Pettytyrant101
Orwell
Lorient Avandi
27 posters

Page 9 of 16 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 12 ... 16  Next

Go down

Homosexuality - Page 9 Empty Re: Homosexuality

Post by Eldorion Sat Sep 10, 2011 12:31 am

The Simpsons and Family Guy both stopped coming out with new material that was actually funny a long time ago, though for different reasons. Razz
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Sat Sep 10, 2011 12:49 am

Shouldn't this be in the OFF TOPIC section? This Thread has certainly descended into the realms of nonsense... It's certainly not a place to have a serious discussion on a contentious and serious subject anymore. The Mods in Forumshire are useless. Rolling Eyes

Orwell
Dark Presence with Gilt Edge

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sat Sep 10, 2011 2:06 am

Say it with me, Orwell: "Free Spirits". Very Happy Wink cheers
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Sat Sep 10, 2011 2:50 am

That may be okay for the likes of me, you know, freedom with responsibilty and all, but surely we should not be handing out Freedom to just every Tom, Dick, Petty and Amarie! Where has common sense gone.... I don't know... Rolling Eyes

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Wed Dec 07, 2011 5:10 am

With Lorient back I just can't resist pouring some more fuel on the fire. Twisted Evil

Huffington Post

Huffington Post wrote:Obama Administration To Consider Gay Rights When Allocating Foreign Aid

WASHINGTON — The Obama administration is announcing a wide-ranging effort to use U.S. foreign aid to promote rights for gays and lesbians abroad, including combating attempts by foreign governments to criminalize homosexuality.

In a memorandum issued Tuesday, President Barack Obama directed U.S. agencies working abroad, including the State Department and the U.S. Agency for International Development, to use foreign aid to assist gays and lesbians who are facing human rights violations. And he ordered U.S. agencies to protect vulnerable gay and lesbian refugees and asylum seekers.

"The struggle to end discrimination against lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender persons is a global challenge, and one that is central to the United States' commitment to promoting human rights," Obama said in a statement.

Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton is also expected to speak about the announcements in Geneva later Tuesday.

The White House said Tuesday's announcement marked the first U.S. government strategy to combat human rights abuses against gays and lesbians abroad.

The order also directs U.S. government agencies to use foreign assistance to protect human rights and advance non-discrimination, and work with international organizations to fight discrimination against gays and lesbians.

Obama's announcement is part of the White House's outreach to gays and lesbians, a core Democratic constituency. Since taking office, Obama has advocated for the repeal of the military's ban on openly gay service members and ordered the administration to stop enforcing a law defining marriage as between one man and one woman.

However, Obama has stopped short of backing gay marriage, saying only that his personal views on the matter are evolving.

Gay rights groups praised the order as a significant step for ensuring that gays and lesbians are treated equally around the world.

"Today's actions by President Obama make clear that the United States will not turn a blind eye when governments commit or allow abuses to the human rights of LGBT people," said Joe Solmonese, president of the Human Rights Campaign, a gay advocacy organization.

The presidential directive applies to all U.S. agencies involved in foreign aid, assistance and development, including the Departments of States, the Treasury, Defense and Homeland Security.
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Wed Dec 07, 2011 5:18 am

Also, in case I haven't done enough in the elections thread to express my displeasure with the current crop of GOP candidates, here is former front-runner Rick Perry's response to the news that the US is (somewhat hypocritically, probably for crass political reasons, but hopefully in the end having a positive impact on the situation of gay people in dangerous situations around the world) trying to prevent human rights abuses against homosexuals.

ThinkProgress

ThinkProgress wrote:Rick Perry Issues Nasty Statement Condemning Obama’s Push To Protect LGBT Human Rights

Rick Perry has condemned the Obama administration’s announcement that it will prioritize LGBT rights in its foreign policy, writing, “Just when you thought Barack Obama couldn’t get any more out of touch with America’s values, AP reports his administration wants to make foreign aid decisions based on gay rights“:

“This administration’s war on traditional American values must stop.

“I have proposed a foreign aid budget that starts at zero. From that zero baseline, we will consider aid requests based solely on America’s national security interests.

“But there is a troubling trend here beyond the national security nonsense inherent in this silly idea. This is just the most recent example of an administration at war with people of faith in this country. Investing tax dollars promoting a lifestyle many Americas of faith find so deeply objectionable is wrong.

“President Obama has again mistaken America’s tolerance for different lifestyles with an endorsement of those lifestyles. I will not make that mistake.”

Of course, the United States isn’t attacking people of faith. Rather, it is promising to pursue and protect universal human rights — which, as Secretary of State Hillary Clinton pointed out in a speech today, include the rights of gay, lesbian, bisexual, and transgender peoples. “[R]eligious belief and practice is a vital source of meaning and identity and fundamental to who we are as people and likewise for most of us the bonds of love and family that we forge are also vital sources of meaning and identity and caring for others is an expression of what it means to be fully human,” she said. “It is because the human experience is universal that Human Rights are universal and cut across all religions and cultures.”

Emphasis added by me. Also, never-been-a-front-runner Rick "Ass Juice" Santorum has also jumped in to share his Dark Age thoughts on this matter.

ThinkProgress wrote:UPDATE: Rick Santorum has joined Perry in condemning Obama’s efforts:

I would suggest that we give out humanitarian aid based on humanitarian need, not based on whether people are promoting their particular agenda. Obviously the administration is promoting their particular agenda in this country, and now they feel its their obligation to promote those values not just in the military, not just in our society, but now around the world with taxpayer dollars.

He said he’s for traditional marriage, and now he’s promoting gay lifestyles and gay rights, and he’s fighting against traditional marriage within the courts, and I think he needs to be honest.

Yes, how dare the Obama Administration want to protect the lives and safety of a persecuted group of individuals? Clearly this has absolutely nothing to do with humanitarian crises. Liberty and justice for all, right?
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Wed Dec 07, 2011 6:34 am

America telling other countries what they should do. Sometimes you're agin it Eldo, sometimes you're forrit... America the Great Humanist or America the Great Imperialist. Mmm... some seem to like it both ways. Suspect (Not suggesting you're bi though, Eldo! Very Happy ).

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:02 am

The UK has the same policy Eldo, and that is under the right-wing Tory party. Main difference between here and America is when it was announcd everyone said,"yeah, that sounds fair enough to us.' And that was it, there's been no fuss at all over it. And why should there be, its long been accepted that human rights records be taken into account for foreign aid, treatment of homosexuality falls under that heading.

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by janesmith Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:23 am

I'm personally in favour of certain kinds of homosexuality - so long it's kept secret, kept safe. Wink
janesmith
janesmith
Mother Superior: Our Lady of the Anklelength Frock

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Wed Dec 07, 2011 5:03 pm

I fully agree with you, Petty, but the value of human rights for the inhabitants other countries is far from universally accepted in America, especially when those people are gay. Blame it on racism, xenophobia, ethnocentrism ... I'm not sure, but it's horrible.
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:38 pm

Let's not beat about the bush Eldo's its God's fault. He hates the gays, His followers therefore hate the gays. America is full of God-botheres of the more extreme/devout type therefore they hate the gays. The gay-haters vote Republican. Ergo the Republican policy is to hate the gays. And if they get in power it becomes US policy to hate the gays.

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:00 pm

And in perfect counter balamce, Gays hate heterosexuals. Yin and yang, guys, yin and yang. Very Happy

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Lorient Avandi Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:45 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:Let's not beat about the bush Eldo's its God's fault. He hates the gays, His followers therefore hate the gays. America is full of God-botheres of the more extreme/devout type therefore they hate the gays. The gay-haters vote Republican. Ergo the Republican policy is to hate the gays. And if they get in power it becomes US policy to hate the gays.
Not true, not a hate for the people, a hate for the practice. Very Happy
Lorient Avandi
Lorient Avandi
Wizard of Magicland

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:47 pm

Geez, Lorient, the way you talk about gays, it makes me wonder what they ever did to you or your God. Rolling Eyes
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:49 pm

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere in the Old Testament that God hates homosexuality. Also Saint Paul was against it. I rest my case. Sounds like the work of the Devil to me, Eldo, this Gay-loving of yours.

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:52 pm

I just don't get how you can hate what someone else does with their life. Why bother? What does it matter to you?
They are not going to come round and try to make you or members of your family gay or something- I just don't see whats to hate.
There's hetrosexuals who can only turned on by rubber gloves, or having an orange taped in their mouth, or mud, or any number of odd things, sex is weird and mixed up and can also be fun and playful as well as for reproduction- if there is a God He made it that way, in all its varieties including those who are homosexual. Why pick their sexual preference out of all those available to condemn?

Razz Orwell.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:57 pm

I've been checking out my Bible. Trying to put some "research" into this discussion. Do you realize, guys, that I couild find no proscriptions against Lesbianism. You know, I always felt in my heart that Lesbianism was Natural (providing it was between two consenting honey-pies). Gays though: well, God (and Saul-Paul) Hates that. It's written!

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Lorient Avandi Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:59 pm

Sodom and Gomorrah Orwell. Their sin was homosexuality as a whole, for which they were destroyed
Lorient Avandi
Lorient Avandi
Wizard of Magicland

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:00 pm

Hell's bells! I've really lost touch with the Old Testamet! I'd completely forgotten that ceratin kinds of moss is "unclean" and God hates people who eat lobsters!

Last edited by Orwell on Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:01 pm; edited 1 time in total

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:01 pm

Lorient Avandi wrote:Sodom and Gomorrah Orwell. Their sin was homosexuality as a whole, for which they were destroyed

Debateable point, Lorient. Debateable. And I'm sure we will. Very Happy

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:05 pm

Lorient Avandi wrote:Sodom and Gomorrah Orwell. Their sin was homosexuality as a whole, for which they were destroyed

Were all of the little children of Sodom and Gomorrah also dirty homos who deserved to die in horrible fashion? Homosexuality - Page 9 Wanker
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:06 pm

On a bit of a tnagent sparked by Soddom et al- whats your lots view on angels and watchers Lorient? As the angels/watchers in that stroy have very physical needs.

Good point Eldo, and all the cats and dogs and the domesticated livestock that were depenent on the humans.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Lorient Avandi Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:06 pm

Nobody said those other practices were right either Petty. Shrugging

Wizard of Magicland

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:07 pm

Point is nobody is standing up running for office talking about them either Lorient, the way they do homosexuality- why it?

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:08 pm

study Oh here it is ---

Leviticus 14.35-36 (Good News Bible): "Anyone who finds mildew in his house must go and tell the priest about it. The priest shall order everything to be moved out of the house before he goes to examine the mildew; otherwise everything in the house will be declared unclean."

Dear Lord! I'm off to find a Priest! Shocked

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 16 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 12 ... 16  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum