Mrs Figg
Norc
Pettytyrant101
22 posters

Page 19 of 22 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next

Go down

Hello Norc - Page 19 Empty Re: Hello Norc

Post by Norc Wed Mar 30, 2016 3:28 pm

Mrs Figg wrote:Norc it doesn't matter if you only post now and again, as long as you don't disappear forever. because everyone would miss you a lot.
<3
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Wed Mar 30, 2016 4:06 pm

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."
-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Wed Mar 30, 2016 6:08 pm

Norc wrote:
Ringdrotten wrote:I hope everything's ok, Norc. Enjoying the land of the free and home of the brave, i.e. Trondheim (sorry, dearest US-hobbits!) or is it all exams and stress? Smile Spring should come soon enough, I recommend blowing off some steam and relaxing with a utepils or four on Solsiden Wink
thanks Smile i fell of the horse only... gotta get back up... totally up for an utepils, your treat?? Wink

Klart Smile Må bare komme seg hjem først!

Hello Norc - Page 19 Man-in-black
Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:29 pm

Ringdrotten wrote:I hope everything's ok, Norc. Enjoying the land of the free and home of the brave, i.e. Trondheim (sorry, dearest US-hobbits!)

You got me all excited there thinking you were Stateside and were proposing a Forumshire meet-up! Mad Sad
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Wed Mar 30, 2016 8:45 pm

Sorry, Eldo! I don't think I'll be visiting the US again anytime soon (thought I will at some point, have no doubt), but if you happen to be in Norway someday I'll gladly fly to where ever you go and take you out for a couple of our famously expensive beers Very Happy
Speaking of travel, I'm seriously considering a trip to New Zealand next year, most likely jan or feb - how about a forumshire meetup down there? Smile

Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:28 pm

Well, you've got two in the area. Most people won't fly down-under unless they can burn at least a week of vacation, so not likely to get too many others to join you. It has always been my dream...maybe in a few years.

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:37 pm

Ringdrotten wrote:
Norc wrote:
Ringdrotten wrote:I hope everything's ok, Norc. Enjoying the land of the free and home of the brave, i.e. Trondheim (sorry, dearest US-hobbits!) or is it all exams and stress? Smile Spring should come soon enough, I recommend blowing off some steam and relaxing with a utepils or four on Solsiden Wink
thanks Smile i fell of the horse only... gotta get back up... totally up for an utepils, your treat?? Wink

Klart Smile  Må bare komme seg hjem først!

Yes!! Si ifra da Smile)))
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:38 pm

Ringdrotten wrote:Sorry, Eldo! I don't think I'll be visiting the US again anytime soon (thought I will at some point, have no doubt), but if you happen to be in Norway someday I'll gladly fly to where ever you go and take you out for  a couple of our famously expensive beers Very Happy
Speaking of travel, I'm seriously considering a trip to New Zealand next year, most likely jan or feb - how about a forumshire meetup down there? Smile

Ditto if you're ever in norway Smile

New Zealand is tempting, expensive ?
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:38 pm

I'm in a lucky spot that way - jan/feb are months I can easily get two or three weeks off if I ask, while summer is worse. So next year I think I'll just take advantage of that and say fak off to fjordian colds and winter and just go somwhere else and make myself some memories. New Zealand was my first thought, and it should be nice and warm as well Smile I'm a huge fan of trains, and I've been looking at different trips I want to take, and the more I look the closer I get to buying the tickets Smile
Been looking up routes on this site:
http://www.seat61.com/northern-explorer.htm#.Vvw40hLa3MI

Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:42 pm

Norc wrote:
Ringdrotten wrote:Sorry, Eldo! I don't think I'll be visiting the US again anytime soon (thought I will at some point, have no doubt), but if you happen to be in Norway someday I'll gladly fly to where ever you go and take you out for  a couple of our famously expensive beers Very Happy

New Zealand is tempting, expensive ?

It's a long way from cheap, but I'm growing pretty tired of these shitty winters, and I'll gladly spend some troll-hunting cash on a change of scenery if I can next year. Win the lottery and tag along Smile (unless you're one of those rare rich students and can afford it anyway Smile )

Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:47 pm

Would love to go to New Zealand one day but the distance involved makes that one a very distant dream.

Still thinking about Europe although I scratched the travel bug for the time being with my big road trip (and a number of driving-intensive things on either side of it, too). But when I go I definitely wanna hit up Norway, really just cause of you guys on here. Very Happy

And of course if anyone is passing through the mid-Atlantic US and is interested hit me up. Nod
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:16 pm

Ringdrotten wrote:I'm in a lucky spot that way - jan/feb are months I can easily get two or three weeks off if I ask, while summer is worse. So next year I think I'll just take advantage of that and say fak off to fjordian colds and winter and just go somwhere else and make myself some memories. New Zealand was my first thought, and it should be nice and warm as well Smile I'm a huge fan of trains, and I've been looking at different trips I want to take, and the more I look the closer I get to buying the tickets Smile
Been looking up routes on this site:
http://www.seat61.com/northern-explorer.htm#.Vvw40hLa3MI

Um...Ringo. I hate to be the one to break it to you. You ain't getting to New Zealand by train. Crying or Very sad

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:24 pm

No, but you CAN take trains from Fjordland to Bangkok, and a cheap Thai Air ticket the rest of the way. It's a standard route for NZ students to get to the UK.  The Trans-Siberian and Trans-Mongolian part is amazing, and I don't use that term lightly.

Horsemaster, Fighting Bears in the Pacific Northwest

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:27 pm

Haha, my geography knowledge isn't good, but it isn't that bad either - my plan is to travel around by train in New Zealand, once I get there Wink

Edit: read my previous post again, no wonder you thought I meant to go to NZ itself by train.

David - I'd love to take such a trip, but it'll take too much time. The Trans-Siberian has been a dream for years, though

Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:46 pm

Ringdrotten wrote:The Trans-Siberian has been a dream for years, though

In that case Ringo, let me just play devil's advocate. A Jet Blue flight to Moscow, 5 1/2 days to Beijing, 24hrs to Hong Kong, and a flight to Auckland takes only just over a week, gives you a trip of a lifetime, and saves you $1000 in the bargain. Come on, you know you want to!Twisted Evil

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:26 pm

He's got a point.  Only taking a week off for New Zealand is cutting it close: go for two whole weeks, one puffing and clanking across the continent.

I take it you've done the trans-Siberian, Dave?  I'd be satisfied with the Orient Express.  Just no murders on the way.  I have taken the train all over China, and it's SPECTACULAR.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Thu Mar 31, 2016 12:53 am

Yep. In Feb 2009 I basically took the train from Hong Kong to London (with a couple bus connections), then a standby flight to New York, and back on trains to Seattle where I'd started 34 days before. The real adventure is that I did it without any real plan, getting standby tickets and transit visas along the way. It was one of my better trips!

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Thu Mar 31, 2016 12:04 pm

Norc wrote:

I'm in Norway. Suspect

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Thu Mar 31, 2016 12:24 pm

Eldo isn't
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Thu Mar 31, 2016 12:28 pm

Well, that's obviously something we need to change then. Nod

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Thu Mar 31, 2016 1:05 pm

Hello Norc - Page 19 Giphy

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Thu Mar 31, 2016 4:24 pm

i wanna take the transiberian only because its TRANS!!!
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Thu Mar 31, 2016 5:51 pm

I still think Oxford would be easier.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Thu Mar 31, 2016 6:32 pm

But I'm in fjordlandia already. Shrugging

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Thu Mar 31, 2016 11:57 pm

oxford is easier yes Smile and makes more sense too. anyone wanna start planning?? make a fun schedule or something? and then perhaps setting a date?
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 22 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next