Eldorion
Mrs Figg
Norc
Ringdrotten
halfwise
12 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Hobbit Literary analysis podcast - Page 3 Empty Re: Hobbit Literary analysis podcast

Post by Mrs Figg Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:26 pm

yes thats what I thought, the cave Goblins got them.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Hobbit Literary analysis podcast - Page 3 Empty Re: Hobbit Literary analysis podcast

Post by Sinister71 Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:14 am

well your quite right Embarassed it was only one but Kili and Fili got it back before nearly being drowned. But then the goblins took the ponies... Suspect But the trolls never did get them though Wink   

Suspect  NEVERMIND I'LL BE OVER HERE KEEPING MY MOUTH SHUT Suspect
Sinister71
Sinister71
Stinging Fly

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:19 am

Yeah, I have to go back and make sure he was referring to books not the movies.

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:55 am

The goblins stole the company's ponies in the Rankin/Bass version. Just sayin'. Wink 

bungobaggins
Eternal Mayor in The Halls of Mandos

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Mon Oct 21, 2013 5:17 pm

Personally having the ponies captured and eaten by the Trolls wasn't a change that bothered me very much at first (until I saw the way Jackson executed that scene...) and it was probably easier from a technical point of view to have them lost earlier in the films.

Well, that was worth the wait wasn't it  Suspect

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:00 pm

They couldnt have done the storm giant scene the way they did with ponies. Wish they had taken them.

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:15 pm

Good Point.

I wish I had the enthusiasm (or at least strong enough response to the film) to go beyond petty sarcasm. I guess that was my biggest problem with AUJ I simply didn't care enough to react to the film in any real manner.

Six months the Blu Ray has been sitting on my shelf waiting for a second chance...but I simply can't be arsed to justify me purchasing it. Coupled with the annoying Thorin fangirls it's one of the main reasons I scarcely post on TORn anymore to paraphrase Tolkien 'I don't know the books half as well as I should like, and I like less than Half the film about as much as it deserves'.

I will force myself to watch the EE, hopefully with a more open mind this time, or more attentive one at least(down to your version of The Hobbit Petty I'm sure to pay more attention this time at least).

Well, that was worth the wait wasn't it  Suspect

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:03 pm

know the feeling. No I just dont care about the characters so I only watched it twice and the second time I was a bit twitchy during the boring bits ie the WC, Goblin Town..hell.. 90% of it.
when I watch LOTR it grabs me every time, I watch it going wow wow wow this is fantastic!, every time, even after 10 years the quality is so superior in every way. I still cry, laugh and thrill to it. I love it to bits.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3