Mrs Figg
RA
David H
halfwise
Tinuviel
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

PJ's dwarves vs. Tolkien's Elves - Page 2 Empty Re: PJ's dwarves vs. Tolkien's Elves

Post by Mrs Figg Sat Apr 12, 2014 9:37 pm

David Bennent who played Gump when he was 19 gave the most spooky performance I think I have ever seen a teenager play. He was Dangerous fey and childlike, very faerie.

Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

PJ's dwarves vs. Tolkien's Elves - Page 2 Empty Re: PJ's dwarves vs. Tolkien's Elves

Post by halfwise Sat Apr 12, 2014 10:11 pm

I've never seen Legend, but looked it up and see that Jerry Goldsmith did the music for the original European release, but was replaced with stuff like Tangerine Dream for the USA release. I'd rather see the Goldsmith version, but Netflix doesn't admit which version it distributes. Anyone know?

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by Elthir Sat Apr 12, 2014 10:26 pm

Sorry, I don't know about Netflix. I have the director's version that takes out the Tangerine Dream music and notably changes the ending compared to the original US version. Someone did an in depth comparison...

But you can't avoid spoilers so don't go here until you've seen something...

http://www.figmentfly.com/legend/different3.html
Elthir
Elthir
Sharrasi's prentice

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sat Apr 12, 2014 10:28 pm

I only saw the Tangerine Dream version  scratch I think. But I highly recommend it Halfy, its visually stunning.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:36 pm

Tim Curry played the best Devil ive seen so far ! When he swung his horned head & came crashing after Jack I bricked it  pale And yes, it is a lovely film to watch !

PJ's dwarves vs. Tolkien's Elves - Page 2 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

PJ's dwarves vs. Tolkien's Elves - Page 2 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:45 pm

Elthir wrote:Sorry, I don't know about Netflix. I have the director's version that takes out the Tangerine Dream music and notably changes the ending compared to the original US version. Someone did an in depth comparison...

But you can't avoid spoilers so don't go here until you've seen something...

http://www.figmentfly.com/legend/different3.html

Why so many piddling changes?  scratch I don't see any theme linking them, but perhaps if I knew the movie I would. I'm guessing Netflix would use the director's cut, but not sure.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:54 pm

Just looked at my copy of Legend & the music is by Jerry Goldsmith, Why does there have to be so many film differences between countries & cuts ?? Its just a Faerie tale ?

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Sun Apr 13, 2014 12:05 am

Well the director's cut (which is the one now most distributed) is 113 minutes, the European was 94 and the American version was 89. It seems the main goal was to get the American version moving. But in the process they swapped a lot of things around.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:00 pm

azriel wrote:Tim Curry played the best Devil ive seen so far ! When he swung his horned head & came crashing after Jack I bricked it  pale And yes, it is a lovely film to watch !

Evil or Very Mad 

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:15 pm

I was getting into that Blue, when it cut off  Very Happy  Those 2 were good together, shame poor old Dudders came down with a nasty debilitating problem !  Crying or Very sad

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:23 pm

Yeah, I might have started watching it myself when I found the video. Razz  It's a great  movie. Nod

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2