Peter Jackson Guest Editing the next issue of EMPIRE Magazine (UK, issue *307)

+3
Eldorion
Forest Shepherd
malickfan
7 posters

Go down

Peter Jackson Guest Editing the next issue of EMPIRE Magazine (UK, issue *307) Empty Peter Jackson Guest Editing the next issue of EMPIRE Magazine (UK, issue *307)

Post by malickfan Mon Oct 27, 2014 6:16 pm

The Big Farewell to Middle Earth, including Unprecedented access, Incredible unseen pictures, Personal stories from a six-film saga and far beyond, and some very special exclusives from all over the movie world. On sale November 27

I subscribe to the Mag (so I can't really avoid this one), so I might get a day or two early, I'll post some snippets if I remember. It'll be interesting inevitable to see if the Silmarillion comes up, their big exclusives are always great, they've had quite a few tidbits about the movies before, so this will be well worth picking up I'd imagine, even if some of you would probably be more inclined to burn it then read it!

(Spielberg guest edited an Issue about five years ago, it was really good (and longer than usual), with lots of great coverage and interviews...It'll be interesting to see what Jackson has in mind...)

Well, that was worth the wait wasn't it  Suspect

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Peter Jackson Guest Editing the next issue of EMPIRE Magazine (UK, issue *307) Empty Re: Peter Jackson Guest Editing the next issue of EMPIRE Magazine (UK, issue *307)

Post by Forest Shepherd Mon Oct 27, 2014 6:55 pm

Peter Jackson Guest Editing the next issue of EMPIRE Magazine (UK, issue *307) Cybermen___delete___campaign_by_degaspiv-d33hjoa

<delete>

Last edited by Forest Shepherd on Mon Oct 27, 2014 10:05 pm; edited 1 time in total

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd
The Honorable Lord Gets-Banned-a-lot of Forumshire

Back to top Go down

Peter Jackson Guest Editing the next issue of EMPIRE Magazine (UK, issue *307) Empty Re: Peter Jackson Guest Editing the next issue of EMPIRE Magazine (UK, issue *307)

Post by Eldorion Mon Oct 27, 2014 7:25 pm

I thought that Empire just had a big Hobbit cover story?  Maybe I'm confusing them with Total Film.  This should be interesting reading either way.  Hopefully PJ will include some photos from the set of stuff we haven't seen before.
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:01 pm

Well I got the issue today, there weren't many big spoilers as far as I can remember (though it is confirmed Bilbo is fully conscious during the BOTFA and plays A key role through out, from the sounds of it he'll probably kill millions of orcs, Jackson was being very coy on the details of Dol Guldor and BOTFA but it does seem he wants to make it as bloody and epic as possible), I don't have access to a scanner, and to be totally honest I can't really be bothered to post any snippets anymore (I've been ill the last few days, and my enthusiasm for this series is now non existent)-most of what is mentioned is already old news to us, and someone will probably post scans on Heirs of Durin later in the week.

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:15 pm

I hope you feel better soon Malick I love you
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:19 pm

Mrs Figg wrote:I hope you feel better soon Malick I love you

Nothing serious! (feel more or less Ok at the moment, just a really bad headache and annoyingly long hacking cough for the last three or four days-whilst I know this is nothing worth mentioning, it's just really really weird for me it's the first time I've been remotely ill in at least 8 or 9 years, I never get ill for some reason...) Thanks anyway.

malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:22 pm

hmm have you been near some air conditioning? sometimes they dont clean the filters.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Sinister71 Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:34 pm

malickfan wrote:

Nothing serious! (feel more or less Ok at the moment, just a really bad headache and annoyingly long hacking cough for the last three or four days-whilst I know this is nothing worth mentioning, it's just really really weird for me it's the first time I've been remotely ill in at least 8 or 9 years, I never get ill for some reason...) Thanks anyway.

I'll trade ya ... :hug: I can barely get out of bed, have bruises over large portions of my back, Have to wear a expensive back brace, pretty much have to either lay down on the bed or prop myself up perfectly in the exact right position.I will say I am in good spirits though even though I am drugged out of my mind. Maybe if I watch the Hobbit in this condition I might enjoy it slap laugh

Suspect  NEVERMIND I'LL BE OVER HERE KEEPING MY MOUTH SHUT Suspect
Sinister71
Sinister71
Stinging Fly

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:35 pm

Mrs Figg wrote:hmm have you been near some air conditioning? sometimes they dont clean the filters.

I think 'sometimes they clean the filters' would be more accurate for me (i.e once a decade), but I think I just caught something off someone, I'll probably be fine by Thursday.

malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:39 pm

I will say I am in good spirits though even though I am drugged out of my mind. Maybe if I watch the Hobbit in this condition I might enjoy it- Sin

Those would have to be some pretty spectacular drugs I think Sin to make a PJ Tolkien film seem good! Very Happy

Last edited by Pettytyrant101 on Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:41 pm; edited 1 time in total

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:40 pm

Sinister71 wrote:
malickfan wrote:

I'll trade ya ... :hug:  I can barely get out of bed, have bruises over large portions of my back, Have to wear a expensive back brace,  pretty much have to either lay down on the bed or prop myself up perfectly in the exact right position.I will say I am in good spirits Good to here that Sinthough even though I am drugged out of my mind. Maybe if I watch the Hobbit in this condition I might enjoy it slap laugh

On reflection it was probably in poor taste of me to mention my 'illness' (sorry Sin If I've offended you, best wishes for your recovery), but you are right, mind inducing drugs might be a good way to enjoy BOTFA, I have been to the cinema Drunk before, which was a rather...interesting experience, BOTFA will probably make little sense anway so it might be worth a shot...

malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:41 pm

I have been to the cinema Drunk before- Malick

Theres another way to go?! Shocked

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:42 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:

Those who have to be some pretty spectacular drugs I think Sin to make a PJ Tolkien film seem good! Very Happy

Maybe he could smoke some obviously-a-metaphor-for-Marjuana-Pipeweed Rolling Eyes

I did watch Apocalypse Now whilst drunk once...

malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:46 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:I have been to the cinema Drunk before- Malick

Theres another way to go?! Shocked

When I say cinema I mean paying for a ticket in the big shiny building, not standing in a neighbours Garden watching it on the TV through the open curtains...

Joking aside, It does p*ss me off cinemas seem to be fine taking you money when you are drunk and possibly dangerous/hillarious but frown on you bringing in your own drinks Mad

malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:02 pm

''When I say cinema I mean paying for a ticket in the big shiny building, not standing in a neighbours Garden watching it on the TV through the open curtains...'' Malick

lol! he he! you got him sussed
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Sinister71 Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:27 pm

ohh believe me they are good drugs pub even better when adding alcohol to the mix pub

Sinister71
Sinister71
Stinging Fly

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:32 pm

Sinister71 wrote:ohh believe me they are good drugs pub  even better when adding alcohol to the mix pub

Well, you know what they say, listen to your Elders Nod

malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Elthir Wed Nov 26, 2014 4:58 pm

I think the correct term is Eldars Suspect

Sharrasi's prentice

Back to top Go down

Post by Sinister71 Wed Nov 26, 2014 5:15 pm

Elthir wrote:I think the correct term is Eldars Suspect

Thumbs Up ..... pub ........ Thumbs Up

Sinister71
Sinister71
Stinging Fly

Back to top Go down