Laughing
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

All New Who - Page 7 Empty Re: All New Who

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Feb 21, 2020 1:14 am

{{ An often underrated companion- Martha Jones-

And only 1 series and a reappereance in the following series finale- less time onscreen than the 'Fam'. Hard to believe isn't it? Mad }}

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Fri Feb 21, 2020 4:52 pm

the drop in quality is mind-boggling. No
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Feb 26, 2020 1:59 pm

{{ Was going to review the first part of the finale but as it was really nearly all setting up stuff for part 2 and largely consisted of exposition/move somewhere/exposition/move somewhere/exposition/move somewhere/surprise reveal! there wasnt a whole lot to it when you boiled it down.
So going to wait to see how bad the resolution to it is before I review it. }}

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Nagual Sun Mar 01, 2020 8:09 pm

Exposition is really really really pissing me off. Well, actually that's a lie. My disinterest in Dr Who is now complete.
Nagual
Nagual
Ringwinner

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sun Mar 01, 2020 10:10 pm

yep me too. I haven't bothered watching the last three episodes.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Sun Mar 01, 2020 10:14 pm

That's the most Who-ish Chibbers episode yet!

So... Hopefully just one more season and Chibbers is replaced?
I was not happy during Moffats run, but at least I felt something.

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."
-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Mar 02, 2020 4:55 pm

{{ Finally got a night off and slept enough to remember my name- 'drunken crabbit bastard' (sure thats it, its what folk keep calling me) and was thinking I should really watch this finale see if its as wretched as rest of this series, when Nagual messages me to say he is thinking of popping by.
So I warned him as I knew he had seen it last night that if he came now he would have to watch it again.
His response was-

'oh, I think I want to see your reaction live. That might be entertaining.'

Suspect Why do I get the feeling my crabbit is about to get a lengthy run out this week!! Mad }}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Mon Mar 02, 2020 5:07 pm

Oh to be a fly on the wall...

Live stream at Discord? Laughing

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."
-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Mon Mar 02, 2020 5:15 pm

I didn't watch the finale, but I have read various reviews and all the spoilers.

Rest assured Petty, you will indeed absolutely positively hate it and explode in a glorious bout of crabbit rage.

Razz Nod

And as for myself, having found out what happens in this finale episode, I can say that I definitely don't intend to ever watch a single episode as long as Chinballs and Shittaker are still involved.

Well, that was worth the wait wasn't it  Suspect

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Mon Mar 02, 2020 5:44 pm

Chinballs and Shittaker Smile I love the nick names thought up on here Smile

All New Who - Page 7 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

All New Who - Page 7 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Mon Mar 02, 2020 6:13 pm

bounce  cant wait for the crabbit
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Mon Mar 02, 2020 10:10 pm

http://www.eruditorumpress.com/blog/the-timeless-child-review/

https://www.radiotimes.com/news/tv/2020-03-02/doctor-who-the-timeless-children-review/

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Mar 02, 2020 11:15 pm

{{ A review will follow, once I think Ive consumed suffcient buckie to get over it to be crabbitly coherent. }}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Mar 03, 2020 11:35 am

{{
Spoiler:

Soul-destroyingly destructive and awful. 0 out of 10. You cant get drunk enough to justify any of this rubbish. }}}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Tue Mar 03, 2020 2:53 pm

I have timey-wimey wiped the Chibbers episodes from my memory. As far as I am concerned its not Doctor Who, its just a badly acted parody version with the same name. if you ignore Chibbers dire contribution it wll be relatively easy to wait for the real Doctor Who to begin once he is given the boot for destroying it. Its a long wait, but there is no alternative. I am going to ignore any lore he has fucked with as if it hasn't happened, and I am pretty sure this fake Jodie Doctor is just a badly acted cosplay person filling in the time. As for the woke-diversity quotas, sooner or later it will lose its grip once the heads at the BBC realise it is losing them 80% of the audience.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Tue Mar 03, 2020 4:20 pm

Im just astonished how ANY of this was ever thought of as "Dr Who" worthy. Its like the whole of the BBC were kidnapped by invading Greeks or fishermen from Portugal & replaced with the toothless fishing net makers you see in the doorways of their simple abodes. Did not ONE person speak up & admit this is the worst case of Diarrhea of any program in all the known history of Television, whether here OR abroad ?? I must now commend Eurovision as supreme Classical music
or those daft Japanese torture Game shows as definitive high brow entertainment after this. Everyone received a wage, a salary for this !!
Id die on the spot. Never in my life would I ever admit to working on the biggest pile of elephant dung. Someone thought it was good enough to be acted on, actors, ( I say that loosely ) found & paid, costumes made, rehearsals held, and THAT is our evenings entertainment ?? What drugs are they sniffing ?? I knew the second it was released that a woman was to play the Dr it was going to be the worst decision in the whole world. My cat has vomited up better stuff than this ! Dr Who I feel needs a break, a good one. In that time really search for quality over quantity & for fucks sake get it right !! Die hard fans will still love Dr Who & will come back IF the writing suits, IF the characters suit, IF the stories are right for what this program is. I look forward to the day it all comes together. ---- and breathe------

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Tue Mar 03, 2020 4:27 pm

"My cat has vomited up better stuff than this !"

catlol!
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Tue Mar 03, 2020 5:17 pm

A female Doctor is no problem, it could be quite interesting (and who does not wonder what DoctorDonna could have been?) if done right. But this is not right.

-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Tue Mar 03, 2020 5:49 pm

Yep, think of Helen Mirren with good writing. It could have been fantastic.

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Tue Mar 03, 2020 6:56 pm

This made me feel down in the dumps ------

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/entertainment/tv/bradley-walsh-quits-doctor-who-after-filming-this-years-christmas-special/ar-BB10EmuA?ocid=spartanntp

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Tue Mar 03, 2020 8:20 pm

I haven't watch the finale episode (and certainly have no desire to) after reading all the spoilers I feel more sure than ever I will never watch nor enjoy the shittaker and chinball era, but I think Petty has forgotten one important point-I've read that in the episode the Ruth Doctor makes a very on the nose point that ultimately this secret history doesn't fundamentally change who the Doctor is as a person(which I very much disagree with), if that is the case, what exactly was the point in creating such a clusterf*ck of epic bullshit as this new unnecessary backstory?

For all the self indulgent waffle RTD and Moffat wrote at times, at least then you got a sense of a writer with a clear love of the series and a very clear direction in which they wanted to take the show, but crucially they were never arrogant enough to complete rewrite the history of the series without even thinking about the consequences. Doctor Who thrives on change yes, but change within certain parameters that respect the history of the show.

Here it just feels like Chibnall rewrote the history of the show because he couldn't think of anything interesting to do with it, and sorry but blowing up Gallifrey again already after we spent 10 whole series dwelling on its loss, lazy and derivative.

F*ck me, honestly I think this in infinite times worse than The Hobbit films at their most excessive and bloated-at least then I could respect Jackson's talent and hard work, and we could separate the adaptation from the source material.

Not sure how I can rewatch the old episodes anymore-how exactly can you buy into the growth and journey of the First Doctor, if he has already gone through that process hundreds of times before.

malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Mar 04, 2020 12:26 am

A female Doctor is no problem- Amarie

{{In that one sentence you present the problem and the solution. The problem is that's exactly how they have treated the Doctor first and foremost- as the female Doctor. What they should have done is to treat her as the Doctor who happens to now be female. Its a subtle difference but a crucial one.

This made me feel down in the dumps ------- Azriel

Whilst it means they are getting rid of the best actor in Walsh, his character did not have a lot of course to run, he has largely this series been reduced to old man quips and little else. He can give a good heart felt speech, but hes had only one or two opportunities to do so.
Yaz however is staying, incredibly. But assuming they were to stick with a single companion they would at least be forced to give her a personality finally and some character. And maybe with 1 companion Jodies Doctor can show some actual real emotional connection with a companion. But probably not, Chibbers will probably just recruit another couple of ethinically diverse gormless cretins to stand in a row and ask questions and nothing will change.

I' think Petty has forgotten one important point-I've read that in the episode the Ruth Doctor makes a very on the nose point that ultimately this secret history doesn't fundamentally change who the Doctor is as a person(which I very much disagree with), if that is the case, what exactly was the point in creating such a clusterf*ck of epic bullshit as this new unnecessary backstory?'

It happens in the pep talk scene in the Matrix Ruth appears in I mentioned, I didnt mention that specific thing because like you I feel its irrelevant to the fact it so obviously does change how we see the Doctor, fundementally. The Doctor is no longer a High Born Gallifreyean who for reasons unknown tired of Time Lord society and with his grand-daughter went on the run exiled from his own planet, and through interactions with humans came to find a purpose and drive in his life which led him to fighting evil wherever he encountered it.
Instead what we now have is an orphaned space baby, not Gallifreyean but of unknown origins and powers from another universe who was found, taken to Gallifrey tortured for their regeneration abilities, enlisted into a secret police force, became the Doctor, did Doctory sort of things only for Gallifrey until goin grogue as Ruth Doctor (I think), then had all those memories wiped for some reason, and was regenrated into a child again as the 1st Doctor. Who isnt learning from his experiences with humans and changing to become the Doctor we know, but is simply relearning how to be the Doctor they have already been for generations untold before. Thats a huge shift in the development of the 1st Doctor in terms of focus, from interaction with humans giving him a moral compass, to he would have gone that way anyway given time as thats who he has always been lost memories or not.

The whole point to the Master, the purpose in his creation as a character by the original writers of the 3rd Doctor era was to create an equal to the Doctor, a rival Time Lord, a Moriarty to his Holmes, as brillaint but evil. Now they are no longer equals, the balance is completely shifted and the Doctor is something far more than the Master can ever be. So thats fucked too.

So the fact Ruth Doctor says it doesnt change anything is sort of nonsensical when youve just changed everything fundemantal to who the character was before. I never mentioned it as it didnt seem true to me. Just trying to paper over the contentious cracks in the lore and all the new contradictions it creates he has made by stomping over most of it.
I mean he doesn teven seem to have thought through reallyt basic things- such as if the Doctor is an alien from some other universe who was taken to Gallifrey why does he have the same biology as every other Gallifreyean icluding two hearts? And presumably he could breed with the natives as hehas a granddaughter. Its just a mess.

'For all the self indulgent waffle RTD and Moffat wrote at times, at least then you got a sense of a writer with a clear love of the series and a very clear direction'

RTD did the most to change the Lore by having the Time War remove Gallifrey and the Time Lords- but he had a very clear purpose in mind in doing so in terms of the Doctor and how it would shape the character for him and as story seeds, and he brought them all back by end of series two anyway.
Moffat got accused more of altering lore but in actual fact he never altered anything, he added more layers of mystery to it, but it changed nothing that had preceded it.
But this, as you say, this just shits on the shows history, and for me to a degree on Hartnell as the first, the orginal you might say (how hollow those lines now will seem every time I hear them, thanks Chibbers you utter cunt! Evil or Very Mad ).

'it just feels like Chibnall rewrote the history of the show because he couldn't think of anything interesting to do with it'

Couldnt agree more. Its beyond lazy writing, its pitiful and needlessly destructive of the past and of something people love. Evil or Very Mad }}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Wed Mar 04, 2020 11:22 am

Walsh was too good for this. According to the mental health issue err episode, his arc seemed to be about grief and discovering that travelling had helped him. Actually, all three companions had some closure- like stuff happening, and it was the perfect time for them to say "we're ok now, we have stuff to do, we've grown, we can stay behind on earth, but do stop by for tea anytime!" But no, cause that would have made sense and we can't have that.

Not sure where I was going with this. Maybe that it did make (sorta) sense story-wise to leave and a lot of sense for him as an actor to leave.

-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Wed Mar 04, 2020 1:59 pm

azriel wrote:This made me feel down in the dumps ------

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/entertainment/tv/bradley-walsh-quits-doctor-who-after-filming-this-years-christmas-special/ar-BB10EmuA?ocid=spartanntp

He has made a wise decision, it was bad for his career and he is so much better than that rubbish.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum