Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice.

+26
yooper
Lancebloke
halfwise
David H
Norc
Mirabella
Diamond Banks
Mrs Figg
Beren
Lorient Avandi
Amarië
Anne
janesmith
Orwell
chris63
Baingil
Biffo Banks
Tinuviel
Kafria
Saradoc
odo banks
Ally
Squach
Ringdrotten
Eldorion
Pettytyrant101
30 posters

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. - Page 20 Empty Re: Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice.

Post by Mrs Figg Thu May 17, 2012 9:54 pm

what a load of nitpickers! Mad
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. - Page 20 Empty Re: Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice.

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu May 17, 2012 9:59 pm

The whole point of illustration Mrs Figg is to illustrate the TEXT- otherwise you end up with PJ! Shocked

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Thu May 17, 2012 10:11 pm

Well the TEXT doesnt say exactly what their facial features looked like, the TEXT says they were fair or grim or noble, so its pretty much subjective and open to interpretation. If you nit pickers can do better i will be happy to see your interpretations. Suspect
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Thu May 17, 2012 10:18 pm

You didn't see me complaining about most of them, as they fit in nearly enough with my view of things. Just a few jarring things. Faramir should have a far away look in his eyes, and Frodo should look kind of...um...boring. Not that I particularly appreciated the main character of the book being so bland, but I would never have guessed that was Frodo.

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu May 17, 2012 10:20 pm

Actually some characters Mrs Figg are quite vividly described- the description, or part of it, for Denethor for example reads; 'Pippin saw his carven face with its proud bones and skin like ivory, and the long curved nose between the dark eyes'.
But Tolkien rarely describes people in one sitting as it were, you get little details throghout that build up the picture. For examle we learn in a later passage he looks older than Gandalf and more beautiful.

Halfwise- agree on the Frodo its my least favourite- although he does have the chin as Gandalfs describes it to Butterbur. I love his leves, seem pretty spot on to me-impossible to put an age on them. And particularly like the Smaug- looks intelligent but arrogant and proud- my cats lie not unlike that when they have caught and killed something and are sitting with it, head high- showing off almost.

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Thu May 17, 2012 10:42 pm

Mrs Figg wrote:what a load of nitpickers! Mad
Only the very best art is worthy of nitpicking, Mrs Fig Nod
David H
David H
Horsemaster, Fighting Bears in the Pacific Northwest

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Thu May 17, 2012 10:46 pm

I see you fixed Frodo, Mrs Figg. Thank you, it was bothering me.

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Thu May 17, 2012 10:50 pm

well who am I to offend delicate sensibilities? and here was me thinking the drawings would give folk pleasure, silly me. Shocked
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu May 17, 2012 11:09 pm

Not only pleasure Mrs Figg but several pages of post- thats a win that is, so dont go in a sulk- I love 90% of these which is why I asked who the artist was- so I could go look up more of their work.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Thu May 17, 2012 11:26 pm

ain't sulkin Suspect
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu May 17, 2012 11:27 pm

Of course not {{{ Nod }}} but just have a buckie, just in case. And enjoy the lovely pictures.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Thu May 17, 2012 11:53 pm

you changed Frodo? but I wanna see it!
i liked the drawings, I think they were looking much like the characters.
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Thu May 17, 2012 11:54 pm

((((Halfwise and Petty are just being picky))))))
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Fri May 18, 2012 7:30 am

Mrs Figg wrote:The artist is Donato Giancola, one of my favourites.

And now one of mine too! Very Happy Fantastic drawings.
Ignore the boys, they are... well... idiots.

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."
-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Fri May 18, 2012 1:40 pm

thanks Amarie, Norc, and Dave I am glad you like them, its just another version of the characters, as valid as Howe, Lee, Naysmith and all the other interpreters of Tolkien, Donato is italo-American so perhaps thats why his models are a bit less anglo saxon looking than we are used to.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Fri May 18, 2012 1:53 pm

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. - Page 20 Bilbo-sting
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Fri May 18, 2012 1:54 pm

oooh! Bilbo and the spiders Very Happy
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Fri May 18, 2012 1:54 pm

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. - Page 20 Entmoot
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Fri May 18, 2012 1:57 pm

The moment the witch king shatters Eowyns shield and arm, I have never seen this moment drawn before

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. - Page 20 Eowyn-shieldblow
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Fri May 18, 2012 1:59 pm

These drawings are just amazing, I mean, the motion in them and how he/she uses the white pencils to highlight and oooh.. I love it Very Happy
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Fri May 18, 2012 2:02 pm

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. - Page 20 Huntingorcs
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Fri May 18, 2012 2:04 pm

is that like... legolas *u*
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Fri May 18, 2012 2:04 pm

Frodo and Sam in the tower

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. - Page 20 Towerofcirthungol_whip
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Fri May 18, 2012 2:06 pm

The White Rider

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. - Page 20 Gandalf_helmsdeep_donato
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Fri May 18, 2012 2:08 pm

Naked frodo Very Happy ((I was looking forward to that...))

and the Gandalf ... it looks so real and it isn't in colours!

Last edited by Norc on Fri May 18, 2012 2:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next