halfwise
David H
Norc
Mrs Figg
Pettytyrant101
23 posters

Page 22 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next

Go down

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [2] - Page 22 Empty Re: Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [2]

Post by Eldorion Fri Oct 11, 2013 3:02 am

Wonderful woods and stream, Sin! Very Happy I recall being awed by the trees and water when I was younger, although I later realized that most of the stuff around me was just the tiny fragments left behind after the suburban tendrils made their way through here. Razz There are some nice parks not too far from where I love that I enjoy visiting too, but to get anywhere that's even sort of "wild" requires a fair bit of driving.

I assume those pics are from near where you live? You're really lucky if so. Very Happy
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [2] - Page 22 Empty Re: Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [2]

Post by Sinister71 Fri Oct 11, 2013 3:52 am

yeah they are my dad's woods he owns about 400 acres of land. When I was a kid I was never home cause I was out in the woods having fun.

Suspect  NEVERMIND I'LL BE OVER HERE KEEPING MY MOUTH SHUT Suspect
Sinister71
Sinister71
Stinging Fly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sinister71 Fri Oct 11, 2013 4:04 am

[img]Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [2] - Page 22 100_1616[/img]

[img]Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [2] - Page 22 100_1710[/img]

Sinister71
Sinister71
Stinging Fly

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Fri Oct 11, 2013 9:15 am

they look great sin!
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Oct 11, 2013 9:18 am

Very nice indeed Sin, that last one in particular is a cracking pic.

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Fri Oct 11, 2013 9:35 am

i really am tempted to go and edit the colours and stuff, to make them even more vibrant.
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Fri Oct 11, 2013 9:39 am

First attempt. 
Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [2] - Page 22 Forest10
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Oct 11, 2013 9:48 am

Nice- you up the contrast? Gives it even more depth.

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Fri Oct 11, 2013 11:14 am

yeah, contrast, exposure and colours, and i added a small hint of filter to give it some warmth Smile
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Fri Oct 11, 2013 2:51 pm

Make those rows of trees just a little denser and add a pitch black night and they're a a pain in the ass to walk through Mad There are woods like that in a county in Norway where we were on an excercise once, horrible place Laughing

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [2] - Page 22 Man-in-black
Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Fri Oct 11, 2013 4:23 pm

I have absolutely no idea what ur talking about Very Happy
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Fri Oct 11, 2013 4:43 pm

great photos Sin I like the river ones too. Very Happy 
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Sinister71 Tue Oct 15, 2013 4:51 am

Thanks everyone... Your revisions look great Norc. Believe it or not if you catch it in the right light your altered pic is perfect compared to the real thing.

Those pics are just a small sample of the area I grew up in :carrot: 

Sinister71
Sinister71
Stinging Fly

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Tue Oct 15, 2013 6:47 am

yes, i believe you sin Very Happy i think the light was a bit unfair to u and your forest Smile
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:34 pm

For once I can post a picture I took in the "places that look nice" thread. Very Happy This was taken in Elk Neck State Park looking over the upper Chesapeake Bay. I didn't think it would turn out cause all I had was my crappy phone camera but I took two photos and was rather pleased with this one.

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [2] - Page 22 1381735_4996710654468_1010144744_n
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Thu Oct 24, 2013 11:09 pm

Sin, your woods are what kids should be growing up in, but too few are. Back around 1850 some folks had the idea that planting a big park in the middle of Manhattan would have a civilizing influence. If anyone removed Central Park now, the city would explode.

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Thu Oct 24, 2013 11:23 pm

Eldorion wrote:For once I can post a picture I took in the "places that look nice" thread. :DThis was taken in Elk Neck State Park looking over the upper Chesapeake Bay.  I didn't think it would turn out cause all I had was my crappy phone camera but I took two photos and was rather pleased with this one.

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [2] - Page 22 1381735_4996710654468_1010144744_n
I like that, its very atmospheric Very Happy 
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Sinister71 Fri Oct 25, 2013 1:36 am

really cool pic Eldo

Sinister71
Sinister71
Stinging Fly

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Fri Oct 25, 2013 3:33 am

Thanks a bunch, guys! The pic is from my camping trip last weekend. I didn't take many photos, although it's a really pretty area, but when I saw the sun coming through the clouds like that I wanted to try to capture it. Smile

NB Mrs Figg, stuff like this is part of the reason why I like going camping. I don't get to see the Bay (or Ocean, since we sometimes go camping near that) regularly otherwise. Razz
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Lancebloke Fri Oct 25, 2013 7:33 am

Very nice!

Reminds me of this picture I took a while back looking out over the Pacific.

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [2] - Page 22 CIMG0170-1
Lancebloke
Lancebloke
Tamer and master of Large Metallic Fell Beasts

http://www.lancebloke.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Fri Oct 25, 2013 8:19 am

Damn, that's incredible, Lance! Shocked Even more so that you were able to get such quality through a tiny little airplane window (presumably). Very Happy
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Lancebloke Fri Oct 25, 2013 8:32 am

I was in a little seaplane so the windows were quite big. Was just lucky to be there at the time to get the clouds and reflections in the right place.
Lancebloke
Lancebloke
Tamer and master of Large Metallic Fell Beasts

http://www.lancebloke.com

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Wed Nov 13, 2013 3:56 am

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [2] - Page 22 181257_621794887833151_509961498_n

Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:24 am

Shocked Holy crap!

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:17 pm

oh dear vertigo! Shocked 
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next