chris63
Eldorion
Mrs Figg
azriel
Bluebottle
19 posters

Page 30 of 30 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30

Go down

Lord of the Rings Humour: Parodies, Satires and More [4] - Page 30 Empty Re: Lord of the Rings Humour: Parodies, Satires and More [4]

Post by azriel Wed Aug 28, 2024 12:59 pm

Lord of the Rings Humour: Parodies, Satires and More [4] - Page 30 Moria_10

Lord of the Rings Humour: Parodies, Satires and More [4] - Page 30 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

Lord of the Rings Humour: Parodies, Satires and More [4] - Page 30 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Lord of the Rings Humour: Parodies, Satires and More [4] - Page 30 Empty Re: Lord of the Rings Humour: Parodies, Satires and More [4]

Post by halfwise Wed Aug 28, 2024 1:11 pm

A blue whale is louder than concert speakers?

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Tue Sep 03, 2024 7:46 am

Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Tue Sep 03, 2024 4:39 pm

I like his enthusiasm about the same writers etc ( The Coven ) dipping their wellies into LOTRs again, Im not. Sir Ian Id love to see again.

Lord of the Rings Humour: Parodies, Satires and More [4] - Page 30 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Tue Sep 03, 2024 10:24 pm

Sir Ian is getting on a bit now. Don't no if he will fancy flying half way around the world a few times for filming. They could do all his shots in the UK like they did with Christopher Lee.

Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Tue Sep 03, 2024 10:32 pm

https://www.cnn.com/2024/09/02/entertainment/ian-mckellen-lord-rings-gandalf/index.html

Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Wed Sep 04, 2024 4:54 pm

No doubt they will computerise him as they have done with other actors. Once they have a catalogue of his actions and speech, Sir Ian could sit back and just watch. Didnt they do that with Oliver Reed in the film Gladiator ?

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Sat Sep 07, 2024 8:19 am

How have I never noticed this before?

https://www.reddit.com/r/lotr/comments/1f9v1kv/has_it_ever_bothered_anyone_else_that_the_balcony/

Also now reminded Rivendell seems to have very few (perhaps none at all) windows in the films, guess it dosen't rain much in that Valley...

Well, that was worth the wait wasn't it  Suspect

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Sat Sep 07, 2024 8:30 am

https://www.reddit.com/r/lotrmemes/comments/1fa9kgd/speak_friend_and_enter/

https://www.reddit.com/r/lotrmemes/comments/1fahp4n/ill_see_myself_out/

https://www.reddit.com/r/lotrmemes/comments/1fa32sm/how_about_a_booster_seat/

Well, that was worth the wait wasn't it  Suspect

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Sat Sep 07, 2024 1:19 pm

In the books the elves go up into the trees and arrive on "flets". Aragorn and the rest are expected to sleep on these but, flets do not have walls or sides so, they were taken down to ground level by Haldir I think and given pillows etc there.

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Sat Sep 07, 2024 1:58 pm

At the first meeting they stayed on the flets to sleep because orcs are about. Sam made a joke about dropping off. It was when they reached the galadrim city that they slept on the ground.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Sat Sep 07, 2024 9:37 pm

yes, I got in a muddle. The hobbits were worried about falling off the flet but they did sleep there.

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Thu Sep 12, 2024 12:38 pm

2 movies?

Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Thu Sep 12, 2024 12:46 pm

First of all, why did they pick the hunt for Gollum?  Of all the stories to choose from, they take the one with the fewest significant events.

This guy rambles - with no new evident facts after a few minutes, I quit listening.

Slightly more information here, none of it good. https://variety.com/2024/film/news/lord-of-the-rings-movie-2026-release-warner-bros-1235997102/

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Sep 13, 2024 9:41 am

{{ Got to wonder at the thinking here, two films, for a story in which very little happens, important stuff but not hugely interesting or epic stuff, one fight, no battles, most of the time its Aragorn and Gandalf wandering about, then just Aragorn, then Aragorn with a snarling Gollum he says he couldn't get anything from, and then one conversation between Gandalf and Gollum with at least some drama when Gandalf has to threaten Gollum with fire (which I suspect they will leave out!) then Gandalf buggers off too and Gollum climbs a tree, there's one fight with a small band of orcs acting as a distraction and Gollum legs it. The end.

Its hardly two films worth of material, its hardly one film worth of material.

And there are all sorts of problems having Gollum as any sort of main character, he cant have any development of note, he has to be where he is when he meets Frodo character wise, and he has been that way since he decided to leave the mountains and go after Bilbo. He doesn't have any change until he encounters Frodo.
Likewise with Aragorn, we know where his story goes too, we know whatever happens he will be totally fine, and what can they do with his character, lay on more invented 'I dont want to be King' emo crap?

But not to worry PJ and the Coven are on it, which given the Coven and Coven juniors recent involvement in Tolkien with the Rohirrim thing, this will no doubt be padded out by a bad ass, fiesty female Ranger who can actually be the one who traps Gollum when Aragorn can't, and who will be able to get information out of him when Gandalf fails, before tragically dying slaying a hundred orcs on her own trying to stop Gollum escaping. Evil or Very Mad

I read that alongside Sir Ian they want to drag Viggo and Orlando back into this, and when they asked Serkis (who is directing) how that would work, he repied "AI". Oh dear.....Hi ho Hi its off the uncanny valley we go! Mad }}

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Fri Sep 13, 2024 12:37 pm

Well, AI did amazing things with DeNiro and Pesci in the Irishman, so it's not as much of a stretch as it may sound.

That statement is NOT by any means a defence of this film, though I have to say the claim that a wisp of nothing can, must be stretched into two films somewhat fascinates me.  I have respect for Sirkis that doesn't extend to the Coven, so I have to believe there's some interesting angle that would make him consider it.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Fri Sep 13, 2024 5:23 pm

I thought these nonsensical ramblings were the domain of very elderly seniors living their last few years in the comfort of a comfy chair and slurping up semolina. It almost feels like peejeers is saying "no matter what, Ive still got it", well so did my aunt Rene before the dementia got her. Andy Serkis has done very well since the LOTRs days and I think Id trust in him rather than the "Headless 3", but, I hope hes still got a grip on reality ? Isnt there anyone out there optimistic enough to give Tolkien the respect and understanding due ? Now Hitchcock said some interesting things about tension and leading the audience etc in several good interviews, The Coven are stale, we need fresh ears and eyes.

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Page 30 of 30 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30