10-verse arrangement of the Misty Mountains Cold.

5 posters

Go down

10-verse arrangement of the Misty Mountains Cold.  Empty 10-verse arrangement of the Misty Mountains Cold.

Post by Flyinshoe Wed Jul 31, 2013 5:57 pm

Check out my cover/arrangement of the full 10-verse song Misty Mountains Cold straight from the book "The Hobbit".. Using all voices/instruments that could have been available at The Unexpected party. All of you Tolkienites will get a kick out of this. It is my own arrangement based on the theme that is presented in the film adaptation of "The Hobbit". Lyrics straight from the book. Enjoy! Free download if ya like it. Just go to the link below to stream it, and the link to download is on that site if you enjoy it.

10-verse cover/arrangement of Misty Mountains Cold. Free Download if you like it.
Direct Link: http://www.reverbnation.com/petekarstens/song/18048699-misty-mountains-cold-10-verses

Flyinshoe

Back to top Go down

10-verse arrangement of the Misty Mountains Cold.  Empty Re: 10-verse arrangement of the Misty Mountains Cold.

Post by Eldorion Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:35 pm

I gave it a listen and I really like your arrangement. It sounds very nice with all the instruments: I had fun trying to guess what each of them were and how they'd fit into the original scene. Great work, and thanks for posting it! Smile I hope you'll stick around!
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

10-verse arrangement of the Misty Mountains Cold.  Empty Re: 10-verse arrangement of the Misty Mountains Cold.

Post by Norc Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:03 pm

well. it's not that bad Smile i'de put in more violins Shrugging is it u who's singing?
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:24 pm

Welcome to the forum flyinshoe.

Theres a few musicians here, one of whom might play violin if you havent guessed that already. Very Happy 

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Flyinshoe Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:43 pm

Yep, I'm the one who's singing.. Thanks for listening guys!
I have a full set up for recording and synths for pretty much everything.. if any other musicians out there want to do any collab work holler Very Happy.

I'd like to do renditions of a lot of the songs sung throughout Tolkien lore.. so I may be posting up more stuff over time Very Happy.

Flyinshoe

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:06 pm

yeah, i guessed Smile well, it's kinda long so i would maybe have done something more dramatic earlier also re-mix the sounds, there were some instruments that i felt could've come a bit more through, if you get what i mean. and i think i would've put the whole piece up a bit (now my english is failing) so that your singing is in a more comfortable range for you (i play violin therefore i am a bit sensitive to notes) the dark parts are a bit off key(the "far over" bits).
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Flyinshoe Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:21 pm

Yeah, I may go back and put a little more production work in on this one. This is something I just kind of threw together in a few hours, and wanted to share with some other Tolkien fiends like myself.. If ya go listen to some of my other tunes you'll hear I'm usually a little more of a perfectionist with pitch/mixing. We'll just have to see..

I would like to have something a little more dramatic at the beginning, but I also want to follow the theme of the scene where it basically just starts w/ Thorin singing and dwarves start picking up random instruments and singing an occasional line until they all join together for the finale. I could probably work on a little more differentiation between the different voices and have some more little ambient sounds/instruments joining in over time.. I do need a violin in there. Razz

Flyinshoe

Back to top Go down

Post by Ally Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:24 pm

How do I open it in youtube?scratch 

Ally
Wannabe Beard

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:29 pm

yeah, it's not bad for a few hours work Smile u should definitely continue to work on this and it'll turn out great ^^
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Flyinshoe Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:34 pm

Ally wrote:How do I open it in youtube?scratch 

Don't have posted up in Youtube yet >_<
The link I posted allows you to stream it or download it. If that's not working for some reason here it is on Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/petekarstens-1/misty-mountains-cold-10-verse

I'm working on getting a youtube channel put together so I'll share the link in this thread when i get it up Very Happy.

Flyinshoe

Back to top Go down

Post by Ally Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:37 pm

How do I play it in Soundcloud? All I see is a ton of vacillating lines?

Ally
Wannabe Beard

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:45 pm

i am not sure Ally was serious Shrugging

try making a gmail account, it's super simple and you get youtube.
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Ally Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:50 pm

Is an AOL account the same thing?

Ally
Wannabe Beard

Back to top Go down