to tell who exactly he's making fun of. I think everyone involved.

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:36 pm

I liked it, catchy Very Happy

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:33 am

Did a helicopter sightseeing tour today, was pretty awesome. Got only vids on my phone, still photos are on the camera so they'll have to wait until I get back home. Most of my pictures are, unfortunately! Got a few from my snapchat, though - this one's from a couple of days ago, drove past this gypsy stand/camp/tourist thingy, so naturally I had to break out my hat again for a pose Very Happy
The road goes ever on and on - A Travel Thread - Page 12 Img_0514

We've been making our way up the south island the last couple of days, so the wifi's harder to come by, hence the lack of updates. Hard to say which of the two islands I like better, but I'll probably make up my mind when I get home and start compiling a post on the journey as a whole Smile What I can say is that this country delivers all the way, and I could easily stay another three or six weeks. Next time, maybe!

Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:18 am

"Feel free to play with me", so you didn't bring your own guitar with!

Have you noticed many strange insects or animals? Any giant weta about?

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd
The Honorable Lord Gets-Banned-a-lot of Forumshire

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:41 am

Don't know how to play, so no Very Happy Haven't seen any - New Zealand is (I've learned) very unlike Australia that way, not much that will kill you around here. Suits me just fine Very Happy

Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Sat Jan 20, 2018 2:12 pm

What a cool idea, to just leave an inviting guitar on your porch!

Bit of a beard scruffing in, eh?

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:51 pm

What a great picture Very Happy You thoroughly look the part ! I like the sound of NZ even more if they don't have things with more legs than they should have, & nasty, bitey, crawly, sneaky, uppy things !

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:23 pm

The hat, glasses, beard, and guitar all go very well together. Nod
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Sun Jan 21, 2018 2:51 am

Definitely not keeping the beard Very Happy At some point during the trip I just decided to let it grow and see what happens, places to shave aren't always available anyway. Fun, but not entirely successful Laughing

Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:09 am

{{Looking very good there Ringo, all that troll hunting paying off Nod That picture appears to be missing just one thing however- a buckie by your side drunken }}}

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:54 am

lol could tell you had no idea how to play guitar in the way you were holding it Wink handsome indeed though..
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:35 pm

Sure does, Petty - and thanks! Very Happy We should have good chances of making up for the lack of buckie when we get back to Auckland - two days worth of no plans and tons of bars Thumbs Up

So not a picture to impress the guitar playing lasses then, Norc? Laughing (And that picture does not quite truthfully mirror reality, I'm afraid - but thanks Wink )

Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Sun Jan 21, 2018 2:50 pm

He's not holding it in classical guitar pose, but folk guitar, sure. Not during play - can't rest the forearm on the knee and maneuver, and fingers aren't on all strings; but between play.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sun Jan 21, 2018 4:42 pm

whats the difference between the two islands, are they very different or slightly different? which is more Hobbity?
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:17 pm

Ringdrotten wrote:
So not a picture to impress the guitar playing lasses then, Norc? Laughing (And that picture does not quite truthfully mirror reality, I'm afraid - but thanks Wink )
well i was impressed mostly by the hat so idk Shrugging
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:54 pm

Mrs Figg wrote:whats the difference between the two islands, are they very different or slightly different? which is more Hobbity?

The north is definitely more hobbity, the south has maybe more "impressive" landscape with mountains and fiords and whatnot. Both very beautiful in their own ways.

Norc - wish I could wear that hat everywhere as I've become very fond of it, but sadly that'd make me a hipster or worse back home Laughing

Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:31 pm

I'd say your right arm is not so effectively placed to strike the strings Wink but on the whole, nice picture. Nod

South island always was the one that shounded most interesting to me. Fiordland, or as Stephen Fry likes to say "Peter Jackson's Middle Earth", but I'll be prepared to be positively surprised by the north island too. Nod

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:27 am

Queenstown sunset

The road goes ever on and on - A Travel Thread - Page 12 Img_0515
The road goes ever on and on - A Travel Thread - Page 12 Img_0516

Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 17 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 17  Next