huffjuff
azriel
Bluebottle
Forest Shepherd
bungobaggins
21 posters

Page 23 of 27 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27  Next

Go down

Things that are making you crabbit! [5] - Page 23 Empty Re: Things that are making you crabbit! [5]

Post by halfwise Fri Jul 24, 2020 9:34 pm

Well, as of 5 pm yesterday my main work email account will not come to my computer mail thingy (outlook). It will come to my phone, I can find it by signing into a webpage, but a web page won't go "ping" whenever a new email comes in, and forces me to sign in each time. Mad

Not as bad as your problems, but still ruddy annoying.

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Things that are making you crabbit! [5] - Page 23 Empty Re: Things that are making you crabbit! [5]

Post by Mrs Figg Fri Jul 24, 2020 10:15 pm

I have that too, I have to sign in every time. Mad
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Fri Jul 24, 2020 10:42 pm

It's working fine for other emails, just not this one. But it's the one I need timely alerts about. Oh well. Eventually I'll find the right person to throttle about it.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Sat Dec 18, 2021 9:42 pm

I got banned from this OSR D&D Discord server. Mad

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd
The Honorable Lord Gets-Banned-a-lot of Forumshire

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Sat Dec 18, 2021 11:04 pm

I'm impressed! Here, have a title that doesn't suck! Very Happy ( yes, it has bothered me )

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."
-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Sun Dec 19, 2021 3:21 pm

Figgy's also a strong candidate for that title, but she has a classic one already.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Sun Dec 19, 2021 7:10 pm

This is certainly more acceptable

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sun Dec 19, 2021 10:51 pm

Hey ! have only been banned from TORn x3 and thats a badge of honour because I kept on insisting that The Hobbit was crapadoodle. No
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Tue Jan 04, 2022 7:03 pm

Rocco Ritchie pretending to be an artist. Rolling Eyes
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Tue Jan 04, 2022 8:12 pm

Had to look that up. Madonna's son. To be fair to him, he was selling his work under a pseudonym, and though Madonna did back him (which probably got him that illusive spotlight) she didn't reveal him.

Getting that first notice as an artist his hard, and truly means everything to success. So though he had help there, I'm not sure he would continue to sell unless people saw something in his work. So I'll give him a tossup here. He's probably no better than other artists who didn't get mentioned by his mum, but I would hesitate to call him a fake. You're a more qualified judge than I am of course.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Tue Jan 04, 2022 9:34 pm

Its pretty horrible stuff
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Tue Jan 04, 2022 9:55 pm

Judgement has been rendered.  Nod

I looked at his stuff and wasn't smitten, but can say the same of a lot of contemporary art.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Tue Jan 04, 2022 10:19 pm

me neither. No
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Fri Jan 07, 2022 9:02 pm

Two days and I haven't gotten anything accomplished related to work. Banghead Banghead

I'm usually worthless after a long vacation but this is beyond bad.  All I've been able to do is obsess about how good Killing Eve is and buy a few groceries.  It's a miracle I even managed to unpack. Banghead

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Fri Jan 07, 2022 10:45 pm

I know the feeling. I totally switched off over Christmas and new year even though I had loads to do. I had to force myself to get back in gear, and even now my brain is refusing to play ball. My brain feels as if its on holiday without my permission, it wants to be lazy and flop about and watch crap on TV. I keep shouting "deadlines!" and my brain goes, " m'yeah whatever dude, pass me the popcorn"

Mad
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Sat Jan 08, 2022 10:40 pm

January is a " going nowhere" month. I cant see any redeeming features about January. I also feel like Im dragging my knuckles along the floor. Ive loads of stuff to do but cant get motivated, doesnt help in that its been pelting down so viciously with icy cold rain all dam fecking day, gives you the right hump !

Things that are making you crabbit! [5] - Page 23 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

Things that are making you crabbit! [5] - Page 23 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Sun Jan 09, 2022 2:41 am

I got one thing done today!   cheers
(better than yesterday)

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Mon May 23, 2022 8:14 pm

I tried to watch Tenet and it was an essay in aural torture. is it just me or is it impossible to listen to without getting a banging headache? The dialogue was too low and the constant loud soundtrack made me really irritated and on edge. Mad its a shame because it seemed interesting.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Wed May 25, 2022 5:26 pm

The sound mixing is absolutely F'd. Yes.

Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Wed May 25, 2022 8:35 pm

How could they hear it and think it was ok. It was a terrible job. Shrugging
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Mon Aug 15, 2022 7:27 pm

Got banned from The Guardian for expressing free speech. They really are lightweights. Laughing
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Mon Aug 15, 2022 9:40 pm

Another day another ban!

Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Mon Aug 15, 2022 9:42 pm

Mrs Figg wrote:Got banned from The Guardian for expressing free speech. They really are lightweights. Laughing

Oh, DO fill in the details!

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Aug 15, 2022 10:22 pm

{{ Handbag I am impressed Figg. Nod Though I suspect I can hazard a guess as to the topic. Suspect }}

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Mon Aug 15, 2022 10:53 pm

The topic was the Edinburgh Fringe. That comedian Jerry Shadowitz got banned because a few people complained about his set. He is well known for getting his willy out on stage, and being really extreme, some people find him funny but he is an acquired taste. People pay to listen to that stuff, its the Fringe not the Royal gala performance. People know what they are getting when they buy a ticket. So I said it was as much the fault of the Left as the Right. As the Left has incubated cancel culture, and subjective comedy should not be banned otherwise we are no better than censors and the taliban. I said that free speech is in danger from the left as much as the right, and should not be left in the hands of so called progressives who police our arts and culture and impose their agendas, nor individuals who demand someone be cancelled and silenced because that is bullying and a slippy slope towards totalitarianism. The Guardian didnt like it. Suspect The irony was lost on them, as I was talking about free speech. Rolling Eyes
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 27 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27  Next