Norc
chris63
Eldorion
CC12 35
Mrs Figg
29 posters

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

Seen any good films lately? [2] - Page 37 Empty Re: Seen any good films lately? [2]

Post by Norc Fri Jun 06, 2014 7:17 am

hugh jackman was awesome. the only problem i really had with the movie whas the end though
Spoiler:
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Seen any good films lately? [2] - Page 37 Empty Re: Seen any good films lately? [2]

Post by Forest Shepherd Fri Jun 06, 2014 8:44 am

I think you might have that backwards Norc.
I mean,
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd
The Honorable Lord Gets-Banned-a-lot of Forumshire

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Fri Jun 06, 2014 8:51 am

Spoiler:
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Fri Jun 06, 2014 8:54 am

I'm still confused as to why he "wakes up" so to speak in the future when he does.
Spoiler:

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Fri Jun 06, 2014 8:58 am

i thought i explained it....
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Fri Jun 06, 2014 9:17 am

Spoiler:
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Fri Jun 06, 2014 9:23 am

Ah, so it is the same time in both universes, relatively. Thanks.
Although,
Spoiler:

Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Fri Jun 06, 2014 10:49 am

Spoiler:
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Lancebloke Fri Jun 06, 2014 11:09 am

Watched white house down the other day.... what a pile of shit that was.
Lancebloke
Lancebloke
Tamer and master of Large Metallic Fell Beasts

http://www.lancebloke.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Fri Jun 06, 2014 5:44 pm

More like Shit-house Down? Amirite? eh?  Wink 

Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd

Back to top Go down

Post by Lancebloke Fri Jun 06, 2014 7:05 pm

:facepalm: 

But yes!!!
Lancebloke
Lancebloke

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Fri Jun 06, 2014 7:08 pm

Lancebloke wrote:Watched white house down the other day.... what a pile of shit that was.
 I watched that & "Olympus Has Fallen", both were cack ! I dont feel interested in watching "Edge of Tomorrow" either, seems the same predictable tripe, I dont see Tom Cruise handling any other sort of role ? Its getting pretty 'samey', like "Oblivion".

Seen any good films lately? [2] - Page 37 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

Seen any good films lately? [2] - Page 37 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Fri Jun 06, 2014 7:10 pm

I had the same thought about Edge of Tomorrow, but I've heard that it's better than it looks. I still couldn't muster the interest to see it last night, though, even amidst a pretty unpromising slate of movies.
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Fri Jun 06, 2014 7:35 pm

I lean a bit too heavily on online review sites, but there is no way in hell that Edge of Tomorrow can disappoint as heavily as White House Down and Olympus Has Fallen.
The aggregate has spoken:
Gripping, well-acted, funny, and clever, Edge of Tomorrow offers entertaining proof that Tom Cruise is still more than capable of shouldering the weight of a blockbuster action thriller.

Vs.

White House Down benefits from the leads' chemistry, but director Roland Emmerich smothers the film with narrative clichés and choppily edited action.

and

It's far from original, but Olympus Has Fallen benefits from Antoine Fuqua's tense direction and a strong performance from Gerard Butler -- which might just be enough for action junkies.

Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Fri Jun 06, 2014 7:38 pm

And really, the current lineup in theatres (albeit, perhaps not the populist theatres) is not bad at all!
I can see complaining in, say, January or February. But there are some great films in several genres currently playing.

Edit: I just checked the crappiest theatre I know (in terms of taste) and 6 out of the 9 films showing were good and far above average.

Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Thu Jun 12, 2014 6:02 pm

Watched this film this afternoon, it was terrific ! Ralph Fiennes was the star of the show without a doubt, he was deliciously camp. Non stop fun all the way. Sublimely eccentric & a proper farce. Colourful & funny. If you like weird or even border line weird, I recommend this one, It told the whole story in a nutshell.

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Jun 12, 2014 7:16 pm

Thats one of those films I keep meaning to watch and never seem to get round too! I must try to make the effort.

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Thu Jun 12, 2014 9:30 pm

I really enjoyed The Grand Budapest Hotel but I thought it got pretty sad towards the end. I wasn't in a great emotional state when I saw it though. There are some great laughs, to be sure. Highly recommended either way.
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Thu Jun 12, 2014 10:36 pm

Yes Eldo, I thought the ending was sad, thats the trouble with nostalgic type films the ending nearly always makes you feel 'lost' ?
I just loved how Fiennes kept calling people 'darling' etc, even soldiers ! He said 'fuck off' inoffensively also  Razz

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Thu Jun 12, 2014 11:30 pm

Oh gosh now I really want to watch it too.
I meant to a while back, but I never saw it in theatres, so I guess I'll just have to get it on DVD sometime.

Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Fri Jun 13, 2014 5:42 am

Wanted to see Grand Budapest Hotel, too. Never got around to it.

I did see that new Tom Cruise movie tonight, it was good. Entertaining, good effects and action, and I liked the "Groundhog Day" aspect.

I did see a bunch of teenaged couples going to see "The Fault in our Stars." Each of those boys is going to have to deal with a sobbing girl at the end of the night. Poor kids. Razz

bungobaggins
Eternal Mayor in The Halls of Mandos

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Fri Jun 13, 2014 7:03 am

i wanna see that movie so bad!
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Lancebloke Fri Jun 13, 2014 7:50 am

Best way to deal with a sobbing girl is to go on the playstation I have found.
Lancebloke
Lancebloke

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Fri Jun 13, 2014 9:20 am

Not with her standing next to you it isn't.

Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Fri Jun 13, 2014 1:30 pm

Suspect 
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next