Gandalf's Beard
Ringdrotten
Ally
Pettytyrant101
Eldorion
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Saoirse Ronan is NOT signed on (yet) - Page 2 Empty Re: Saoirse Ronan is NOT signed on (yet)

Post by Gandalf's Beard Tue Feb 15, 2011 6:48 am

Jolly good, and quick off the mark. You shifted things over before I was finished with my post on the BBST thread. Very Happy

And it all fits together so neatly. You don't know what a big relief it is to have a few more Mods around. It was a lot of work before.

GB
Gandalf's Beard
Gandalf's Beard
Emeritus

Location : In the Headmaster's office at Hogwarts having tea with Dumbledore, Merlin, and Obi Wan Kenobi

Back to top Go down

Saoirse Ronan is NOT signed on (yet) - Page 2 Empty Re: Saoirse Ronan is NOT signed on (yet)

Post by Eldorion Tue Feb 15, 2011 6:50 am

Here to help! Very Happy
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Kafria Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:43 pm

Not strictly about Itaril, but some speculation that will rise the crabbitmeisters meter reading no doubt, and still no formal confromation on Itaril!!http://www.theonering.net/torwp/2011/04/12/43450-film-only-characters-in-the-hobbit/#more-43450

'A novel is a long piece of prose with ,in the eyes of the author at least, something wrong with it - Neil Gaiman, intro to American gods
Kafria
Kafria
Lady of Dale

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:48 pm

I need an explosion emoticon for times like this!!!!!!! Evil or Very Mad cherry

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:56 pm

http://www-images.theonering.org/torwp/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/itarilcomic-268x300.jpg

Didn't GB write a fanfiction about this? Laughing
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Kafria Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:01 am

Yeah! - made me smile when I saw the image! Very Happy

'A novel is a long piece of prose with ,in the eyes of the author at least, something wrong with it - Neil Gaiman, intro to American gods
Kafria
Kafria
Lady of Dale

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinuviel Wed Apr 13, 2011 1:57 am

Right! And what a fanfic it was!!!!!
ANd the point brought up by TORn isn't very valid. The peasant family from Rohan weren't major characters at all, not like Itaril is being made out to be. They were just there to show the living conditions in Rohan at the present time. Itaril's there to branch off of the plot and possibly overshadow the importance of the story.

Saoirse Ronan is NOT signed on (yet) - Page 2 Tumblr_ndsrspapRL1qlqsnio3_500
Tinuviel
Tinuviel
Finest Nose

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Wed Apr 13, 2011 2:14 am

I agree, Tin, and I think you make an excellent point. Smile Some of what they said struck me as odd, given that it contradicts the only details we know about Itaril. But it's not uncommon for them to make up speculation out of whole cloth and put into their "news" reporting.
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Fri Jan 31, 2014 12:00 am

I believe Itaril will be a beautiful elf and love interest for Kili (or Fili?) I'm not sure that would be paying proper respect to Tolkien if they did. The only sexual relationshps between mortals and elves were Luthien and Beren and Aragorn and Arwen (there might have been one more). And the sexual relationship between Legolas and Gimli is purely speculation. I know of no confirmed dwarvish-elvish sexual relationships. And if they do have a relationshp of that kind in The Desolation of Smaug, where will lead? Will Kili (or Fili?) still be killed? Will Itaril and Fili (or Kili?) die in a poignant scene together? I think the whole idea serves up all sorts of problems if you are a committed Tolkien fan, Eldo and Tin. Just saying.  Shrugging

Orwell
Dark Presence with Gilt Edge

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum