David H
The Wobbit A Parody
Eldorion
Pettytyrant101
halfwise
23 posters

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down

continuing proofs America is wacko - Page 20 Empty Re: continuing proofs America is wacko

Post by Ally Thu May 17, 2012 7:02 pm

Eldorion wrote:I drank a can of Pepsi last night for the caffeine since I was working on a paper and I sometimes drink soda with meals or at parties because I like the taste of it. But I don't drink it every day and I usually drink it from a can, which is a smaller serving size than bottles.

Seriously though: just imagine 313 million of these:

continuing proofs America is wacko - Page 20 ErfLm

Being drunk every single day.

I drink at least one 500ml bottle a day, usually of Diet Coke (I'm addicted) but occasionally Pepsi Max (it's running a marketing campaign undercutting coke with a larger bottle) Razz At one point last year I was drinking near enough one 2L bottle a day. I'd drink most of a bottle in a day, drink the rest the following morning, and repeat. I'm not sure what I'm addicted to, the drink or the caffeine (obviously not the taste- diet coke doesn't have one) but I suffer headaches and extreme bitchiness without it! As a result it's one of the first things you can find in my handbag Laughing

Diet Coke is around £1.29/500ml at my local corner shop so I guess I spend around £40+/month depending on which format I buy it in. Crazy! So it's in my best interests to cut down (plus I know the amount I'm drinking can't be good for me) BUT I CAN'T DAMMIT! DAMN YOU COCA-COLA!!!!

Ally
Wannabe Beard

Back to top Go down

continuing proofs America is wacko - Page 20 Empty Re: continuing proofs America is wacko

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu May 17, 2012 7:17 pm

Just be greateful young Ally they took the actual cocaine out of their coke long ago or it might be a lot worse!

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Thu May 17, 2012 8:32 pm

Grateful? I'd go back in a time machine just to find out what the original coke was like. A chat with Leonardo would be nothing compared to that.

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu May 17, 2012 9:28 pm

I imagine snorting several lines of cocaine folowed by several bags of sugar would have much the same effect!

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Ally Thu May 17, 2012 9:36 pm

I don't need to drink diet coke for that... Nod

Ally
Wannabe Beard

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu May 17, 2012 10:05 pm

Suspect

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Ally Thu May 17, 2012 10:23 pm

Nod

Ally
Wannabe Beard

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu May 17, 2012 10:24 pm

Mad

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Ally Thu May 17, 2012 10:28 pm

Nod (I can carry on doing this all night; well at least until I fall asleep at my desk...which won't happen LOVE YOU DIET COKE!)

Ally
Wannabe Beard

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu May 17, 2012 10:32 pm

Oddly sitting here posting emoticons drikning buckie I am unlikely to be doing this all night!

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Thu May 17, 2012 10:50 pm

I'd imagine the caffeine is the culprit for Ally. It's the cause of coffee addiction which causes similar withdrawal symptoms. Fortunately, they subside after a day or two, so if you're serious about quitting you only have to tough it out for a day or two. Very Happy

{{{Guys, I hope we don't have to stage a diet coke intervention! Shocked}}}
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Thu May 17, 2012 10:51 pm

"In the United States, a Stepan Company plant in Maywood, New Jersey has a license to legally import coca leaf. The company manufactures pure cocaine for medical use and also produces a cocaine-free extract of the coca leaf, which is used as a flavoring ingredient in Coca-Cola. ..... According to the Bolivian press, Coca-Cola legally imported 204 tons of coca leaf in 1996."

I'm guessing if you go to most of South America you'll get pretty close to the old-school recipe. (Easier than going back in time.) Or you can just buy the leaves and chew them.
David H
David H
Horsemaster, Fighting Bears in the Pacific Northwest

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Thu May 17, 2012 11:03 pm

Oh, I chewed coca leaf in Peru. I've had kola nut in Africa. But bringing them together....that's the genius of it.

I only have a taste of coca cola about every couple of months, if I must drink this type of thing I typically go for the clear stuff, about once a week. It really is the worst offender in the American diet, and it must be stopped.

Hence the fascination. I'd go back to meet Al Capone too. Historical crime is just irresistible. Twisted Evil

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Thu May 17, 2012 11:10 pm

Ally, try a paracetemol or two for a few days to cope, and the headaches will disappear. Cut down on sugar too - helps with weight. Walk every day. Worked for me a whiles back. No headaches, full of vim and vigour. It works. (Sadly, I've fallen off the wagon). Coke and Pepsi are actually poisons.

Orwell
Dark Presence with Gilt Edge

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu May 17, 2012 11:12 pm

What about Irn Bru? Its ok, isn't it?! pale Thats my hangover cure.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Ally Thu May 17, 2012 11:31 pm

Eldorion wrote:I'd imagine the caffeine is the culprit for Ally. It's the cause of coffee addiction which causes similar withdrawal symptoms. Fortunately, they subside after a day or two, so if you're serious about quitting you only have to tough it out for a day or two. Very Happy

{{{Guys, I hope we don't have to stage a diet coke intervention! Shocked}}}

Maybe I'll move on to Diet Coke Caffeine Free (slightly more expensive and only comes in larger bottles, which ofc has the massive downside of not being handbag friendly, which I guess is good/bad) then! Then slowly wean myself off that!

(((This is NEVER going to happen)))

Very Happy

ORWELL! ARE YOU SAYING I HAVE A WEIGHT PROBLEM?! Extremely Crabbit

But no seriously, that wouldn't work for a few reasons a) I'm addicted to browsing the internet late at night b) I don't get enough sleep (see a) c) I'm an occasional migraine sufferer, so I'd be getting headaches anyway! And not drinking diet coke! You know?!

Ally
Wannabe Beard

Back to top Go down

Post by Ally Thu May 17, 2012 11:34 pm

Orwell wrote:Ally, try a paracetemol or two for a few days to cope, and the headaches will disappear. Cut down on sugar too - helps with weight. Walk every day. Worked for me a whiles back. No headaches, full of vim and vigour. It works. (Sadly, I've fallen off the wagon). Coke and Pepsi are actually poisons.

Please don't talk like that. Crying or Very sad It'll make me feel bad when I drink it tomorrow morning (already counting down the hours Very Happy) let's just all say nice things about Coke and Pepsi! Hooray for Coke and Pepsi! I love you I love you

Ally
Wannabe Beard

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Fri May 18, 2012 12:25 am

Obesity, diabetes, tooth rot (gut rot), anxiety, depression.. Hooray for Coca Cola and Pepsi! cheers

Edit: err.... and migraines...

Last edited by Orwell on Fri May 18, 2012 1:49 am; edited 1 time in total

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Fri May 18, 2012 1:31 am

Switch to beer. It's healthier and will help with the sleep problem. Better yet, depending on your age and where you're located, it may even be illegal! cheers

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Fri May 18, 2012 1:50 am

halfwise wrote:Switch to beer. It's healthier and will help with the sleep problem. Better yet, depending on your age and where you're located, it may even be illegal! cheers

Beer wakes me up! Rolling Eyes But spirits deaden my brain! cheers

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Fri May 18, 2012 5:22 pm

Beer/Lager makes me giggle but wine makes me woozy/sleepy, and spirits make me depressed, so its a Lager and lime for me please at the picnic, oooh how common of me! Rolling Eyes
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Fri May 18, 2012 6:38 pm

I hear beer is good for erm... your hair.
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ally Sat May 19, 2012 12:32 am

Generally, I dislike beer, though there are a few sweet, light & fruity ones that I have tried and enjoyed. I generally only drink diet coke nowadays anyway; getting wasted on cheap ciders back in secondary school kinda made me realize I'm not a very nice person under the influence Razz

Ally
Wannabe Beard

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Sat May 19, 2012 12:36 am

No man likes a Nice girl, Ally - just Good girls! Very Happy

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Ally Sat May 19, 2012 12:43 am

Orwell wrote:No man likes a Nice girl, Ally - just Good girls! Very Happy

No man likes me. Full stop!

Ally
Wannabe Beard

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next