Amarië
malickfan
Bluebottle
azriel
halfwise
15 posters

Page 30 of 34 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34  Next

Go down

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [3] - Page 30 Empty Re: Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [3]

Post by azriel Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:21 am

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [3] - Page 30 Old_roar_gill3

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [3] - Page 30 Old-roar-5

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [3] - Page 30 Old_roar_gill2

This is a place where I used to live as a child. Its ancient woodland called "Old Roar Gill". All summer me & my friends would run in the woods, splash thru the little stream & in my mind this was the world of "Little Grey men" by BB.

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [3] - Page 30 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [3] - Page 30 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [3] - Page 30 Empty Re: Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [3]

Post by halfwise Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:51 pm

that's just what a kid needs in the backyard! So many don't get that these days.

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:54 am

Looks great. To be a kid again!

Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Thu Nov 02, 2017 11:01 am

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [3] - Page 30 Gandulf

I like this picture of Gandalf but, I think the depiction of Bilbo is a bit...odd ? It doesn't gel right for me.

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [3] - Page 30 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [3] - Page 30 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Thu Nov 02, 2017 2:27 pm

A bit small for a full-grown hobbit.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Thu Nov 02, 2017 6:51 pm

That's it. And the head is too like Christopher Robin.

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:55 pm

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [3] - Page 30 Grenof10

Grenofen Woods, Dartmoor.

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:40 pm

ooo...that's a good'un!

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:31 pm

I like this picture of Gandalf but, I think the depiction of Bilbo is a bit...odd ? It doesn't gel right for me.

Bilbo's arm is very... wrong. The belt buckle thing and the split in the west doesn't add up with the rest of the body. No shape of waist or buttocks. Looks more like a front, doesn't it?

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."
-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:23 am

Laughing Laughing

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:32 pm

Amarië wrote:

Bilbo's arm is very... wrong. The belt buckle thing and the split in the west doesn't add up with the rest of the  body. No shape of waist or buttocks. Looks more like a front, doesn't it?

"Definition of front
a :a person, group, or thing used to mask the identity or true character or activity of the actual controlling agent"

I thought this was the Hobbit, not Breaking Bad Shocked

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:55 pm

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [3] - Page 30 Hobbit10

A Hobbit pantry ?

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:02 pm

All except for the cellophane wrapped sticks on the lower left. What are those flat things stacked in the trough at the back? Is it crunchy? Can we eats it?

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:50 am

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [3] - Page 30 Guardi10

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Sat Jan 20, 2018 3:48 pm

I'm pretty sure this place has been featured in these pages before, but she's developed the concept a bit.  It sort of pulls you out of the fantasy world to have a hobbit door open directly on a bed, but she make the point that the view out the front door is so amazing you just want to lay in bed and look out over the landscape, so we'll let her get away with it.  These will be rental properties with a communal kitchen in a structure that feels like an English pub.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:47 pm

azriel wrote:Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [3] - Page 30 Guardi10

Rock-taurs!

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd
The Honorable Lord Gets-Banned-a-lot of Forumshire

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:03 pm

Oh how I would love to live in a cottage like that !

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [3] - Page 30 Gromit

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:06 pm

I love that video! I love you Building my own (human scale) Hobbit hole vacation home was always my "if I ever win the lottery" dream. Not that I actually play lotto...
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:56 pm

Ditto Very Happy

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Sun Jan 28, 2018 6:10 pm

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [3] - Page 30 Handca10

Hand carved door, Danish, 1930's ( so they say ) The beak is the door knocker Very Happy

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sun Jan 28, 2018 7:58 pm

that's gorgeous
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:45 pm

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [3] - Page 30 Old_po10

Eye of a Dragon

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:01 pm

It looks more like a basin of water surrounded by ivy and reflecting a tree to me. scratch Unless the ambiguity is the point? Razz
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:28 pm

Actually yes, it is a pond & it is a reflection but, it looks other worldly ? N'est ce pas

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:45 pm

I thought it was nicely captured art. Once you put the thought "dragon's eye" in your head it works perfectly.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Page 30 of 34 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34  Next