+4
Anne
Amarië
Mrs Figg
Pettytyrant101
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The 'We Demand Channeling, Respectability and the Bugle' Thread Empty The 'We Demand Channeling, Respectability and the Bugle' Thread

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Sep 15, 2012 2:43 pm

For as long as there has been a Forumshire it has been marked out by several things, prominent among them was its sense of respectability, of proper hobbit-sense spoke plainly- and for that Odo was our exemparly.
For as long as there has been a Forumshire (and before) there has been a Channeler- witty often insightful always funny. And when the forum needed a lift, when dullness threatened the sky with its grey clouds here would be Wisey to put us all right again.
And on behalf of Pure Publications I have been told to include the Bugle in this lament- apparently there is no pleasure to be had in the NotP being Forumshires premier and award winning newspaper without a rival to gloat over. Therefore Pure Publications has authorised me to become the Bugles new subscriber to replace Odo so that it may continue to so poorly serve the community with its so called Wholesome Tales.

So in short- there must be a line drawn- an appeal made to on high- I need the Queen here to protest her case from Valinor- I need Eldo and Elthir to cry out in protest across all Forumshire from the very top of the Tower of Lore. And Amarie to threaten Ambassadorial, um theats, until the situation is resolved. Halfwise to shed in protest. And Chris to stop reporting in protest. And Mrs Figg, poor Mrs Figg, think of her plight, without Odo's 'support' Mrs Figg's Emporium and all her highly talented eel oil girls will be bankrupt!
So to anyone who has ever laughed outloud reading the Bugle, to anyone who has fought the sly grin edging up their face at Odo's posts or found yourself rereading Wisey's poems because they keep getting better and better with every reread- then here's the place to make your voice heard and keep Channeling, Respectability and even the Bugle, where it belongs- in Fourmshire!

So sign up now!

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

The 'We Demand Channeling, Respectability and the Bugle' Thread Empty Re: The 'We Demand Channeling, Respectability and the Bugle' Thread

Post by Mrs Figg Sat Sep 15, 2012 4:32 pm

truer words were never spoken in Forumshire! cheers
we need our Banks clan! Forumshire without Odo is like Dr Who without Tennant, half arsed, thats what. No
so Orwell, you had better bring them all back, pronto!!!! Mad
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

The 'We Demand Channeling, Respectability and the Bugle' Thread Empty Re: The 'We Demand Channeling, Respectability and the Bugle' Thread

Post by Amarië Sat Sep 15, 2012 5:03 pm

As an ambassador it would be wrong for me to involve myself in the internal affairs of Forumshire and their residence. {{{ Laughing }}}

However, as a land owner and tax payer (well...in a fashion) of Forumshire, subscriber of all things written and published and silent partner in Jelly'n'Eel Import and Delivery I must say that dark powers will be set in motion if this is the Shire we are now forced to live in. Mad

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."
-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by Anne Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:40 pm

Dear Forumshirans,

Once I come into my inheritance, I promise to resurrect The Bugle. cheers

I may be a young naive innocent hobbit - of indeterminate age - but I am an old fashioned strong willed girl who believes firmly in the Banksian proprieties that this learned journal always embodied.

I will see you at the reading of Odo's (Daddy's) will.

Anne Dashing-Banks
Heir

Clue-finder

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:46 pm

Heir? Thats a bit presumptious Anne- before the will has been read. Which will be soon, just as soon as the ink has dried, I mean the lawyers have finished checking it over.

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Wisey Banks Sat Sep 15, 2012 10:05 pm

Channelin's an Arcane Art,
You don't need a Life to do it,
It cannot be killed by Death,
Yet some clearly never knew it! Rolling Eyes

"The Netospheric Voice Tone Poems": Longfellow.

Wisey's Ghost

Chief Forumshire Channeller

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sat Sep 15, 2012 10:28 pm

Razz hip hip hoozah a Channelin we will go!

An ode to Wisey Banks
in earnest smiling thanks
for all his rhyming pranks
we dont want him to ever go
even when deaded by a foe
even if he stubs a toe
we need his brand of channelin
in musky rooms with pannelin
sweatin face given a good flannelin
so come back oh Wisey do
back to this motley crew
we miss you yes its true.

ode to a channelin legend and Sunday car washer.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Sep 16, 2012 2:28 am

cheers The ghost of Wisey! pale Did I mention ghosties and booglies and such give me the heebie-jeebies?
But other than that great to see you back.., um, here, well about again Wisey. And fine channeling Mrs Figg- well put indeed.
You arent going to be lurching about moaning though are you Wisey ? Or putting sheets over your head and making woo noises? Suspect

And if Odo comes back the same way I suspect Our Ladies will be getting a prolonged period of haunting! Shocked

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:32 pm

I am prepared to shed in the cause! But fair warning - you know what your cat looks like when wet....an unsettling sight: sure to bring bodies out of the grave if only to get me clothed again.

the three day countdown has begun before I go on a hairy strike. (somewhat akin to a hunger strike).

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by leelee Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:31 pm

The thing is, and this is only my opinion, it is not a situation like over on the gentle planet when Grondy (John) sailed into the west two years ago. We all shed oceans of hot tears, those of us who knew him. But his very leaving and all the words he had left us as inheritance only inspired us to carry on and invite all who would then and to come join and bring the 'spirit', the beauty and lifeforce of the site back into the place in memory and in honor of Grondy and for the love of all others.
In this instance, a malevolent force brought carnage and sorrow for no discernable good reason. And the loss is so great and permanent that I find, at least in my heart, the will to participate rather gone. For if this happened , a mass harm done to such dear folk, then why attach ourselves to others who come along to take their places, if in fact that could ever be possible. I will always grieve their unnecessary passing, especially Orwell.It is a terrible tragedy.
leelee
leelee
Free-est Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post by Wisey Banks Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:47 am

All's well that ends well,
And Orwell had it coming!
He's now in a darklit place,
Working on the plumbing;

A proper job of work for him,
Now a worker - yes, a doer,
His mind has always been there,
And now his flesh is in the sewer,

The Eterrnal Sewer that is,
Where folk of Orwell's ilk
Get sent to tighten pooper-pipes,
And live on Plague Rat milk!

"Folk Getting What's Coming ro 'em!" Psalm 112 of the Book of Eru-Illuvatar.

Wisey's Ghost.

Chief Forumshire Channeller

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:58 am

As I see it, this is of course not like a real life death. But it is a great loss to this forum's roleplay and creative area. It's a bit like Otto sitting down with a pout on his face, refusing to post more stories and poems. Not that I expect Orwell (under what ever name he chooses) to go quiet...

Back in the days when the Planet had many many more roleplay games up and running, one might have complained about "God moding" in such cases. But if you want to kill off your character in a game, then there's not much the rest can do but complain. Loudly, if needed. In cases characters was "adopted" by others. (Of course, we didn't allow multiple accounts which makes things a bit more complicated.)

It is important to remember that
1) It's only roleplay. In many cases this means roll your eyes and play along.
2)It's Orwell. Sanity and subtlety can't be expected. Also, See 1).

Last edited by Amarië on Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:36 am; edited 1 time in total

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."
-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:01 am

Wisey Banks wrote:All's well that ends well,
And Orwell had it coming!
He's now in a darklit place,
Working on the plumbing;

A proper job of work for him,
Now a worker - yes, a doer,
His mind has always been there,
And now his flesh is in the sewer,

The Eterrnal Sewer that is,
Where folk of Orwell's ilk
Get sent to tighten pooper-pipes,
And live on Plague Rat milk!

"Folk Getting What's Coming ro 'em!" Psalm 112 of the Book of Eru-Illuvatar.

Wisey's Ghost.

Ahhh, Wisey, now that is a psalm worth hanging on the wall. lol!

-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by Anne Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:23 am

Daddy always said Orwell would end up in a dark smelly place. I bet Daddy is even now looking down from Mount Taniquetil (or whatever that Silmarilliony place is) saying something like: "He was a pathetic hobbit and a worse hench-hobbit I've rarely known or owned." When I come into my inheritance I plan to only have hench-hobbits of the best quality - the very best. Very Happy

Clue-finder

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:16 pm

ok.. I don't get it. what have I missed?
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:37 pm

The 'We Demand Channeling, Respectability and the Bugle' Thread 1625187496Most of the Banks clan, Odo, Wisey, Mirabella, Biffo, Orwell all wiped out and murdered by a rampaging knight? (who I herocically and with self sacrifice, I had to waste buckie, stopped by setting him on fire). Apart from that you havent missed anything.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:47 pm

are you sure? maybe we need a detective to solve the mystery? but he's busy pretending he's dead.
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:00 pm

Anne is a Banks?! When did...oh, I see. I'm running out to change my name.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:26 pm

Anne is a Banks? Shocked

Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Anne Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:31 pm

A thing that was kept quiet back when Mummy and Daddy fell in love one night, Mrs Figg. Nowadays that kind of thing is out in the open, but Daddy was a respectable hobbit as you know, and Mummy promised not to tell until Daddy had passed. Anyway, I'm here now to collect my inheritance. cheers {{{And I do wish Mr Tyrant would get on with the Will! Rolling Eyes }}}

Clue-finder

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:42 pm

Hmm...would that dashing frolicsome female Banks I once married happen to be you, Anne? It's all so blurry. Don't think there was a wedding cake or me and wifey would have face planted in it.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:04 pm

Anyway, I'm here now to collect my inheritance.- Anne

I assume you missed the reading of the will then? Perhaps just as well.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:05 pm

oh wheres the Banks clan
the poops hit the fan
gone is the Big Headed man
but where can he be
just nipped out for a pee
or gone forever from Bree
I miss that brachycephalic fool
destroying them was just cruel
so long live the Banks
those variopinto cranks
thanks

Ode to Odo the Missing
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:53 am

Not to be pedantic Mrs Figg but that should be Ode to Odo the missing and in several bits. Very Happy

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:54 am

You? pedantic? never! Rolling Eyes

thats Odos job Sad
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next