Eldorion
Pettytyrant101
Orwell
Norc
Amarië
17 posters

Page 21 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down

Fjordlandia Viking bar & kaffistove, main str. 221B, Needlehole - Page 21 Empty Re: Fjordlandia Viking bar & kaffistove, main str. 221B, Needlehole

Post by Norc Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:16 pm

erm.. it was a bear right, a real bear? or.. i can't remember..
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Fjordlandia Viking bar & kaffistove, main str. 221B, Needlehole - Page 21 Empty Re: Fjordlandia Viking bar & kaffistove, main str. 221B, Needlehole

Post by David H Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:22 pm

It was supposed to be a real bear, but it looks more like an old bear rug stitched over a fake body. It shows especially when the legs flop as they carry it.

I know I'm getting as persnickity as Petty, but for me it suddenly looked like nothing more than a giant teddy bear, and it made it harder for me to believe in the trolls.
David H
David H
Horsemaster, Fighting Bears in the Pacific Northwest

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Sat Mar 30, 2013 12:52 am

I saw "Troll Hunter" & I liked it, I really like weird stuff, & Scandi weird stuff fits the bill. I watched "Rare Exports", thats weird & Scandi also. "Let the right one in" is a vampire film, atmospheric & Swedish, Theres actually quite a bit of good films coming out from Scandinavia !

Fjordlandia Viking bar & kaffistove, main str. 221B, Needlehole - Page 21 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

Fjordlandia Viking bar & kaffistove, main str. 221B, Needlehole - Page 21 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:46 am

i can't remember the bear, but yes, it's hard to find a real dead bear x) i was probably annoyed by it too.

i think i know what films you mean, though i am not sure i have seen them, maybe Rare Exports, but i am not too sure.

btw, has anyone seen Max Manus or Kon Tiki (our biggest pride)?
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Sat Mar 30, 2013 12:30 pm

Ive seen "Max Manus", got it in my collection somewhere, only watched it once though. Il look out for "Kon Tiki", thanks Norc.

Fjordlandia Viking bar & kaffistove, main str. 221B, Needlehole - Page 21 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

Fjordlandia Viking bar & kaffistove, main str. 221B, Needlehole - Page 21 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Sat Mar 30, 2013 12:34 pm

Had a look on IMDB & the trailer looks good ! I know OF the story but not seen a film of it.

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Sat Mar 30, 2013 1:28 pm

i haven't seen Kon Tiki either, but Max Manus was great Very Happy
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Sat Mar 30, 2013 1:29 pm

based on a true story Wink
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Sat Mar 30, 2013 4:19 pm

Sure was Norc, dug the film out this afternoon, brilliant film, sheer bravery in a time of sheer terror. Nod

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Sat Mar 30, 2013 4:24 pm

Nod and the actor is such a great actor Smile
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Sat Mar 30, 2013 4:25 pm

Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Sat Mar 30, 2013 4:41 pm

The scene were the two blonde guys are in the coffee shop, one shoots the bald guy sitting with them & then the Germans charge thru,firing, sticks in my mind. The guy that plays Max IS good, Nod

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Sat Mar 30, 2013 4:45 pm

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Sat Mar 30, 2013 6:39 pm

i need to rewatch the movie Razz i remember i saw it like three times when i bought the movie, it was great.
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Sat Mar 30, 2013 6:42 pm

azriel wrote:

haven't seen this movie, but omg it looks great. I've heard about it though. It's finnish, but it's filmed just around two-three hours drive away from where i live Razz
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:13 pm

Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:32 pm

Fjordlandia Viking bar & kaffistove, main str. 221B, Needlehole - Page 21 61565_10200970377569613_697809900_n
i am actually trying to teach you norwegian here. you're welcome.
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:44 pm

I saw that Finnish film, it freaked me out, it looked like they hated Santa, if somebody can explain why Santa was the baddie?
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:24 am

Hold on a sec Norc- I think I have got confused somehwere on the whole language thing- Fjordians speak a different language than the one you write in? scratch Is that right?

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:59 am

Pettytyrant101 wrote:Hold on a sec Norc- I think I have got confused somehwere on the whole language thing- Fjordians speak a different language than the one you write in? scratch Is that right?

And how is that different than Glasgow? Suspect
David H
David H
Horsemaster, Fighting Bears in the Pacific Northwest

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:05 am

Laughing now you're getting it.
(bad) example. i am called Nora(there's a verb for being named which doesn't exist in the english language, but does in german ich heiße, looks the same because it comes from german during the hansa-time Smile )

nynorsk.
Eg heiter Nora
pronounced.. more or less the same.

Bokmål:
Jeg heter Nora
pronounced....jei

dialect:
Æ hete Nora
pronounced the awesomest way imagenable Very Happy
(+a hundred different forms)

my name is Nora would be:
nynorsk:
namnet mitt er Nora

bomål
mitt navn er Nora

dialect:
navne mitt e Nora.

freaking ridiculous. i bet amarië is better at explaining this, she has a more.. weirder dialect than me x) i think.
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:10 am

btw, the video is so cute, but it's nice to get an outside view on that shit.

also, funfact. swedish, although it has a lot of different words (e.g. from french) and some just meaning different, when you look at the main structure of a sentece, it's not more different than norwegian dialects.
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:15 pm

Norc wrote:

I so love love love when he says "Ivar Aasen" it sounds almost like "Ivar Awesome". I love you
He and Tolkien would have been best of friends (assuming Ivar spoke English and the two actually met).

The Nynorsk version of Lord of the Rings - Ringdrotten is very enjoyable. The elves speak Ivar Aasens Landsmaal from 1864- the original version on Nynorsk, the Hobbits use a country dialect and so on. It is fantastic.

In my dialect I'd say "Ej (ey) heite Amarië".

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."
-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:42 pm

i met a real nynorsk enthusiast. she'd read ringdrotten. once in the future i'de like to read that too Smile i tried the hobbit, but it was a bit too much. politically i am all for nynorsk, though i haven't been tought up to write it from like first grade, so in reality i, not hate it, but i find it a bit harder than bokmål (although, i am top in my class Wink )
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:59 pm

"Ringdrotten" (the book that is Smile ) is the best thing to ever happen to the Norwegian language and Norwegian Tolkien fans Nod

Fjordlandia Viking bar & kaffistove, main str. 221B, Needlehole - Page 21 Man-in-black
Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next