Just saying hello!

4 posters

Go down

Just saying hello! Empty Just saying hello!

Post by The Wobbit A Parody Thu Dec 15, 2011 4:43 pm

Hi, Forumshire!

I've been out of the picture, not writing and not foruming since I moved my mom into assisted living. It was tough at the beginning but has improved lately. I've also had some scattered hours at my day job, which is much-needed.

I posted a new excerpt from Superfriends Of The Ring in Creative Corner. It's VERY slow going. But this weekend I was able to do some promotion of The Wobbit on Amazon that actually may have reached a new audience. I've sold more books in the last two days than in the last two months.

Thanks to whoever recommended Neil Gaiman to me. Was it PT, Odo, Eldo, or Bart Simpson? I just read Stardust and loved it. It has the same sort of charm that The Hobbit has, even though it's pretty intense.

We're going to see Hugo tonight. My wife and I enjoyed the book. Any comments on the movie?

-Paul
The Wobbit A Parody
The Wobbit A Parody
Ringwinner

http://thewobbitaparody.com

Back to top Go down

Just saying hello! Empty Re: Just saying hello!

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Dec 15, 2011 4:59 pm

Good to have you back Wobbitt. cheers
I have all the sympathy and empathy in the world for your plight with your mother, but I am sure you did the best by her and that is all you ever can do. Any associated feelings you might have of guilt, regret, or anything else are common to everyone in your situation who has a heart, so if you have suffered any of these all its proves its you are human, one of the good ones at that. Its the ones who can put family into care without those feelings you have to watch in my experience.

That's good news on your book- congrats on the new sales and here's hoping its the start of a small wave that becomes a big wave. Long may it continue.

Can't remember if I recommended Gaiman, might have been Kafria or Ally actually, that seems to ring a bell, but in a buckied memory. I did mention him ages ago as he wrote a Doctor Who episode, and oddly enough I just posted a short interview with him talking about his favourite Who episodes of series six, its on the Doctor Who thread.

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by The Wobbit A Parody Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:14 pm

Thanks, PT. Yes, I have all of those feelings! Your insider perspective is reassuring.
The Wobbit A Parody
The Wobbit A Parody
Ringwinner

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:26 pm

Good to see you around again, Paul. I'm very sorry to hear about your mom, but I'm glad things are getting better. Smile I'm glad you've been able to make progress on promoting The Wobbit and working on Superfriends, too!

I don't think I recommended Gaiman to you but I did discover him in an airport bookstore (during a four hour layover) where I bought American Gods. That was a pretty great book and I'd love to read more of his stuff. I've heard the movie version of Stardust isn't half bad either. As to Hugo, I don't really have any familiarity with either the book or the movie, but I'd love to see it since I've seen a lot of good reviews for it. Very Happy
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:27 pm

You should catch his Doctor Who episode, The Doctor's Wife- its classic Gaiman.

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by The Wobbit A Parody Fri Dec 16, 2011 4:38 am

Pettytyrant101 wrote:You should catch his Doctor Who episode, The Doctor's Wife- its classic Gaiman.

Will do, PT. Thanks!
The Wobbit A Parody
The Wobbit A Parody
Ringwinner

Back to top Go down

Post by The Wobbit A Parody Fri Dec 16, 2011 4:41 am

Eldorion wrote:Good to see you around again, Paul. I'm very sorry to hear about your mom, but I'm glad things are getting better. Smile I'm glad you've been able to make progress on promoting The Wobbit and working on Superfriends, too!

Thanks, Eldo!

I read Coraline, too, which was great. The movie was not nearly as good, I thought. Not as creepy OR as charming as the book.
The Wobbit A Parody
The Wobbit A Parody
Ringwinner

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:08 pm

I have read all Gaimans books and my absolute fav is Neverwhere, its true genius, and very magical, its a kind of surreal modern Alice in Wonderland, its set in London and the hero is an ordinary guy that has a strange and wonderful adventure.

albino
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by The Wobbit A Parody Sat Dec 17, 2011 4:55 am

Thanks, Mrs. Figg! I like strange and magical. I looked forward to reading Stardust every night. Maybe Neverwhere would be a good next book.
The Wobbit A Parody
The Wobbit A Parody
Ringwinner

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sat Dec 17, 2011 12:39 pm

Yes Neverwhere is one of my all time favorite books, also The Graveyard Book is good, it sounds creepy, and it is, but in a good way. I love you cat
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by The Wobbit A Parody Sat Dec 17, 2011 2:15 pm

You're right, Mrs. Figg, The Graveyard Book is VERY good. Funny and sad and beautiful all at once.
The Wobbit A Parody
The Wobbit A Parody
Ringwinner

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sat Dec 17, 2011 3:03 pm

I wish Gaiman would do a sequel to The Graveyard Book, it kind of lends itself to continuing the story I think, or at least I did think so once I had finished it, I wanted to know what happened next to Bod, I wanted to know who the mysterious Silas was, or what he was. Gaiman doesnt seem to have written a new book recently, and I really hope he does.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by The Wobbit A Parody Sat Dec 17, 2011 4:36 pm

He was good in a guest appearance on The Simpsons. He played himself, and he was helping Homer and his buddies to team-write a young-adult fantasy novel.
The Wobbit A Parody
The Wobbit A Parody
Ringwinner

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sat Dec 17, 2011 4:45 pm

sounds good, but I really want something meaty to get my teeth into, something to read on cold winter nights, something to transport me into a mysterious netherworld.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Dec 17, 2011 4:47 pm

Gormenghast?

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sat Dec 17, 2011 5:23 pm

I have a feeling thats a bridge too far for me, I have tried to read his stuff in the past but given up a few chapters in, dont know why, its like Game of Thrones, I love the idea of the book, but I found it heavy weather, and I gave up. Its not like I dont have the patience for meaty reads, some flow better for me I suppose. Gaiman has such a light touch, even when the story gets intricate and grim, it flows like silk. Philip Pullman is another writer who I love but I cannot for the life of me re read his books, they are like quick sand, I feel like I am drownding in sadness. At the mo I am rediscovering Alan Garner, The weirdstone of Brisingamen and the Moon of Gombrath are brill.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum