Post by Mrs Figg Thu Jul 18, 2013 8:59 pm

well if its gone hard just call it cram or Lembas Very Happy 
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

My Horrible Adventure - Page 2 Empty Re: My Horrible Adventure

Post by Norc Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:15 pm

..well.. so hard you'll break your teeth.
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:18 pm

I stepped into the pitch black kitchen, it smelled funny, stale and rotting smells hit my nose and made me want to sneeze. I clamped my hand over my nose and rooted in my pocket for a hanky. I waited for my eyes to grow accustomed to the dim interior before I risked moving. Crashing into bits of kitchen would not be good.
I could feel my eyes widening half in fear half to get a good gander about me. It was a large high ceilinged room, there was a long wooden table running the length, and I caught sight of a glimmer on the wall which turned out to be old servants bells for all the rooms, at one time servants would be scurrying to and fro when the bells sounded imperiously throughout the house.
I tip toed forward hardly daring to move in case I made a noise, all the time I felt I was being watched, I began to get goosebumps and a growing sense of danger flooded over me, I got a horrible prickling sensation and flinched as if to ward off an invisible blow from behind me. But I was alone.
I got to the other green baize door and slowly slowly opened it a crack hardly breathing unless it creaked. I slid through it and found myself in a hallway. It was strangely warm and still, I felt smothered by bone dry dusty air that caught in my throat and made me want to cough.
Coughing was not an option, I went back into the kitchen and turned on the tap in the sink to let a trickle of water soak my hanky, I returned and put the hanky over my nose and mouth like a mask.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:51 pm

I walked to the middle of the cavernous hall, there were many rooms leading off on either side, all the doors were closed, at the far end one door stood ajar and under it a red light glowed. slowly I walked towards it, and peered through the crack.
There was the woman, in a red light standing before a roaring fire wearing a long white robe with a funny golden turban on her head. She was swaying and waving her arms about and muttering under her breath. Her back was turned to me and she was staring into the fire. Billowing black clouds started pulsating from the fire, it looked like long Smoky snake arms that curled about her body, drawing tighter and tighter. One smoke arm wound itself around her neck and started to squeeze. I heard her choking and coughing and fighting to get free. I stood there rooted to the spot unable to move an inch, I really should have gone at that point, but I had just noticed my satchel on the floor near the door, I wondered if she would notice if I just.....
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:19 pm

I snuck into the room and sidled over to my bag.
A powerful gust of air slammed the door behind me and I fell over with a crash. The light was extinguished the fire went out and all went deadly quiet.
It was so quiet I thought for a moment I had gone deaf, as I lay there on the floor too terrified to move, I heard a key go in the lock. That was the worst thing I ever heard.
I lay there for a long time, numb and not really able to think or try to escape. At last after what seemed like hours I got to my feet, I grabbed my bag and went to try the door. It was locked, I sat on the worn carpet and had a little cry. The moon shone through the tall Windows, I heard a fox cry in the distance, I felt truly alone. What if she came back? what if the snake thing came down the chimney?
I became weary and anxious, I hid behind the sofa and lay as small as possible on the floor.
I must have fallen asleep, I woke up with a shock, sprung to my feet and looked wildly round, the door was still locked. I heard the sound of a car, for one second I hoped it was the police come to save me, but it was the woman she was driving away.
I decided to escape at any cost, I went to find a heavy object to throw through the window, but to my delight the window had a catch and it was unlocked!
I climbed out and fell to the garden, it was luckily a short drop, and then I ran, I ran like I have never ran before, my legs were shaking by the time I stopped. I was up the hill, I didnt care if she came back, I had escaped.
or nearly.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:28 pm

pale  affraid 

My Horrible Adventure - Page 2 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

My Horrible Adventure - Page 2 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:32 pm

Queer business... Your heroine got off lightly, methinks, Mrs Figg... though my heart has misgivings as to that.... pale 

Orwell
Dark Presence with Gilt Edge

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Fri Jul 19, 2013 5:34 am

omg... is that story true Shocked ???
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Fri Jul 19, 2013 6:24 am

It's true, all right, I feel it in my waters. Why would anyone want to make up such a Horrible Tale? For thrills? Shocked  My God, you're sooo naive, Norc... Rolling Eyes 

Orwell
Dark Presence with Gilt Edge

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Fri Jul 19, 2013 2:12 pm

I thought I was safe but this was just the beginning of my horrible tale.
It was just before dawn, in that grey dull light before the Sun comes up. I was lucky to have my heavy gabardeen school coat on, it was lined in thick plaid, and had a hood with fake fur lining. But my legs and feet were dowsed in dew, my socks were beaded with moisture, my cold feet were making me shiver. 'Must keep moving' I thought.
The ground was covered by knee high white mist, quite deep in the dells where Night still lay dreaming among the trees.
I was standing on the top of a Herne's Hill, I looked back to the Hall and to my horror from the entrance gate a great grey billowing swirling mass of fog came rushing up the hill  towards me. I let out a cry and I turned and ran hoping to reach the wood before I was overtaken by the horrible fog, I had seen the shapes of people in it, and they didnt look friendly. By the time I had reached the summit of the hill I was exhausted, the mist round my feet stopped me from seeing where I was running and twice I had fallen over rabbit holes, I dreaded the thought of twisting an ankle, so I had to slow down. My heavy bag was now a burden, but after all the trouble to find it I couldnt now chuck it, plus it was too wet on the ground.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Fri Jul 19, 2013 2:25 pm

As I ran I kept turning to look over my shoulder, it was getting closer and closer, I heard whispering and moaning coming from the fog, I was so scared I had to pee, I crouched down in the ferns, and thats when the Fog rolled over me.
All sound was instantly cut off. All around me was a silent waiting thick pearly grey pea-soup fog. I didnt know what to do, so I got up and slowly walked forwards, I expected to be grabbed from all sides, but the worst feeling was what was behind me, what I couldnt see.
Shortly I saw a darker shadow ahead of me, it was very tall and square. I was in the centre of the Standing Stones of Eorlburg.
This was the very last place I wanted to be, I reached out a hand and touched the slippery wet stone, it was ice cold and rough, but strangely it didnt scare me. I sat there with my back to it, at least nothing would get me from behind, but I get a constant vigil right and left, I expected things to loom out and I imagined horrible things in the fog.

My Horrible Adventure - Page 2 Flat550x550075f

Last edited by Mrs Figg on Fri Jul 19, 2013 5:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Fri Jul 19, 2013 2:34 pm

After a while I stood up and peeked round the stone, I could see shapes whirling and churning, it looked like 'skellingtons' and spooks.
The woman stood there staring at me.
She was as still as the Stones, her eyes bored into me, she told me to walk away from the Stone, out of the Circle.
I stood up, I knew it was all over, I didnt have the energy or the will to fight, she was draining my resistance.
I was just about to step out of the Stone Circle when suddenly I got a revelation, it was like a voice in my head calling me, someone, a woman said 'STAY YE'.
I knew in that fraction of a second that the Stones were protecting me, that while I remained in their embrace I was totally and utterly safe.

My Horrible Adventure - Page 2 Corfe_castle_by_fuzzypiggy-d3evbpl
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Fri Jul 19, 2013 6:11 pm

My Horrible Adventure - Page 2 Thumbsup_zps62bd3eb5

My Horrible Adventure - Page 2 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

My Horrible Adventure - Page 2 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sat Jul 20, 2013 3:35 am

Sofa
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by leelee Sat Jul 20, 2013 1:26 pm

You need a hug and affirmation that you are so special and deserve the best.
Forgive me , but I don't like those parents you belong to. That woman, I'd like to get my hands on her, she had no soul. Never never miss your bus.
Fifteen miles, that is dreadful. Homeschooling was out of the question eh?
leelee
leelee
Free-est Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sat Jul 20, 2013 2:28 pm

Dont worry Leelee, it didnt actually happen. Its just a story. Although bits of it are true. Very Happy 
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sat Jul 20, 2013 2:48 pm

I realized to my relief that The Woman couldnt enter the Circle, she had taken a few steps forward trying to make a grab for me, but every time she was thrown backwards with a scream of pain. Something was repelling her, but what? I soon found out.
In the middle of the Circle was a central stone, it was a different colour from the rest, being of a greenish colour rather than grey. On this stone a shimmering light began to shine, brighter and brighter, unil I could hardly look at it without squinting. It seemed full of Rainbow colours and flashing lights, it also gave out a strange odour, a bit like ozone, a bit salty on the tongue, a bit like warm seaweed in a rockpool, a nice smell but overpowering.
Something told me the nearer I was to the stone the safer I was, so I went as close as possible, I stretched out my hand to touch one of the light filaments that occasionally shot out like silver netting. It was cool to the touch, it made my hand vibrate strangely. I think I saw bits of my hand turn into a transparent copy, float off and disappear into the light, but it was just an illusion, my hand was intact. it was odd.
Gradually the light expanded to fill the Whole of the inner circle, I could feel my tummy going funny like there were a million moths fluttering inside me. Not unpleasant exactly, then I did start to feel strange, very strange indeed and I started to panic.
It felt like being on an airplane during a storm when the turbulence makes the plane drop suddenly, that sensation of falling got stronger and I felt like I was losing consciousness on every jolt. I started to see people in the light, first faint and getting more solid by the second, then it rose to a pitch and I blacked out.

Last edited by Mrs Figg on Sat Jul 20, 2013 3:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sat Jul 20, 2013 3:03 pm

I opened an eye, I was lying flat with my face on sand, some sand was in my mouth and I spat it out, it was gritty and salty. A cool breeze wafted over me, I heard seagulls crying, waves breaking on a sparkling Sea. I hoisted myself onto an elbow, I was lying on a beach of golden sand, little crabs were scurrying to and fro waving their pincers in the air, pink shells, drifts of dryed seaweed, blue sky.
It was lovely and empty and went on for miles in either direction. Above me were cliffs, sheer white Limestone, I couldnt imagine how high, but I could see trees on the summit, dark green pine trees. They were very still against the sky.
There was a shimmering heat haze, I decided to find shade and figure out where the heck I was. My heavy winter coat was dragging me down so I took it off and slung it over my arm. I walked over the beach, sand got in my shoes and started rubbing, so I took them and my socks off, that felt good.
It was strange but I didnt make any footprints, no matter how much I tried. Being a natural worrier I started to worry about the tide turning and me getting drownded on the beach so I looked for any path up the Cliffface.
There was none. I must have walked for half an hour and I was getting very thirsty and tired, I didnt think I was in England, and I knew my home was at least 50 miles from the Sea, so where I was, was a mystery.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sat Jul 20, 2013 3:34 pm

Then I saw something that made my blood run cold.
The Woman stood, still and staring, her mouth opened in triumph as if she was going to devour me Whole. She was about 100 feet away, I turned and ran, pounding over the sand, I threw my coat away, but I kept hold of my bag, I forgot being tired, I forgot everything but escaping that horrible thing.
Then from left field a man came running, I darted to the right thinking he was an enemy too. I ran down the beach leaving them both behind me. I heard him shouting to me, it was a Language I didnt understand, but it sounded like Welsh. His voice carried, and it sounded like he was trying to warn me, something in his tone made me turn and stop, I didnt think he was bad, and I was too exhausted to run any more. I would take my chances, and stand and fight if I had to.
He ran up to me, he mumbled words at me and took my hand. He was slightly taller and thinner than me, and about my age. He wore shabby brown and green clothes and long boots. I instantly trusted his honest ruddy face and warm rough hand. We ran as fast as we could towards the Cliff. Amazingly there was a crack that had been invisible front on, but one entered from the side longways. We dove down a thin passage of pure rock, and then left to an opening, it was a natural cave, probably made as a blow hole when the Sea came in.
It was cool and dark. The man turned and rolled a huge stone over the entrance. and it became pitch black.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Sat Jul 20, 2013 3:39 pm

oooh... continue please Very Happy
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sat Jul 20, 2013 3:51 pm

An oil lamp was lit, it was made from a sea shell. The man put a finger to his lips, telling me to be quiet. We crouched on the cold sandy cave floor and waited. I wondered what exactly we were waiting for.
I was just about to ask a question when there was an almighty BOOM on the outsideof the cave. The man let out a cry of fear. He grabbed my hand and propelled us to the far end of the cave. A second BOOM even louder, the Whole cave shuck, bits of rock and debris fell off the walls. The ground shuddered and undulated in a very scary way, there were horrible scraping and scrabbling noises behind the door.
Something was trying to get in.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Sat Jul 20, 2013 4:00 pm

that man sounds like snufkin
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Sat Jul 20, 2013 4:01 pm

omg.. this is scary shit.
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Sat Jul 20, 2013 4:13 pm

You're going to have a lot of explaining to do when you get home, young lady! Suspect 
David H
David H
Horsemaster, Fighting Bears in the Pacific Northwest

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sat Jul 20, 2013 4:29 pm

Embarassed 
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next