Go down

Hannah and Ethel - Page 2 Empty Re: Hannah and Ethel

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue May 15, 2012 4:42 pm

Def want to see your illustrations for this Norc. Nod

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Tue May 15, 2012 4:43 pm

well if someone in the story turns up looking like Viggo we will know its Ally. Wink
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Tue May 15, 2012 7:41 pm

Hannah and Ethel - Page 2 Hannah10
Hannah and Ethel - Page 2 Ethelf10
Hannah and Ethel - Page 2 Eversm10

I couldn't remember what colours Ethel's cloth were and I had limited colour-pencils so his hair is yellow, but I think most of the colouring is correct.
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Tue May 15, 2012 7:51 pm

Hannah and Ethel - Page 2 Grineler
Brilliant!

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."
-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Tue May 15, 2012 10:09 pm

I love the picture of Hannah, she is so expressive, the way she is standing like little girls do is amazing, you really have a unique talent, I could see you illustrating kids books.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue May 15, 2012 10:10 pm

Brillaint Norc- as Mrs Figg points out you have a wonderful knack for capturing personlaities through poses. You are a natural illustrator.

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Tue May 15, 2012 11:24 pm

ooooh ^^ thank you guys Kissing <3
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Ally Thu May 17, 2012 4:47 pm

Amarië wrote:I'll guess Ally.

HAHAHAHA, GOOD ONE!!!! Razz

Norc wrote:Hannah and Ethel - Page 2 Hannah10
Hannah and Ethel - Page 2 Ethelf10
Hannah and Ethel - Page 2 Eversm10

I couldn't remember what colours Ethel's cloth were and I had limited colour-pencils so his hair is yellow, but I think most of the colouring is correct.

Gorgeous Nod

Ally
Wannabe Beard

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Fri May 18, 2012 1:25 am

Yep.. very good --- and Hannah's my favorite too. Very Happy

Orwell
Dark Presence with Gilt Edge

Back to top Go down

Post by Another anon-author Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:17 pm

I am so very sorry for the delay guys... I actually have a very good plot. Is anyone interested in the rest? I promise I'll start writing if at least one is interested! ;)
Another anon-author
Another anon-author
Shireling

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:20 pm

I believe you, please for the love of God start writing!
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:14 pm

yes please continue, I am interested too. Very Happy
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Another anon-author Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:47 pm

CHAPTER TWO

“Hannah! Hannah! Wake up! Wake up!”
I pulled the blanket over my head, hoping that the voice would go away.
“Wake up, up! I said-“ she pulled the blanket away, “WAKE UP!”
“SHUT UP!” I shouted back. Feathers stood beside my bed smiling, if you can call it a smile (she did have a beak). “I have loads of important plans for today, Hannah, loads of important plans!”
“Go away, I haven’t fallen asleep yet.” I said, because it didn’t feel like I had slept at all.
“Oh yes, you have! Yes, you have. Get up, get up!” she continued to cackle. It didn’t seem that I had much of a choice.
I ate and got dressed, and then she brought me out on the road.
“What are we doing out her?” I asked.
“The King gave me the responsibility to tell you and make you understand our issues. Understand our issues. Tell you, yes. Show you also.” She cackled like a hen and words just poured out. But I understood that she was going to show me something.
“But we can’t be seen, can’t be seen, no. That will be an obstacle, yeah, an obstacle.”
She took out two purple and green dotted eggs out of her pocket and cracked one of them on my head. It felt like cold water was running down over me and like I had pins and needles in my whole body. I shrugged and tried to scream (it was so cold), but my lips wouldn’t move the way I wanted them to. “What on earth was that?” I asked when I got my voice back. “These,” she said proudly, “these are my invisibility eggs, yeah, invisibility eggs.” I still didn’t get it.
“Look.” Feathers said and cracked the other one over her and like water running down she slowly disappeared. I was speechless, that was totally awesome. I looked down at my hands, but they were gone. My whole body was gone. I tried waving my hand and when I did so, there was a slight disturbance of the air. Like a mirage.
“Common, Hannah, follow me!”
“But I can’t see you!” She didn’t reply but suddenly I was surrounded by invisible feathers and I was lifted up.
“What the bloody-“ but my sentence remained unfinished as I felt all my intestines becoming heavy as I was lifted high up in the air. The ground below me soon looked like a village of ants with a big sandcastle in the far end of it. I clung onto Feathers as hard as I could. I thinks she said something to me, but the air was so loud in my ears I couldn’t hear her. I wasn’t scared though. This was more fun than any rollercoaster I’d ever tried. All around me were steep, dramatic mountains. They reached high up into heavy clouds and I couldn’t tell how tall they were. I could see that this place was a very dead place. No living trees, just crippled hedges and dead roots clinging on to the dry sand. Some places there were grass, but it was yellow and dead. All over there was rocks, black, pointy rocks. The mountain sides were full of them. The cold winter had cracked and torn the mountain apart in huge screes. It was a death trap. I could see rivers running down the mountainside, foaming and wild. I wondered…
“CAN YOU FLY NEARER THE MOUNTAINS?” I couldn’t hear her answer but she turned and we soon were but metres away from the mountain. Everything was damp and slippery, even I, because of the fog that lay thick around us and shut away the sun. I let go of Feathers and held my arms out, pretending that I was the one who was flying, and closed my eyes. I could feel every single drop of water hitting my face and the raging waterfalls nearly reaching me when we past them. I yelled out in excitement. I leaned forward and draped my arms around her.
“HOW FAST CAN YOU GO?” With great acceleration she dived and I could feel how the forces were holding my body back. My ears were hammering with the sudden change of air pressure and I realised that in less than three seconds we had gone from the top of the mountains to a few feet above ground. I was tempted to jump of, because that would be cool, but the speed was still immense and that would have been lethal. I reached down and felt the dry grass whipping my hand as we swooped by. “This is amazing” was what I intended to say, but as I looked up, what came out was “oh, fuck!”
Another anon-author
Another anon-author
Shireling

Back to top Go down

Post by Another anon-author Tue Jun 19, 2012 4:02 pm

as you may have noticed, I have some sort of book over now thanks to your lovely Norc. You should be very gratefull to have her alongside you.
Another anon-author
Another anon-author
Shireling

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Tue Jun 19, 2012 4:05 pm

Another anon-author wrote:as you may have noticed, I have some sort of book over now thanks to your lovely Norc. You should be very gratefull to have her alongside you.
Hannah and Ethel - Page 2 Tumblr_m3w9ztKpLp1qhp74a
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Another anon-author Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:36 pm

just to clarify something. I know, I should have gotten to this sometime ago, describing Hannah's looks. As Norc has drawn her, she is a young girl, but I don't want you to think of her as very little. She is 14-15 years old, though she looks much younger. I should have addressed this earlier, but you kind of don't need to know that, because you create yourself an image of her, but since Norc drew her, I think it is fair to point out her age.

Last edited by Another anon-author on Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Another anon-author
Another anon-author
Shireling

Back to top Go down

Post by Another anon-author Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:42 pm

We tumbled head over heels for several feet before we finally stopped. Why do I always crash land? Something warm was running from my nose. Blood. I felt around on my body and soon came to the conclusion that apart from the nosebleed I wasn’t too severely injured. The invisibility had come off. Feathers was not far away. I ran towards her, hoping she was all right.
“Feathers?” I bend over her. She was a mess, but she was breathing.
“Are you okay?” she opened her eyes and looked at me.
“yeah,” she sat up, clearly in pain. “What did we hit?”
“I think we hit someone.”
“someone?”
“yes.”
“Who?”
“I don’t know. He’s gone now. It looked like a human. I mean, it wasn’t like.. you know.” Her eyes widened. “We’re not invisible anymore! oh, shit!” she got up and looked around. “I hope we didn’t kill him or else we’ll never find him. “ She ran around the best she could, limping a bit, and searched the ground around her as if she as blind.
“What do you mean we’ll never find him?”
“When we crashed the invisibility went over to him. If he’s dead, we’ll never ever find him.” Oh, poor fellow.
“are you okay!?” It was probably best that I too started looking for him. I hope he was just knocked out. “Are you out there somewhere? Hello!?” Wait. I heard something. Someone groaned.
“Hello? Where are you?” I tried to figure out the direction of the sound. “are you okay?”
“….aaah.. what in the name of all the daisies in the world hit me.” He talked!
“Where are you?”
“I don’t know, I’m… I’m.. WHERE’S MY BODY?!” He was somewhere near, but all I could see was grass and sand and Feathers, who now was poking around with a stick. Her stick suddenly poked the thin air it seemed.
“Found him.” Then she lifted the stick high over her head, aimed and knocked the man hard over the head and he was visible again.
“Ethel!” He had bruises and several bleeding cuts on his arms and face. His hair was just a chaos of dirt and grass. “Oh my god, I’m so sorry!”
“What the hell was that!?” then he clasped his hand over his mouth. “I mean, WHAT WAS THAT! YOU COULD HAVE KILLED ME!” It was such a relief to see him alive so I ran up to him and hugged him.
“ouch,” he flinched. “my ribs.”
“I’m so sorry.” I felt so bad for him. I knew it wasn’t really my fault, it was Feathers who crashed.
“It’s okay. You’re forgiven.” I smiled and he smiled back. Feathers burst out laughing.
“No, wait, it’s not okay,” he turned to Feathers, “stop laughing, crackpot.”
“But you’re looking so miserable” she laughed and held over her stomach.
“YOU COULD HAVE BLOODY KILLED ME!” Ethel tried to get up, but it seemed that there weren’t just some bruised ribs. With his face tightened in pain he sat down.
“But no one was killed, so let us just not do this here.” I said and examined Ethel’s injuries. “First of all, we need to clean these wounds and get this leg in splints. Can you go and find some decent sticks, Feathers?” She was crooked in laughter. “now, please.” She nodded and trotted, still laughing, off. I glanced at Ethel and he smiled gratefully. His leg was clearly broken so I left that alone and waited for Feathers. I found some water in the bag and I ripped my t-shirt apart to have some cloth. I dampened it and tried to clean the wounds. Every time he recoiled in agony, but he let me do it. I knew how to do this. Many times I myself had needed to be stitched back together again.
“I need to look at those bruises on your ribs.” He nodded.
“Yes, of course.” He politely helped me get of the poncho, though it caused him a lot of pain to do so. I suddenly felt embarrassed. Ethel laughed, but soon stopped as it hurt, so he just smiled at me. I wish he didn’t because I was probably blushing.
“well,” I tried to sound like a doctor, “the bruises aren’t that bad.” Neither was his abs.. I smiled nervously. I hope he didn’t notice my staring.
“Here are some sticks, sticks, yes.” I jumped. “are they okay? Are they?” I was taken aback but I cleared my throat and said: “Yes, yes they are fine.” Very fine indeed.
Another anon-author
Another anon-author
Shireling

Back to top Go down

Post by Another anon-author Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:51 pm

((one of you have actually guessed correctly.))
Another anon-author
Another anon-author
Shireling

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Thu Jun 21, 2012 12:04 am

I really like your book cover its cool, and your story is coming along nicely, I like the way you described the excitement of flying. Very Happy
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Wed Jul 10, 2013 2:40 pm

oh for fuck sake... shall i bother continue this?? all in favour say aye!
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Wed Jul 10, 2013 5:22 pm

aye
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Jul 10, 2013 5:35 pm

Aye!!!

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Wed Jul 10, 2013 6:44 pm

eya
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:43 pm

Aye !

Hannah and Ethel - Page 2 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

Hannah and Ethel - Page 2 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Thu Jul 11, 2013 1:00 am

Aye... I think... Suspect 

Orwell
Dark Presence with Gilt Edge

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum