Orwell
David H
Pettytyrant101
Mrs Figg
Ally
25 posters

Page 7 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 40  Next

Go down

Things that are making you crabbit! [2] - Page 7 Empty Re: Things that are making you crabbit! [2]

Post by Tinuviel Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:02 am

It makes sense (for the most part Wink ) So does PJ expect that all these theaters to buy new projectors????

Things that are making you crabbit! [2] - Page 7 Tumblr_ndsrspapRL1qlqsnio3_500
Tinuviel
Tinuviel
Finest Nose

Back to top Go down

Things that are making you crabbit! [2] - Page 7 Empty Re: Things that are making you crabbit! [2]

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:32 am

Thats what the fuss over cinemacon was Tin- when they showed the 48fr footage to poor reviews.
That was supposed to be a showreel for industry insiders, the people who will have to decide if its worth the investment upgrading all their cinema chains.
PJ's recent attempts to say it was just some bloggers who complained is pretty weak- that show for was for the money folks in the industry- and if they weren't impressed it doesn't bode well for investment in upgrading many cinemas in the near future.

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by leelee Wed Jul 18, 2012 4:49 am

David H wrote:They do take things awfully seriously over in Bree sometimes, don't they? Rolling Eyes

I usually just sit back, munching popcorn and carrots. Would you like one, Mrs Figg?

:carrot:
The hoody suits you very well, I like it.
leelee
leelee
Free-est Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:30 am

I think Petty pretty much answered you question, Tin. Wink With the transition to digital projection in the past few years theatres have had to spend quite a bit of money upgrading their equipment. The big chains are able to eat the cost but it's hit independently-owned theatres pretty hard already.
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:40 am

leelee wrote:The hoody suits you very well, I like it.

Well thank you, Leelee. Smile
They're really quite comfortable!
David H
David H
Horsemaster, Fighting Bears in the Pacific Northwest

Back to top Go down

Post by Kafria Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:17 pm

Technology is a pain, had to resort to my phone as the notebook is not registering keystrokes at the mo. No it is not the buckie that is the problem it is the tech! Razz

'A novel is a long piece of prose with ,in the eyes of the author at least, something wrong with it - Neil Gaiman, intro to American gods
Kafria
Kafria
Lady of Dale

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:07 pm

More buckie then is the solution Kafria! drunken It wont fix the tech problem but you'll stop giving a damn about it. Very Happy

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:45 pm

The lack of a mention for Tolkien in the Olympic opening ceremony is making me crabbit- a whole section highlighting great British childrens literature and no hobbit?! What?
I mean they had the Child Catcher from Chitty Chitty Bang Bang in there, Peter Pan, and bloody Potter!! Evil or Very Mad

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinuviel Sat Jul 28, 2012 4:47 pm

Well technically, Petty, Tolkien is South African Nod

Tinuviel
Tinuviel
Finest Nose

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Jul 28, 2012 4:59 pm

Born in SA yes, but I'm not sure he was SA. This was still the days of Empire. And though I am not 100% sure I think back then if you were born in a British Territory you were still British. Or at least dual citizenship.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Sat Jul 28, 2012 5:15 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:The lack of a mention for Tolkien in the Olympic opening ceremony is making me crabbit

Probably better this way, Petty. If Voldemort had been attacked by a swarm of Galadriels I suspect we would be trying to revive you from a crabbit-induced coma right now.
David H
David H

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Jul 28, 2012 5:38 pm

Very Happy You might have a point there David.

But as it wasn't a version of the books I could have lived with something representing Tolkien in there somewhere.
I was even more crabbit at the commentators claiming HP was the biggest selling children's book of all time. That really made me crabbit (I don't even know if its true- you'd think TH selling for more than a half a century would have racked up more overall- but if it is true I think that makes me even more crabbit! Mad )

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinuviel Sun Jul 29, 2012 4:32 am

They also failed to mention CS Lewis scratch Do they just assume that the world is too young and ignorant to know who they are anymore?

EDIT: Here's a link to prove that the Hobbit is the much more popular than HP http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_books

Tinuviel
Tinuviel
Finest Nose

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Sun Jul 29, 2012 5:01 am

450 million copies for the Harry Potter series, 150 million for LotR, 100 million for the Hobbit. That's according to Tin's wiki article. Non of those are numbers to scoff at.
David H
David H

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Jul 29, 2012 5:14 am

So Potter has only sold more if you add them all together?
What's the sale average I wonder for a single volume in the series?

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Sun Jul 29, 2012 7:22 am

I can't seem to find good sales numbers, but Halfblood Prince sold 9 million copies in English on its first day. It's hard to believe it hasn't exceeded 100 million by now.
David H
David H

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:40 pm

I can feel some crabbit coming on... Mad

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:59 pm

ok I did this MENSA test without cheating and I only got 17, so not a genius then? No

http://intelligence-test.net/part1/
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Sun Jul 29, 2012 4:36 pm

I stopped taking those altogether when I realized that some people took them seriously. They're kind of fun though...
David H
David H

Back to top Go down

Things that are making you crabbit! [2] - Page 7 Empty crabbit

Post by leelee Sun Jul 29, 2012 8:29 pm

Mrs Figg wrote:ok I did this MENSA test without cheating and I only got 17, so not a genius then? No

http://intelligence-test.net/part1/

no dear it meant 170. I seriously got like two. Or maybe that was the one that shut down on me , they were ashamed to have me try out. Sad I was always in the honors class all thru school, but i was the one that had to work so hard, memorize everything. My teacher knew i was shy and fearful and always chose me to humiliate any mistakes. she called me a vegetable, well all the class, but me the worst. She said i was a wilted celery. I was terrified of her because she drank hard, carried it with her in a little metal flask and wore those absolute quiet shoes called hush puppies or something so we could not hear her coming. On last day of grade twelve all the class , we had all been so perfect for her for three years, all but me suddenly stood up on their desks and threw wads of paper at her. Total chaos. And worst of all I got her for my piano teacher at home during the summer. ! She made me afraid of all tests. Don't take them is my motto.
leelee
leelee
Free-est Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post by Ally Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:16 pm

Things that are making you crabbit! [2] - Page 7 Tumblr11

ME: look phonebooks. it’s time we had a talk. i’m afraid we don’t need your services anymore.
PHONEBOOKS: but we have so much information!
ME: but we have so much google now.
PHONEBOOKS: but remember that time we gave you pizza coupons and when you prank called your teacher? that was fun, right?
ME: yes it was phonebooks, it was. but i’m sorry. it’s over.
PHONEBOOKS: i want to cry, but i’m made of paper.
ME: there there now. it will be okay.

Ally
Wannabe Beard

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:39 am

You empathy for phonebooks is as touching as it is completely hatstand Ally- I salute you drunkenly. drunken

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:42 am

Ally's a heartbreaker even of things that don't have a heart. Everyone who's surprised, raise your hand.

What's that? No one...? Okay. Rolling Eyes
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:45 am

*rais hand*
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:45 am

You need to get to know Ally better then. Very Happy
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 40  Next