+5
David H
Mirabella
Eldorion
Pretty Tyrant
halfwise
9 posters

Go down

the don't Monkee with Mirabella thread Empty the don't Monkee with Mirabella thread

Post by halfwise Sun Mar 11, 2012 3:01 am

An open letter from Halfwise to Mirabella, posted by his agent Nigel (who hasn't the faintest idea where Halfwise is hiding, in fact just stumbled upon this left outside the door. Must have been mistakenly left for someone else really, since Nigel has NO connection to Halfwise whatsoever. None.)

Dear Mirabella (I hope 'Dear' is not being too forward);

I just wanted to impress upon you how - despite any purely accidental and unfortunate wording that may have given the opposite impression - just how deeply I revere the memory of the newly late Davy Jones (may the hair on his toes ever grow longer, that is metaphorically speaking of course, given his present condition). Though I would never doubt your wisdom and munificence, which has unfortunately resulted in my living under a porch for the last week or so, and wouldn't for a moment ask you to alter your just judgement against me for my own unworthy sake, I would ask you to take pity on my man Ferguson. The situation has been sorely trying for him, and he's been run ragged trying to deliver tea and buttered toast whilst being chased by all manner of beasts and irate farmers across the fields. The fact is he's not the young man he used to be, and outrunning a sow while carrying a kettle of hot tea has long since ceased to hold any amusement for him.

So I humbly beseech you, as only one who is sleeping with straw in his hair and matted toes can (not that my condition should sway your most honorable opinion of course), to relax the already merciful and light sentence of death you have passed on me, so that Ferguson may continue his gainful employment in comfort and peace.

(You might also mention to Nigel that he looks ridiculous with that haircut and sunglasses, as I haven't the heart to tell him directly.)

In tolkien of my earnestness, I'd like to offer you this bouquet of flowers:

the don't Monkee with Mirabella thread Flowers_4ab9245f5c1d0

Um...err...not quite right. Banghead Let me try that again... Embarassed

the don't Monkee with Mirabella thread Wedding__bouquets

Last edited by halfwise on Sun Mar 11, 2012 3:47 am; edited 1 time in total

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

the don't Monkee with Mirabella thread Empty Re: the don't Monkee with Mirabella thread

Post by Pretty Tyrant Sun Mar 11, 2012 3:37 am

Somebody is looking to get very hurt indeed!!!! Evil or Very Mad Back off my Mirry Halfwise!!!!! Extremely Crabbit

Clue-finder

Location : Pure Publications communal housing scheme, Scotsdale

Back to top Go down

the don't Monkee with Mirabella thread Empty Re: the don't Monkee with Mirabella thread

Post by Eldorion Sun Mar 11, 2012 3:40 am

Speaking of which, were you two ever going to get married or is that off now? Suspect
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Sun Mar 11, 2012 3:46 am

Pretty Tyrant wrote:Somebody is looking to get very hurt indeed!!!! Evil or Very Mad Back off my Mirry Halfwise!!!!! Extremely Crabbit

Whoopsies. Those were purely platonic flowers!

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Pretty Tyrant Sun Mar 11, 2012 3:52 am

Well, so long as they were platonic (that does mean non-sexual doesn't it?-it better!)
There is still lots to do Halfwise for the wedding- we haven't even picked a venue yet, or the flowers, or all the flower girls or bridesmaids, or the band, or decided on shoes yet or even dresses..in fact there's loads still to do! affraid

Clue-finder

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Sun Mar 11, 2012 4:00 am

Platonic ain't phallic, and even it it was, it would be greek love. Your girl's safe from all but the lustful thoughts which of course are non-existent.

{{{ Amarie - I thought you said flowers would get me out of trouble. Clearly you didn't explain all the complications to me! }}}

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Pretty Tyrant Sun Mar 11, 2012 4:02 am

Mmmm scratch I might just hurt you a bit, just to be on the safe side...

Clue-finder

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirabella Sun Mar 11, 2012 5:12 am

Okay - I'm confused... Suspect

Woman strong enough to not fear beauty

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Sun Mar 11, 2012 5:36 am

halfwise wrote:I would ask you to take pity on my man Ferguson. The situation has been sorely trying for him, and he's been run ragged trying to deliver tea and buttered toast whilst being chased by all manner of beasts and irate farmers across the fields.
Suspect
That might explain the stranger the dogs had cornered in the lower 40 yesterday.
{I wonder if he's met the bull yet? Twisted Evil}
David H
David H
Horsemaster, Fighting Bears in the Pacific Northwest

Back to top Go down

Post by Ally Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:58 am

Pretty Tyrant wrote:Mmmm scratch I might just hurt you a bit, just to be on the safe side...
I would; Halfwise is too clever by half... Cool

Ally
Wannabe Beard

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Sun Mar 11, 2012 11:54 am

halfwise wrote:
{{{ Amarie - I thought you said flowers would get me out of trouble. Clearly you didn't explain all the complications to me! }}}

{{{Halfwise, I didn't know you were going to give them to her while Pretty was right there. Shocked More flowers for them both while begging for mercy! The most respectable and platonic ones you can find, try Odo's garden.}}}

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."
-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Sun Mar 11, 2012 1:34 pm

Mirabella: you don't remember this:

The Archet Bugle wrote:DEATH WARRANT ISSUED

Shirriff Mirabella Banks has issued the following proclamation.

"Ye Halfwit of Undercovers in the South Farthing is henceforth stripped of all respectability as ye has proclaimed seditious and ridiculous commentaries recently and hath gone beyond the pale, perfectly so, by harming some poor defenceless Primates! He must be arrested on sight, executed, and then given a fair trial to clear the fame of his memory."

Juding by the archaic legalism of the language, Mirabella means business. And her still in the middle of Bridal Shopping. And to think, I never thought of Halfwise as the Seditious type. Shocked

Lesbo Proudfoot
Editor in Chief
The Archet Bugle

Or was that just an example of sensationalist journalism? Evil or Very Mad

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Sun Mar 11, 2012 1:37 pm

{{{ Amarie: what, you want me to escalate??! That's your solution? Shocked }}}

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Sun Mar 11, 2012 5:01 pm

halfwise wrote:{{{ Amarie: what, you want me to escalate??! That's your solution? Shocked }}}

{{{Yes, Halfwise! Escalate! Very Happy The only place Pretty can't get to you is on the Dark Planet, so you'd better think of something fast. It's not like we have a bet going on how long you would last and the amount of injury you would get or anything.}}}

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."
-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:00 pm

{{{ My mask itches. This is all your fault. I come all the way to cyber space, thinking I'd finally be safe, just to discover the women are still all in league against me. }}}

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:11 pm

{{{All superheroes have their issues, Half-Nigel-wise. Wear a mask and pay the price. And wouldn't it be sad if we girls completely ignored you? }}}

-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:19 pm

I dont want to burst your bubble Halfwise but those Ladies have balls. Twisted Evil

erm do you have a swishy cape and black patent leather thigh high boots to go with that mask? you should you know. pale pale its more superhero-y
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:30 pm

I have no idea what you are implying about my sister Mrs Figg but unless its her violent, vicous, agressive nature you are referring to (which you may wish to ponder on!) then otherwise I don't like the tone of it at all I have to warn you, and if Pretty hears you and takes your comment the wrong way, well I won't be able to help you that's for sure (and if you're really unlucky she will want to prove the matter to you as well, at close quarters!)

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:31 pm

"erm do you have a swishy cape and black patent leather thigh high boots to go with that mask? you should you know. its more superhero-y"

Now you just want me to look silly....

Last edited by halfwise on Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:44 pm; edited 1 time in total

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:36 pm

RUN FOR YOUR LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!so I did and now ive got a stitch. bounce
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:45 pm

I dunno. Some dudes would pay good money for what Pretty may be planning.

halfwise

Back to top Go down