Eldorion
Pettytyrant101
Orwell
Norc
Amarië
17 posters

Page 36 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

Fjordlandia Viking bar & kaffistove, main str. 221B, Needlehole - Page 36 Empty Re: Fjordlandia Viking bar & kaffistove, main str. 221B, Needlehole

Post by Bluebottle Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:39 pm

Into the regale actually.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Regal_%28instrument%29

It's not used that much in Poppea, only twice I think. Though I did it in Orpheo as well were it's used a lot more.

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Fjordlandia Viking bar & kaffistove, main str. 221B, Needlehole - Page 36 Empty Re: Fjordlandia Viking bar & kaffistove, main str. 221B, Needlehole

Post by Norc Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:45 pm

what a silly job Rolling Eyes
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:47 pm

Yeah, I know. Though it was very well paid. Very Happy 

(And I got to sit in the middle of an orchestra with some of the best barouque musicians in the world, so I didn't really mind.)

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:50 pm

Ooo....somebody else into early music. I used to do quite a bit of it not long ago. Never heard of an organ in Montiverdi, but he was into rather large ensembles so I can see it.

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:54 pm

barouq music is great Very Happy although.. the viola pieces tend to be.. less interesting.. sometimes. not always.
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:58 pm

Having sat through quite a lot of it I have to say there's really som wonderfull pieces of music in Monteverdi, and a barouque orchestra really has it's own special sound.

Not so sure about the viola but there are some wonderfull violin parts in Poppea. Smile 

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:04 am

yeah, i guess i have to sit down and listen to it Smile although i much prefer to see it live Smile 
the hebrids or whatever it is called has some really i mean really good viola parts. (they are the ones starting with the melody) this is also the one the russians we played with played this weekend. it's way better live. also there were noe flutes and stuff, just string chamber orchestra and this crazy good double bass.
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:15 am

Norc wrote:
i was at solidarity-concert for the Philippines (is that spelled right? scratch) the newspaper wasn't late  with putting up a vid Smile makes our storm seem irrelevant...
http://www.itromso.no/video/article8650643.ece
but i want to bring this back to topic.. (norcing wohoo) . i just feel this storm talk is a bit stupid now, when thinking about the philippines. also.. the concert was magical Smile take a look at the vid Smile
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:18 am

Nice.

I t is rather long though probably a quite interesting watch.

The direction is actually surprisingly modern, I kind of got a shock when I sat down to look at it as I had sat with my back to the stage through the entier run.

It's quite interesting musically as well as there are gaps in the surviving notations where he put in his own ideas. Like a jazz inspired section. Though he didn't get to far when asking one of the norwegian classical musicians if he could put some jazz soloing on top of it. Laughing 

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:18 am

Norc wrote:
Norc wrote:
i was at solidarity-concert for the Philippines (is that spelled right? scratch) the newspaper wasn't late  with putting up a vid Smile makes our storm seem irrelevant...
http://www.itromso.no/video/article8650643.ece
but i want to bring this back to topic.. (norcing wohoo) . i just feel this storm talk is a bit stupid now, when thinking about the philippines. also.. the concert was magical Smile take a look at the vid Smile
I know what you mean. No comparison.

I will. Smile 

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:22 am

Bluebottle wrote:

It's quite interesting musically as well as there are gaps in the surviving notations where he put in his own ideas. Like a jazz inspired section. Though he didn't get to far when asking one of the norwegian classical musicians if he could put some jazz soloing on top of it. Laughing 
i can imagine Laughing that's one of two insults towards a classical musician. "are you playing jazz" and "spiller vi korpsmusikk, eller?"
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:27 am

Yeah, I know what you mean.

I think a lot of it was down to him playing this unvieldy barouque trombone or something. Laughing  The thing was hard enough to play in tune on the classic bits. And these were seasoned musicians.

The jazz inspired part actually turned out really beautifully.

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:36 am

Concert looks nice, Nod  though the video wasn't very long.

Det er jo flott at de kan få til noe sånt for en så god sak på så kort tid. Smile 

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Tue Nov 19, 2013 1:55 am

Bluebottle wrote:
I think a lot of it was down to him playing this unvieldy barouque trombone or something. Laughing  The thing was hard enough to play in tune on the classic bits. And these were seasoned musicians.

Montiverdi is right on the boundary between Baroque and Renaissance. The trombone thing you are talking about may have been a sackbutt - I used to play it. Very unstable instrument, a lot depends on control with your lips.

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Tue Nov 19, 2013 6:59 am

Bluebottle wrote:Concert looks nice, Nod  though the video wasn't very long.

Det er jo flott at de kan få til noe sånt for en så god sak på så kort tid. Smile 
yepp ^^ it was really great Very Happy

Sackbutt Laughing
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:50 am

halfwise wrote:
Montiverdi is right on the boundary between Baroque and Renaissance.  The trombone thing you are talking about may have been a sackbutt - I used to play it.  Very unstable instrument, a lot depends on control with your lips.
That's probaly it Halfwise.

Now imagine beeing asked to play a jazz solo on it by a barouque orchestra conducter. Nod 

Yes, I remember him struggling with it. And this was a classical trombonist of very competent norwegian orchestra over 50.

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:59 am

Norc wrote:u pumped air into the organ? ........................................................ . ... .  .......... ..         .............................. that's as interesting as the cello part for pachelbel's canon in D and as important as a sordin in a symphony orchestra..
Oi! Now I just realised this was not very flattering. Mad 

(Very Happy Laughing )

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:26 am

that took some time Trollface
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:36 am

Yeah, please note all classical musical references goes straight over my head.

Det ville vært som at jeg sa: "Ja, det oppfyller kravene til åndsverk. Rolling Eyes "

I did find it very funny though. Smile 

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:50 am

åndsverk... well.. sure.. Shrugging
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:12 pm

Well an artwork would have to live up to certain requierments to be a åndsverk and give the artist rights after Åndsverksloven. So might be a bit rude to say to an aspiring artist. Wink 

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:20 pm

Suspect okeeeeei....
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:23 pm

Well, we were talking about insults that go over peoples head. Shrugging 

So take that as an example of something I would certainly not say to you. Nod

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:24 pm

yes. Nod
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:26 am

I saw your mayor was at the concert Norc.

He's from Oslo isn't he?

I would be interested to know what you think of him. Because from what I've seen of him he not only strikes me as being very from Oslo, but very from Oslo West.

(Not that I think you would dislike him just because of that, just interested to know how he's seen in Tromsø.)

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Page 36 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next