azriel
Amarië
Mrs Figg
12 posters

Page 11 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next

Go down

All New Who - Page 11 Empty Re: All New Who

Post by Mrs Figg Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:27 pm

EOLO is Italian, I think its the satellite antenna thingie, its popular because of the lack of wifi coverage. I know where I live there are leopard spot areas where there is no reception for wifi and then down the road they have it, so even if you buy the wifi box it wont function. the dongle can be used anywhere because its a mobile phone connection as somebody said.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:20 pm

I haven't watched the episode yet, but you guys aren't exactly doing a good job of persuading me to Neutral Laughing sounds much like I expected from Chibnall.

Glad Jodie's been well received, I've long been in favour of a female Doctor and she's a great actress.

Well, that was worth the wait wasn't it  Suspect

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:47 pm

I was in a pretty good mood just now, and then Petty reminded me about River Song surviving the Nazi's bullets. GAAAAH, I hated that episode.-Forest

{{Really? Its one of my go to episodes for when I want Who that's just fun, and over the top and will make me smile.
Its like Moffat took my two favourite childhood comics, Commando and Dandy and combined them with Who.
So we have Nazi's and Hitler, and we have the Nubskulls in the Tesselector!
Its a solid scifi core- time travelling humans shrunk down inside a shape-shifting robot, who travel back in time to meet out punishment to those who historically escaped justice.
Its got some classic dialogue in it that always raises a smile with me, and thats not easy!

RORY: Right. Putting Hitler in the cupboard. Cupboard, Hitler. Hitler, cupboard. Come on.
HITLER: But I am the Fuhrer!
RORY: Right, in you go!
HITLER: Who are you?

RORY: Is anybody else finding today just a bit difficult? I'm getting a sort of banging in my head.
AMY: Yeah, I think that's Hitler in the cupboard.
RORY: That's not helping.

or

[size=13]RORY: Come on!
AMY: Can you ride a motorbike?
RORY: I expect so. It's that sort of day.
[/size]

[size=13]Its just full of lovely little lines like that,its a fun story with a rogue early River trying to kill the Doctor, nice dialogue there too-[/size]

[size=13][size=13]DOCTOR: What have you done?
RIVER: It was never going to be a gun for you, Doctor. The man of peace who understands every kind of warfare, except, perhaps, the cruellest. Kiss. Kiss.
[/size][/size]

[size=13][size=13]and I love the killer robot anti-bodies- they are so polite![/size][/size]

[size=13][size=13][size=13]RORY: Okay. Okay, I am trapped inside a giant robot replica of my wife. I'm really trying not to see this as a metaphor.
AMY: How can we be in here?
RORY: Er.
AMY: How do we fit?
RORY: Miniaturisation ray.
AMY: How would you know that?
RORY: Well, there was a ray, and we were miniaturised.
AMY: All right.
ANTIBODY: Welcome. You are unauthorised. Your death will now be implemented.
AMY: Er, what's that?
RORY: Er, I don't know. It's in your head.
ANTIBODY: Please remain calm while your life is terminated.
AMY: We come in peace!
RORY: When has that ever worked?
AMY: Oh, shut up!
(They try to run but are trapped.)
ANTIBODY: Please cooperate in your officially sanctioned termination. It is normal to experience fear during your incineration.
[/size][/size][/size]

[size=13][size=13][size=13]I just find it a lot of fun. Its also really well shot and edited.
[/size][/size][/size]

[size=13][size=13][size=13]
[/size][/size][/size]

[size=13][size=13][size=13]
[/size][/size][/size]

[size=13][size=13][size=13]}}}
[/size][/size][/size]

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:12 am

Most of those things you mention were fine, not a problem! It was bloody whats-her-name, pre-regeneration, that bugged me. I would need to re-watch to specifically pin-point what I mean. I've only seen it once, after all.

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd
The Honorable Lord Gets-Banned-a-lot of Forumshire

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:50 am

I would need to re-watch to specifically pin-point what I mean. - Forest

{{Always happy to help out a Whovian Smile }}

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:34 pm

{{{ My thoughts on the Ghost Monument-

Ok just going to break this down into good bit and bad bits, get the bad out the way first.

Spoiler:

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Oct 14, 2018 10:48 pm

{{The new TARDIS exterior- see if you think its gorgeous or as butt ugly as I do!

And the new titles and theme }}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:29 am

{{Things that dont make sense in the latest episode!

Spoiler:
}}}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:37 am

Well, this guy has something to say & I agree with some, not all, but some of what he says. I still haven't watched the 1st episode & Il be buggered if Im sitting up till 2.30 in the morning to catch the repeat. IL be honest & say Im F$%&ed off its a woman Dr. Ive lost interest & see nowhere for this to progress into the future.

All New Who - Page 11 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

All New Who - Page 11 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:19 am

{{Its not feminism or a female Doctor that is giving me worries Az, its the writing- plots that are barely there, exposition all over the place, at least one too many 'friends' as Yaz has dropped off into the background two episodes in a row now (has she even said a single word to Grahame yet?), clumsy plot devices that are flagged up in the most obvious ways as plot devices, and a Doctor who so far lacks much of the Dcotor's sarcasm, impatience with stupid people or the sense of arrogance the Doctor has always carried about himself in the past and doesn't rise to the gravitas of the role yet, again this is largely because the script has denied her any real proper big Doctor moments or speeches to get her acting chops into- but so far the evidence is not there for me she can do that angry, dark aspect of the Doctor.

Someone on Gallifrey Base described her best for me by saying it was like she was wearing the character of the Doctor like a coat, rather than inhabiting the coat from the inside. Her Doctor ticks a lot of the Doctor boxes, but clumsily, like her gun speech, too on the nose and upfront.
There is something unfortunately weak about her Doctor in the writing so far- she needs something a bit more than being chippy all the time to work with and the scripts are not providing much meat on the bone. }}}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:19 pm

That idiot on the Youtube vid is a classic whining man-baby full of female hating pseudo-bollox disguised as 'the facts'. fuq him and fuq his poison.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Mon Oct 15, 2018 3:50 pm

Though the guy has a point about the dynamic being off, it's not due to having a woman in the part.  I think they put the wrong woman in the part: someone like Dame Helen Mirren would have given this guy all the crustiness and arrogance he could have ever wished for.  It's too bad Michelle Gomez is taken, for she would have been great.

I think part of the reason the writing is bad is they are not properly inspired by their lead.  She's not a bad actor, she's just not right for the part.  Add to that what seems to be poor writing to begin with and it's doomed.

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:16 pm

That's a good choice Halfy, Helen Mirren, yep, she can add strength to the character plus she can give that side long "I don't give a fuck" look Smile Im sure she could make a few knees wibble & not necessarily with desire. in fact I can see her pointing a sonic screwdriver with that "dare me" look & giving just as good as she gets. Id believe in that one better. From what Ive seen via trailers etc Jodie is too soft in nature. I couldn't believe she'd be able to take the froth off a coffee. And if "they" do beef her up over time that, is wrong in my book, she should have started off beefy & then we've got something to run with. Dr Who, in all his incarnations, made me feel safe. The face may change but, I knew that he could have the guts to be strong, defensive, brave. Jodie is the girl you go shopping to H&M or Topshop with. Im sounding so negative & I haven't watched the 1st episode yet Smile

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:43 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:{{Its not feminism or a female Doctor that is giving me worries Az, its the writing- plots that are barely there, exposition all over the place, at least one too many 'friends' as Yaz has dropped off into the background two episodes in a row now (has she even said a single word to Grahame yet?), clumsy plot devices that are flagged up in the most obvious ways as plot devices, and a Doctor who so far lacks much of the Dcotor's sarcasm, impatience with stupid people or the sense of arrogance the Doctor has always carried about himself in the past and doesn't rise to the gravitas of the role yet, again this is largely because the script has denied her any real proper big Doctor moments or speeches to get her acting chops into- but so far the evidence is not there for me she can do that angry, dark aspect of the Doctor.

Someone on Gallifrey Base described her best for me by saying it was like she was wearing the character of the Doctor like a coat, rather than inhabiting the coat from the inside. Her Doctor ticks a lot of the Doctor boxes, but clumsily, like her gun speech, too on the nose and upfront.
There is something unfortunately weak about her Doctor in the writing so far- she needs something a bit more than being chippy all the time to work with and the scripts are not providing much meat on the bone. }}}

I think Jodie is trying too hard to be the Doctor, she sounds more like Mary Poppins than the Doctor, I hate all that false cheeriness. ffs.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:51 pm

Took me a while but I think I worked out 'ffs': -ucking -emale -it. Could almost have a whole 'nother meaning.

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:38 pm

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:17 am

{{Some more things that seem like sloppy writing and dont make sense from that episode-

Spoiler:
}}}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:44 am

{{9 ways I think this episode could have been done better-

Spoiler:

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Tue Oct 16, 2018 1:38 pm

...or you could send them a script and get them to do something interesting for a change.. Very Happy
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Tue Oct 16, 2018 2:40 pm

Now there's a thought worth exploring!

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."
-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:48 pm

Agreed ! you've proved you have writing skills, look at the stories you've posted. They have had it all, comedy, realism, drama etc, What have you to lose ? Might open a new door ? Anything in life is open for anyone to do, just push open the door, it might lead to a Summer garden

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:30 pm

I haven't watched either of the new episodes yet...and I don't have any real desire to.

Can't say you guys are making a good case for Series 11, box ticking blandness it seems...

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:56 pm

{{Well dont let my opinion put you off watching them Malick- it might just be me, certainly Jodies performance and the first two episodes are getting plaudits aplenty elsewhere even if I cant quite understand why. And besides I'd be interested to hear your thoughts. }}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:03 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:{{Well dont let my opinion put you off watching them Malick- it might just be me, certainly Jodies performance and the first two episodes are getting plaudits aplenty elsewhere even if I cant quite understand why. And besides I'd be interested to hear your thoughts. }}

eh, I don't really have the time or desire to watch them at the moment, my parents still have them recorded on their digibox and they seemed to enjoy both quite a bit (they both really liked Capaldi as the Doctor, but didn't watch much of the matt smith episodes and grew a tad bored with Tennant, both enjoy Who and I think watched it in their childhood, but are casual viewers at best, though the back to basics approach seems to have gained increased interest from them) may give it a go, but later rather than sooner.

My opinions on Chibnall and the apparent tone of the new series seem to line up with your more or less anyway.

malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:21 pm

Just watched it. Nothing wrong with Jodi, she's doing well with what she's got to work with. She's great when she's given the chance.

The writing needs to grow up.

Helen Mirren? Really? I love her, but not for this.

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."
-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum