Pettytyrant101
Mrs Figg
Bluebottle
halfwise
Eldorion
17 posters

Page 9 of 14 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14  Next

Go down

Watching LOTR for the first time in four years - Page 9 Empty Re: Watching LOTR for the first time in four years

Post by chris63 Fri May 19, 2017 9:17 am

halfwise wrote:I find watching the appendices gives you more reasons to enjoy the film because there's more you are watching out for.

Totally agree. I love all the appendices. Probably watched them more then the movies. Same with The Hobbit.

Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Watching LOTR for the first time in four years - Page 9 Empty Re: Watching LOTR for the first time in four years

Post by Ringdrotten Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:53 pm

Watched TT for the first time in, well, years today - used to be my least favourite out of the three, and while that still may be true, I enjoyed it more this time than I've done in ages. Sam's speech at the end there made me think of all the shit going on in Europe over the past 2-3 years. I am easily moved by all this hero stuff, and not ashamed to admit it! Think I'll give RotK a go tomorrow - it's nice to be reminded why I love these films so much. You should give it a try, petty Laughing

Watching LOTR for the first time in four years - Page 9 Man-in-black
Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sun Jul 23, 2017 11:45 pm

Glad to hear you enjoyed it, Ringo! Very Happy Did you also rewatch FOTR recently?
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:24 am

Not recently, but not in the very distant past either Smile I've watched it so many times I know it by heart anyway, and still love it. It's been alot longer since I watched TT and RotK, though. Going to New Zealand in January (finally!!!!!!!), so this is early prep'ing:)

Watching LOTR for the first time in four years - Page 9 Man-in-black
Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Mon Jul 24, 2017 3:53 pm

How long will you be in NZ? Quite jealous.

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Mon Jul 24, 2017 5:39 pm

" You should give it a try, petty "......Ringo.
You said that Laughing

Watching LOTR for the first time in four years - Page 9 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

Watching LOTR for the first time in four years - Page 9 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Jul 24, 2017 5:41 pm

{{ I have been trying to find a suitable reply Azriel- but I'm lost for words!!! Evil or Very Mad
And worse Ringo has my purist edits (which even I dont have any more Mad ) so he has the choice to watch PJ's or not and choose Pj's No That's not right in the head!! Mad }}}

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:26 pm

Congrats on your upcoming NZ trip, Ringo! Very Happy Be sure to bring back lots of pictures to post here. Nod I'd love to be able to do that someday, though there are other potential foreign trips that are probably ranked higher.
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:13 pm

I keep meaning to rewatch LOTR but there's always something else to watch/read/listen to.

Here's a question for you, how long since you've watched the Ralph Bakshi version?

Well, that was worth the wait wasn't it  Suspect

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:19 pm

{{{ Whenever I did the Bakshi v PJ thread was last time I watched the whole thing through

edit add- a quick search shows that was six, SIX years ago! Shocked }}}

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:28 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:{{{ Whenever I did the Bakshi v PJ thread was last time I watched the whole thing through

edit add- a quick search shows that was six, SIX years ago!  Shocked }}}

Hey, now you've reminded me I've been a member here for almost 4 years, how time flies Shocked

And I think this December marks the first official announcement of (then a single) The Hobbit Film Shocked

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:29 pm

I still have a soft spot for the Bakshi version even taking into account the terrible animation, clunky dialogue and pajama wearing orcs

malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:33 pm

malickfan wrote:Hey, now you've reminded me I've been a member here for almost 4 years, how time flies Shocked

And I think this December marks the first official announcement of (then a single) The Hobbit Film Shocked

Yeah, the original Hobbit + bridge film project was announced in December 2007.

Somewhat relatedly, December 2018 will mark the 10th anniversary of Forumshire (going back to the founding of the Old Forum).
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:35 pm

I know what you mean, Malick. This poster does the same thing for me, it reminds me of a time when I was young, wild & carefree Laughing

Watching LOTR for the first time in four years - Page 9 Lotrs10

Watching LOTR for the first time in four years - Page 9 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:37 pm

{{ I haven't seen that for years Azriel! I used to have that poster on my bedroom wall as a kid.  Nod  }}}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:39 pm

So did I Very Happy and all the prog rock vinyl's I used to listen too with that poster on my wall Very Happy

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:35 pm

Eldorion wrote:
malickfan wrote:Hey, now you've reminded me I've been a member here for almost 4 years, how time flies Shocked

Yeah, the original Hobbit + bridge film project was announced in December 2007.

Somewhat relatedly, December 2018 will mark the 10th anniversary of Forumshire (going back to the founding of the Old Forum).

I didn't realize the Old Forum dated back that far, how many of you guys were active posters on the old forum?

(it's weird, been posting here for nearly 4 years but I still sometimes feel like a newbie as I stay clear of most of the creative/history side of the forum still don't know how that Grey Horses thing started...)

malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:51 pm

I was only on the old Forum a few months before I drifted away due to work, then came back and couldn't find it! Shocked I was poking around in a desultory way in Bree when Petty recognized me and pointed me to the reconstituted forumshire. Yes, I was one of his "rescues". It wasn't until I saw Odo that a truly knew I was back home. Nod

So of those who still post here, Petty, Eldo, Odo/Orwell (it used to be ONLY Odo), Amarie, and me. Oh, and was Leelee on the old Forum? Long gone are Ally, and GB, and Squatch (who was her mom, the long running mayor?), and many others, long past. But Eldo, Petty, and old Odo...those are the triumvirite.

I sound like Treebeard.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:35 pm

malickfan wrote:I didn't realize the Old Forum dated back that far, how many of you guys were active posters on the old forum?

Of people who were still posting here when you joined, chris63, Tinuviel, myself, and Odo joined in 2009. Petty, halfwise, Ally, and Ringdrotten joined in 2010. Kafria joined in 2011 just a few weeks before Dark Planet Day (11 February 2011), and her daughter Squach joined us in the immediate aftermath while we were still on the stopgap forum (comments section, actually) on my personal blog, where we set up camp for a couple days before I signed us up with Forumotion. Razz Halfwise and chris were lost in the woods at the time though, and didn't find their way to the new forum until later. Amarië, Leelee, and Elthir came over here from Planet Tolkien during the easing of relations in summer 2011, before Petty and Odo were banned on PT.

(it's weird, been posting here for nearly 4 years but I still sometimes feel like a newbie as I stay clear of most of the creative/history side of the forum still don't know how that Grey Horses thing started...)

To the best of my memory it started as a Lore argument between Dave and Elthir over whether horses with coats that appear to be white are properly classified as white horses or a type of grey horse. I'm fuzzy on the exact details though, and don't want to inadvertently set off any behorsings. Razz

halfwise wrote:But Eldo, Petty, and old Odo...those are the triumvirite.

Oh you. Embarassed {{{GB played an indispensable role on the Old Forum too though.}}}
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:56 pm

Eldorion wrote:
malickfan wrote:
( still don't know how that Grey Horses thing started...)

To the best of my memory it started as a Lore argument between Dave and Elthir over whether horses with coats that appear to be white are properly classified as white horses or a type of grey horse. I'm fuzzy on the exact details though, and don't want to inadvertently set off any behorsings. Razz }}}

I prefer to think of it as an erudite discussion. Suspect :drum:

As I recall it actually started (as so many things here have) with a friendly discussion between Petty and Figg over whether movie Shadowfax was the correct colour or not. Elthir helpfully provided all written descriptions of every horse in all JRRT's writings, and I equally helpfully expanded on their ambiguity, while all of Forumshire looked on in something that I took at the time for admiration (but in hindsight might not have been.... Suspect )

Last edited by David H on Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:05 am; edited 1 time in total

Watching LOTR for the first time in four years - Page 9 1280px-Male_kodiak_bear_face  Watching LOTR for the first time in four years - Page 9 UJpDi Watching LOTR for the first time in four years - Page 9 Mumbea10
David H
David H
Horsemaster, Fighting Bears in the Pacific Northwest

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:41 am

{{ I was still in my 30's when I joined here Shocked I cant even remember my 30's! Mad drunken }}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:53 am

I used to like going to Bree. The layout was simpler on Bree I think, the page looked different, it was white & I don't recall avatars or a big banner across the top, or emoticons ? What I do remember was the constant battle with spammers. I remember Julia being a mod. I remember people saying that a whole page was being spammed Very Happy  Ah, happy days Smile

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:33 pm

That's right! Julia/Figgs was a mod. Didn't that come to a bad end? Laughing Or was that somewhere else she got thrown off of? After the Hobbit moving finally materialized she was thrown out of TORN 3 times if I remember, and how Petty managed to last longer than she did I'll never understand. Made us proud. I love you

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Tue Jul 25, 2017 5:25 pm

I think became the running joke Laughing see how many times Figgy could be banned from there Smile Good on her Smile

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Jul 25, 2017 5:33 pm

how Petty managed to last longer than she did I'll never understand- Halfy

{{I didn't if you recall- I was banned first- but I was so crabbit about it to their mods they eventually reinstated me Twisted Evil }}}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 14 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14  Next