Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice.

+26
yooper
Lancebloke
halfwise
David H
Norc
Mirabella
Diamond Banks
Mrs Figg
Beren
Lorient Avandi
Amariƫ
Anne
janesmith
Orwell
chris63
Baingil
Biffo Banks
Tinuviel
Kafria
Saradoc
odo banks
Ally
Squach
Ringdrotten
Eldorion
Pettytyrant101
30 posters

Page 10 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 25 ... 40  Next

Go down

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. - Page 10 Empty Re: Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice.

Post by Anne Wed Nov 09, 2011 5:54 am

I thought I had got to the point of understanding how encryption spells work! Then Ringdroten and Eldorion show signs they can read between the encyptions? I'm sure I can't! What were Petty and Orwell talking about? And what Magic Powers have you got Ringdrotten and Eldorion? What is the joke about the flower? And "well played"? Whatever is going on?

Clue-finder

Back to top Go down

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. - Page 10 Empty Re: Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice.

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:17 am

I think when the Admin is away for some reason the encryption spells get weaker Anne, something to do with the Tower of Lore being unoccupied perhaps?
But now Eldo is back I expect encryption spells to be back to full power (except obviously for Royal perogative and that weird contraption Baingil has- no not Eldo, Wink her decrypt thingy!)

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by odo banks Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:24 am

I suspect Ringrotten and Eldo are Peeping Tom's. They're unrespectable types, Anne. Rolling Eyes

Respectable Hobbit of Needlehole

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:52 am

Wasn't it Ringdrotten and Ally? Not that I'd be one to cast asparguses about the place Odo but could it be your shifting the blame onto poor Eldo here to avoid putting it on the Banks family favourite Ally? Suspect She may be cool, she may even now technically be called an adult, but she's still a scamp!

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:01 am

No reason for this or excuse really beyond being quite chuffed with how it turned out.

[img]Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. - Page 10 Autumnlakeside[/img]

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by odo banks Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:08 am

Pettytyrant101 wrote:Wasn't it Ringdrotten and Ally? Not that I'd be one to cast asparguses about the place Odo but could it be your shifting the blame onto poor Eldo here to avoid putting it on the Banks family favourite Ally? Suspect She may be cool, she may even now technically be called an adult, but she's still a scamp!

I say without any bias, a delightful scamp. Very Happy

Nice pic btw -- for a McTyrant.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kafria Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:37 pm

Love the piccy!!

Can I go there?

Please?

Pretty Please?

Come on there must be some way to get me into the picture. Where is Mary poppins when I need her?

'A novel is a long piece of prose with ,in the eyes of the author at least, something wrong with it - Neil Gaiman, intro to American gods
Kafria
Kafria
Lady of Dale

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:20 pm

I thought you were Mary Poppins! Shocked (Not that alter ego of yours, mind, who seems very down to earth. Very Happy )

Orwell
Dark Presence with Gilt Edge

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Nov 10, 2011 4:08 am

Another pic for you to want to hop into Kafria. With a proper Lord of the Rings theme this time. The Old Forset Hill.

[img]Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. - Page 10 Oldforesthill[/img]

'Before them, but some distance off there stood a green hill top. Treeless, rising like a bald head out of the encircling wood......the wood stood all round the hill like thick hair that ended sharply in a circle around the shaven crown.....the air was gleaming and sunlit but hazy, and they couldn't see to any great distance....and to the south of them out of a deep fold cutting right across the forest the fog still rose like steam or wisps of white smoke. "That," said Merry pointing with his hand, "is the line of the Withywindle."....the others looked in the direction he pointed out but could see little but mists...beyond it the southern half of the forest faded from view."

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Thu Nov 10, 2011 5:52 am

Now, if PJ had read LotR and also seen your picture, Petty, I'm sure he could have put in The Old Forest - and Old Man Willow - and Tom and Goldberry --- and the Barrow-wights -- a continuum of wonderful cinema promted by Tolkien's description and your picture! Very Happy

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Nov 10, 2011 2:34 pm

Its true Orwell, and I blame myself, had I only known I could have stopped PJ before he began.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:32 pm

No excuses, Petty! Mad Once you've finished my video, I want you to invent a Time Machine and return to a certain year and either (1) give PJ your picture, or (2) respond to comment sense and assassinate PJ (as we know he wouldn't have listened to reason).

{{{You could invent a Time Machine first, but rumour has it that there isn't an Orwell video in the future - just saying what was rumoured, mind. Sad }}}

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:34 pm

{{{{There's almost one in the present-but, umm, well been meaning to tell you this for a bit, um, it's not one to the song you were expecting...}}}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:35 pm

Mmm... I was never totally sure which song it was anyhow.... scratch

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:37 pm

Well that's ok then- its exactly the one its meant to be then- good, good.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:44 pm

You mean it is Black Akubra, afterall! Very Happy (Not "totally" sure, I meant!)

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:46 pm

Ah bugger. Um it was, but thats a definite and delibrate use of past tense there.....

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:55 pm

That's cool. Frankly, I'd be happy with any sign of life! Very Happy

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Nov 12, 2011 9:36 pm

Some pics my cousin took today whilst visiting the island of Arran just off the coast.

[img]Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. - Page 10 315080_1980439805667_1683336677_1457623_1942192713_n[/img]

[img]Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. - Page 10 315080_1980439885669_1683336677_1457625_1761892113_n[/img]

[img]Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. - Page 10 299862_1980462446233_1683336677_1457651_1382559833_n[/img]

[img]Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. - Page 10 315080_1980439765666_1683336677_1457622_2101606801_n[/img]

[img]Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. - Page 10 299862_1980462566236_1683336677_1457654_338478036_n[/img]

[img]Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. - Page 10 299862_1980462526235_1683336677_1457653_2126140395_n[/img]

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Mon Nov 14, 2011 5:56 am

Gorgeous pictures. Out of curiosity, what sort of camera(s) do you and your friends/family use to get pictures like these? I was trying to take some photos earlier (see the new thread in Off-Topic Very Happy) earlier today, but all I had was my cell phone. The camera on mine is fairly good, but it's nothing like a real, high-quality camera, and I was a bit frustrated with how several of the pictures turned out.
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by odo banks Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:19 am

I thought they were postcards. Shocked

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:53 am

I've no idea what sort of camera my cousin used for the Arran pics Eldo. I shall ask him. The ones I normally post have mainly been taken using Nagual's camera (yes he is still alive somewhere, currently playing Skyrim I suspect!), its a professional job, not sure exactly what model but several hundred pounds worth of camera which explains the quality- it outputs pictures in the 2000+ resolution size which I always have to scale way down to post here.
From my own experience with photography the knack even with a poorer camera is just to take absolutely loads of pictures, that way your are bound to get some good ones.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:23 am

Tricky one do to this. Not sure I've nailed it, what do you think folks?

Fog on the Barrow-Downs

[img]Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. - Page 10 Fogpost[/img]

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Anne Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:59 am

I saw the picture before I saw your mention of the Barrow Downs. The first thing I thought was, "Wow! The Barrow Downs." Excellent work, Petty. Very Happy

Clue-finder

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:12 am

Anne wrote: Excellent work, Petty. Very Happy

Nod

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. - Page 10 Man-in-black
Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 25 ... 40  Next