David H
azriel
Lancebloke
leelee
Pettytyrant101
19 posters

Page 36 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

Just...................whatever [2] - Page 36 Empty Re: Just...................whatever [2]

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Aug 17, 2013 8:40 pm

It was always really suss- the drunk driver, the missing white car for the collision, the 'problems' with the tunnel cctv footage, the Al Fayed/Aristocracy/MI5 thing and just the possibility the mother of the heir to the throne would produce muslim half brothers with a claim to the throne.
Whole thing was fishier smelling than a Sunday Morning Herring market in Fjordia. Nod 

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Just...................whatever [2] - Page 36 Empty Re: Just...................whatever [2]

Post by azriel Sat Aug 17, 2013 8:55 pm

I agree Petty ! Nod 

Just...................whatever [2] - Page 36 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

Just...................whatever [2] - Page 36 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinuviel Sat Aug 17, 2013 10:59 pm

Just saw the Chicago Symphony Orchestra play the score to Two Towers with a live playing of the film! I tried to get a video but I got yelled at and shooed away Evil or Very Mad But it was really good! The female voice in Evenstar was astounding, but the kid singing during March of the Ents clearly was going through puberty.

Just...................whatever [2] - Page 36 Tumblr_ndsrspapRL1qlqsnio3_500
Tinuviel
Tinuviel
Finest Nose

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Aug 17, 2013 11:04 pm

Nothing better than a live orchestra- they can be playing pretty much anything, hell them tuning up sounds amazing when its live.

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Sun Aug 18, 2013 12:03 am

omg, you went to that!?!?!!!!!!! u have no idea how much i want to go to that D: like classical music + film score + THE LORD OF THE RINGS!! Very Happy *jealous*
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinuviel Sun Aug 18, 2013 1:25 am

Metal 

Just...................whatever [2] - Page 36 Tumblr_ndsrspapRL1qlqsnio3_500
Tinuviel
Tinuviel
Finest Nose

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Sun Aug 18, 2013 11:57 pm

Best use of that gif ever
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Tue Aug 20, 2013 6:54 am

Just...................whatever [2] - Page 36 546894_10200260195821386_1415244871_n

Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:53 pm

The hens in the backgarden have their first chicks! Two of them so far but she's still sitting on a clutch of five.

Just...................whatever [2] - Page 36 564994_665850596777227_129069506_n_zps00d33d44

I reckon I'll need at least four of them for a kebab stick. Nod 

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Thu Aug 22, 2013 3:00 pm

they're adorable Smile
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Aug 22, 2013 3:06 pm

And with any luck tasty too. Twisted Evil 

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:52 pm

Mad  they are so lovely ! how is it that men find it easier to joke about eating cuties than I can ? Is there even a woman working in an abattoir or as a butcher ? I cant kill ! especially if I saw it born & watched it grow !

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:55 pm

especially if I saw it born & watched it grow - Azriel

But thats the best way to know the quality of the food you eat- you get to see how its been raised, what its been fed, how its been cared for.
Surely thats better than trusting some corporation to the task?

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:04 pm

Yeah, I get your point, if your a farmer. Of course its better that the animal has some degree of life, is cared for (vets) & is fed decent food with none of this god awful shit thats put in our food ! I see that ! but, if its in a small holding, like if you have a big enough garden or a plot of land, then, well, no sorry, I cant do it ! My granddaughter goes to a school that has its own animals for the older children to help with, they have 2 big fat pigs, half a doz chickens, geese, goats & every now & then, one of the animals is missing monday morning, served up tuesday dinner time. The kids are learning about food & where it comes from, care, additives etc but, I find it hard ! I bloody well get to dam attached !! Im trying to eat food that I hope an animal hasnt been killed for ? obviously thats difficult, animal by products are in just about everything ! but, I eat Quorn & ( I fooking hope it is ?) Veggie food. Its my conscience Im stuck with ! Wink 

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:07 pm

The trick is you dont treat them like pets- you dont spend time with them, give them names- you just look after their well being-  they are just there, so you dont form attachments.
Otherwise it will be very hard indeed to kill and eat them.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:08 pm

I try off and on to be a vegetarian. Figure if I can't stomach killing it myself I have no right to eat it, but I'm morally weak. The aroma of nicely cooked meat is too hard to resist.

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:11 pm

Mmmm, I know, BACON ! GAMMON ! Very Happy 
I can smell it now ! Thanks Halfy, Im hungry now !

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:01 pm

It's supposed to be morally difficult.
We always named our cattle, and continued to refer to them by name as we ate the beef. When you respect the animal like that, you don't let a bit of it go to waste.

I dislike killing animals, but what truly disgusts me is to watch people take a large helping of meat onto their plate, take a few bites and then scrape it into the garbage with no thought of the animal it once was.
David H
David H
Horsemaster, Fighting Bears in the Pacific Northwest

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:25 pm

I agree David that raising your animals to eat makes you respect the fact you are taking a life to continue your own life (this incidentally is my God's a Cheeky Bastard theory of the Universe- which is the fact if there is a God he created a universe in which living things have to kill and consume the life of other living things or die themselves and then He comes along and says 'Thou shalt not kill'- what a cheeky bastard!)

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:07 pm

yes, true. I know parents tell their kids to think of the children in africa when they don't eat up, but what david says is much more realistic for a little kid to actually grasp the concept off. the animal named Berta has died so that u can eat and be healthy and live on, now don't waste that life.
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Lancebloke Fri Aug 23, 2013 4:14 pm

Problem there is that kids tend not to value life as much. If you ask directly then maybe yes, but really they haven't quite understood the whole life/death concept very well yet as well as cause and effect.

I think the life/death thing is still difficult for most people in adulthood but at least we know that when someone dies then they are at the very least gone from this existence (reincarnation and ghosts aside). Kids just dont get the forever bit.... or even that an animal was once walking round enjoying life before it got chopped up.
Lancebloke
Lancebloke
Tamer and master of Large Metallic Fell Beasts

http://www.lancebloke.com

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Fri Aug 23, 2013 4:21 pm

depends on the age. Around 5 or 6 you get it.

Edit: I was referring to death as forever. animals getting chopped up I don't think they'd get until they've seen it.

Last edited by halfwise on Fri Aug 23, 2013 4:28 pm; edited 1 time in total

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Aug 23, 2013 4:22 pm

I think Lance a lot of that comes down to how you are raised.
My neighbours kids help in the planting of the veggie patch, they gather in the berries in summer and help make jam, the clean out the chickens coup and gather the eggs, and if an animal dies they are there to see the that and the result.
They are very aware not only of where food comes from, what it was before it got to the shop shelves, but also surprisingly aware of the differences in quality between home grown and mass produced.

If however you were raised on an estate in the city and have never so much as seen a live chicken or cow your life then its hardly surprising kids dont have any real understanding.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Fri Aug 23, 2013 4:51 pm

yes living in surburbia Nature is just something David Attenborough does in Africa, or when they step in dog poo in the local park, you miss the Seasons changing and the sometimes cruel reality of Nature, kids brought up on a farm understand this balance
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sun Aug 25, 2013 7:02 pm

Just...................whatever [2] - Page 36 Destiny___Merlin_and_Arthur_by_magic_ban_zpsd1678ba0
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Page 36 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum