Eldorion
Pettytyrant101
Mrs Figg
Norc
Ringdrotten
13 posters

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Funny dreams and spooky nightmares!  - Page 2 Empty Re: Funny dreams and spooky nightmares!

Post by Bluebottle Tue Dec 17, 2013 3:37 pm

Ah, so your brain factured into the dream the fact that he would be acting playing the violin. Laughing That's impressive. Very Happy 

Norc wrote:like russel crow..

Do you mean in Master and Comander?

It does look a bit silly. Still, the Bocherini piece is really pretty.

I've actually been reading those books for a while. They're great. Nod

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Funny dreams and spooky nightmares!  - Page 2 Empty Re: Funny dreams and spooky nightmares!

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Dec 17, 2013 3:42 pm

If you like those you might also like the Hornblower books as well Blue- they were also adapted very well for television-

(And after you watch that you might want to go dig up my Star Trek Hornblower crossover in Creative Corner somewhere- as its based on this opening book)

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Tue Dec 17, 2013 4:14 pm

Bluebottle wrote:
Norc wrote:like russel crow..

Do you mean in Master and Comander?

It does look a bit silly. Still, the Bocherini piece is really pretty.

I thought I'd hung out with enough string players, it didn't look so silly to me. Are you talking about the plucking or the bowing? The plucking position looked a bit awkward for the left hand, but I thought he did a credible job while bowing.

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Tue Dec 17, 2013 4:53 pm

erm. everything halfy. everyhting.
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Tue Dec 17, 2013 5:02 pm

I'll take your word for it. What do I know? I thought string players just always looked goofy.  Shrugging 

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Tue Dec 17, 2013 5:06 pm

F You 
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:44 pm

Well, I'm no expert either Halfwise. It just always looked like acting playing to me.

In any case I guess we'll have to bow to Norcs expert opinion in this case. Nod

Last edited by Bluebottle on Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:54 pm; edited 1 time in total

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:53 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:If you like those you might also like the Hornblower books as well Blue- they were also adapted very well for television-

(And after you watch that you might want to go dig up my Star Trek Hornblower crossover in Creative Corner somewhere- as its based on this opening book)

I've seen the television show which is highly enjoyable, but I think it struggles at times with overambition as to what was possible with the technology and budget at hand.

I've never read the Forrester books, but from what I've read they lack the humour of the O'Brian books. And the quality of his writing is a large part of what's kept me going with Aubrey Maturin series so long.

It's something I mean to get around to though.

Also I came across Locatelli by Patrick O'Brian. I think I shared a violin piece of his before. Funny dreams and spooky nightmares!  - Page 2 Smiley-vault-character-260

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:53 pm

Norc wrote:F You

I'm loving that.  Laughing

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:15 pm

Funny dreams and spooky nightmares!  - Page 2 Smiley-vault-character-260 after this invasion of violin-talk we need to add this i think ELDO!
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:16 pm

Bluebottle wrote:
Norc wrote:F You

I'm loving that.  Laughing

it's my favourite emoticon. (and i am the reason why it is here Embarassed )
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:18 pm

Really? I'm genuinely impressed.  Laughing 

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by RA Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:31 pm

interesting

"From him they learnt many things it were not good for any but the great Valar to know, for being half-comprehended such deep hidden things slay happiness; and besides many of the sayings of Melko were cunning lies or were but partly true, and the Noldoli ceased to sing, and their viols fell silent upon the hill of Kôr, for their hearts grew somewhat older as their lore grew deeper and their desires more swollen, and the books of their wisdom were multiplied as the leaves of the forest."

Remember Merp - July 11th, 2013
RA
RA
Defender of the faith and Dunedain of the thread

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:32 pm

you should be Wink everyone knows that I am the one with the real power.
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:42 pm

Ah, I forgot I plegded to support your campaign to be mod.

Sorry if my work for the campaign hasn't been up to scratch.  Embarassed 

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:48 pm

haha.. i will never win that fight :roll:even though my arguments are pretty rock solid Shrugging
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Tue Dec 17, 2013 11:16 pm

I did intend to use your birthday as a barganing chip and ask them to make you mod for your birthday, but somehow I forgot.  Embarassed 

Well, theres always next year.  Nod

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Tue Dec 17, 2013 11:26 pm

somehow u forgot Mad
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Tue Dec 17, 2013 11:40 pm

I know. Embarassed 

I should perhaps resign from my post as head of the pressure group.

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Wed Dec 18, 2013 7:57 am

Bluebottle wrote:Checking the forumshire dictionary study You seem to be correct.

Ah yes, fjords. I do live at the end of one I suppose. So probably quite on the money.

That's somethig of a coincidence, but not much of one. The founder of modern Fjordianland (or Fjordianlandia, if you like) was Sigmund Fjord, and he lived (apparently) at the end of fjord too. I do hear understand that it is difficult to find a habitable place that is not at the end of a fjord - due to jagged rocks and ice floes and cliffs in their middles - and that any one who does find a cave or flatish rock to habiuate in or on - unless you're a barnacle - is seen as being extremely Fjordianlandian. Indeed, so Fjordianlandian as to need more than the average amount of psychoanalysis Fjordians undergo per national requirement (apparently). I paraquote, of course, from the Forumshire Encyclopedia. study

Orwell
Dark Presence with Gilt Edge

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Wed Dec 18, 2013 8:01 am

Norc for Mod?

F You (apparently)

Mind, one day I'll kick the bucket. There will be a vacancy then, I guess.  Saucy Wink 

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Wed Dec 18, 2013 8:12 am

so i'd have to kill you scratch
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Wed Dec 18, 2013 8:20 am

You'll have to find me first.  Smugdog

{{{This looks a good spot... Sofa }}}

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Wed Dec 18, 2013 8:22 am

{{{I wonder if that horrid girl has seen Wisey's heartfelt tribute to her on the Mobile Thread yet?  Very Happy }}

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Wed Dec 18, 2013 8:16 pm

Bluebottle wrote:

In any case I guess we'll have to bow to Norcs expert opinion in this case. Nod

Wow, I've been a fool to myself. :facepalm: 

That's a great pun and I completely missed it.  Laughing

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next