Preparing Norc, no, Eldo for a life of college debauchery. Though it won't exactly be college; the grad school version of debauchery being far more refined.

+14
Ringdrotten
Forest Shepherd
Bluebottle
Amarië
azriel
Mrs Figg
CC12 35
MeikoElektra
David H
Tinuviel
Pettytyrant101
Eldorion
halfwise
Norc
18 posters

Page 11 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

Preparing Norc, no, Eldo for a life of college debauchery. Though it won't exactly be college; the grad school version of debauchery being far more refined. - Page 11 Empty Re: Preparing Norc, no, Eldo for a life of college debauchery. Though it won't exactly be college; the grad school version of debauchery being far more refined.

Post by Forest Shepherd Fri May 11, 2018 3:23 am

What is a høgskole?

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd
The Honorable Lord Gets-Banned-a-lot of Forumshire

Back to top Go down

Preparing Norc, no, Eldo for a life of college debauchery. Though it won't exactly be college; the grad school version of debauchery being far more refined. - Page 11 Empty Re: Preparing Norc, no, Eldo for a life of college debauchery. Though it won't exactly be college; the grad school version of debauchery being far more refined.

Post by Eldorion Fri May 11, 2018 4:57 am

Norc wrote:nope that's the one. it fused with a lot more colleges (? høgskole) but yeah i am at fucking uni omg..

I hear Fucking University is hard to get into...
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Fri May 11, 2018 5:08 am

I know there's a perfect response to that just struggling to break free...

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Fri May 11, 2018 1:35 pm

Forest Shepherd wrote:What is a høgskole?

i don't know what to compare it to.. it's not quite university, often more practically, profession, oriented like teaching etc.. but now everything here is being turned into universities, so they're disappearing.
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Fri May 11, 2018 1:36 pm

Eldorion wrote:
Norc wrote:nope that's the one. it fused with a lot more colleges (? høgskole) but yeah i am at fucking uni omg..

it's easy peasy if you know the right people and what to do with them .. Cool
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Fri May 11, 2018 2:09 pm

Norc wrote:

i don't know what to compare it to.. it's not quite university, often more practically, profession, oriented like teaching etc.. but now everything here is being turned into universities, so they're disappearing.

you mean like Polytechnics?
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Fri May 11, 2018 2:13 pm

Norc wrote:
Eldorion wrote:

one shudders to think, ok does it involve Herrings and Yodelling? pale affraid silent
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Fri May 11, 2018 2:27 pm

Mrs Figg wrote:
Norc wrote:

you mean like Polytechnics?

i don't know how to explain it since i don't know the educatinal system elsewhere.. it's like uni but not quite and yet kinda the same.
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Fri May 11, 2018 2:27 pm

Mrs Figg wrote:
Norc wrote:
Eldorion wrote:

one shudders to think, ok does it involve Herrings and Yodelling? pale affraid silent  

both. simultaniously.
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Fri May 11, 2018 4:13 pm

I'd say the herring and yodelling is more down to personal taste. Shrugging

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Fri May 11, 2018 6:53 pm

I think in my days at høgskole the correct(est) translation was college university. Which I am certain clarifies the whole thing. Razz

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."
-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Fri May 11, 2018 8:13 pm

"Hogskole" is suspiciously close to "Hogwarts". Just sayin'.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sat May 12, 2018 3:06 am

The closest American analogy to høgskolen in terms of their overall purpose would be community college or perhaps a small non-research focused satellite campus of a state university system since they have the ability to grant Bachelor's degrees.
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Sat May 12, 2018 6:06 pm

Okay, so not a trade-school then.

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd
The Honorable Lord Gets-Banned-a-lot of Forumshire

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Sat May 12, 2018 8:02 pm

Yes that university, NTNU, is mostly known as a well-respected natural science university, but they also have a humanities faculty way out in the sticks. Not as well-known or well-respected, but then academia in Norway is mostly known for natural sciences, and not so much for the humanities. Shrugging

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Sun May 13, 2018 2:27 pm

when you are at the end of your exam paper... having worked on it for aproxomately a week and having 20 hours left ... and realizing... it's not that good... and... i don't know if i can or can be bothered fixing it..
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Sun May 13, 2018 3:11 pm

hey, I just spent 2.5 weeks working on a grant proposal, only to have someone else look it over and tell me what crap it was and I'd be safer not submitting it at all.

but you ain't got that choice, so take 6 hours break, then dive in with semi fresh eyes and fix anything you can.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Sun May 13, 2018 4:19 pm

Take a break & re look at what you've done. Maybe its the "rabbit in the headlights" moment ? Walk away & you will see things differently after a good break, then you'll know if & what to change I love you

Preparing Norc, no, Eldo for a life of college debauchery. Though it won't exactly be college; the grad school version of debauchery being far more refined. - Page 11 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

Preparing Norc, no, Eldo for a life of college debauchery. Though it won't exactly be college; the grad school version of debauchery being far more refined. - Page 11 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Tue May 15, 2018 5:26 pm

i had almost forgotten how good you people are <3 i ended up just handing it in and hoping for the best though..
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Wed May 16, 2018 12:47 am

I know that feeling. Razz Fingers crossed for you, Norc! Smile
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Thu May 17, 2018 12:56 am

Yes, and don't overly give in to self judgement, Nora.

I finished my Master today, with an A, and I had plenty of doubts along the way..

Damn, sounds almost a haiku Shocked

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Thu May 17, 2018 1:40 am

Congrats, Blue! cheers Awesome news. Nod
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Thu May 17, 2018 2:50 am

Master Blue! (better than Master Bates)

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Thu May 17, 2018 5:06 pm

Congratulations Blue ! flower
( very funny Halfy Laughing )

Preparing Norc, no, Eldo for a life of college debauchery. Though it won't exactly be college; the grad school version of debauchery being far more refined. - Page 11 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

Preparing Norc, no, Eldo for a life of college debauchery. Though it won't exactly be college; the grad school version of debauchery being far more refined. - Page 11 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Sat May 19, 2018 12:02 am

Thanks guys, having put a lot of myself in it, the feedback was very welcome. Smile

Not really sure what I am supposed to do now though Shocked

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next