halfwise
bungobaggins
Eldorion
Pettytyrant101
Norc
19 posters

Page 7 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 40  Next

Go down

Just...................whatever [6] - Page 7 Empty Re: Just...................whatever [6]

Post by Bluebottle Sat Dec 05, 2015 12:08 am

Yup. Prit' dangerous stuff. Nod

Little green and blue birds were clustered around it, cheeping happily in the late afternoon light. They scattered when Rincewind lay down to drink, and scolded him from the trees.
When he sat up, one of them landed on his finger.
'Who's a pretty boy, then?' said Rincewind.
The noise stopped. Up on the branches the birds looked at one another. There wasn't much room in their heads for a new idea, but one had just turned up.
The sun dropped towards the horizon. Rince-wind poked very cautiously inside a hollow log and found a ham sandwich and a plate of cocktail sausages.
Up in the trees the budgerigars were in a huddle.
One of them said, very quietly, 'Wh . . .?'
Rincewind lay back. Even the flies were merely annoying. Things began to sizzle in the bushes. Snowy went and drank from the tiny pool with a noise like an inefficient suction pump trying to deal with an unlucky turtle.
It was, nevertheless, very peaceful.
Rincewind sat bolt upright. He knew what was about to happen when things were peaceful.
Up in the darkening branches a bird muttered, '. . . pre'y b'y . . .?'
He relaxed, but only a little.
'. . . 'sa prit' b'y . . .?'
Suddenly the birds stopped.
A branch creaked.
The drop-bear . . . dropped.
It was a close relative of the koala, although this doesn't mean very much. After all, the closest relative of the common elephant is about the size and shape of a rabbit. The drop-bear's most notable feature was its posterior, thick and heavily-padded to provide the maximum shock to the victim with the minimum shock to the bear. The initial blow rendered the prey unconscious, and then the bears could gather round to feed. It was a magnificent method of killing, since in other respects the bears were not very well built to be serious predators, and it was therefore particularly unfortunate for this bear that it chose, on this night, to drop on a man who might well have had 'Victim' written all over him but also had 'Wizzard' written on his hat, and that this hat, most significantly, came to a point.
Rincewind lumbered to his feet and ran into a few trees while he tried, with both hands on the brim, to lift his hat off his head. He managed it at last, stared in horror at the bear and its peculiarly confused expression, and shook it off and into the bushes. There were thumps around him as more bears, disoriented by this turn of events, hit the ground and bounced wildly.
In the trees the budgerigars woke up and, the simple message by now having had time to work its way into their brain cells, shrieked, 'Who's a pri'y boy, den?' A madly tumbling bear whirled past Rincewind's face.
Rincewind turned and ran towards Snowy, landing astride the horse's back, or where its back would have been had it been taller. Snowy obediently broke into his arrhythmical trot and headed into the darkness.
Rincewind looked down, swore and ran after his horse.
He held on tight as Snowy ran on like some small engine, leaving the bouncing bears behind, and didn't slow down until he was well away along the track and among bushes that were shorter than he was. Then he slid off.
What a bloody country!
There was a flurry of wings in the night and suddenly the bush was full of little birds.
'Wh'sa pri' boyden?'
Rincewind waved his hat at them and screamed a little, just to relieve his feelings. It didn't work. The budgerigars thought this was some sort of entertainment.
'Bug'roff!' they twittered.
Rincewind gave up, stamped on the ground a few times, and tried to sleep.

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Just...................whatever [6] - Page 7 Empty Re: Just...................whatever [6]

Post by Orwell Sat Dec 05, 2015 10:02 am

Mrs Figg wrote:there seem to be two types of animals in Oz, either its the most poisonous murderous thing on the planet or its cute and cuddly furball with zero defence mechanism like a koala. theres no happy medium.

Koalas only rip your face off if they're a bit testy at the time, otherwise they are the cuddliest of creatures. You can never tell when they're testy, but they are soooo cuddly and we encourage tourists that it's surely worth the risk. Downunder we do like cuddles and ultimate violence in equal measure. Of course, we never cuddle giant ferocious lizards, and have never been able to persuade tourists to do it, which is a shame. (NB Kangaroos are incredibly cute and incredibly violent (being your typical Australian animal) and tourists adore them too - at first Very Happy ).

{{{Mrs Figg, I looked up 'medium' in the Ozhobbit Dictionary. It doesn't appear - except as Medium: A witch who communes with the dead. Not sure that was what you mean? Unless, the dead you refer to are tourists? Could you clarify please.  scratch }}}

Orwell
Dark Presence with Gilt Edge

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sat Dec 05, 2015 1:37 pm

Suspect medium as in 'pulling my plonker' with you there's no happy medium, either you are pulling it or you are pulling it so hard it squeaks.

here to help. Very Happy
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Sun Dec 06, 2015 6:59 pm

Yes.. this describes how I feel.. In far too many ways.

Just...................whatever [6] - Page 7 Tumblr_misnyvrtL21rjcfxro1_400

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sun Dec 06, 2015 7:49 pm

Is that a good feeling or a bad one?  Because diving into that much fluffy powder looks fun as shit. Nod
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Nagual Sun Dec 06, 2015 8:00 pm

Eldorion wrote:Is that a good feeling or a bad one?  Because diving into that much fluffy powder looks fun as shit. Nod

Not sure diving in to a pile of shit is fun, Fluffy or not.

rabbit
Nagual
Nagual
Ringwinner

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sun Dec 06, 2015 8:03 pm

Just...................whatever [6] - Page 7 WVcrghm
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Sun Dec 06, 2015 9:30 pm

Just...................whatever [6] - Page 7 Latest?cb=20140315163520

bungobaggins
Eternal Mayor in The Halls of Mandos

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Sun Dec 06, 2015 9:33 pm

Laughing
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Sun Dec 06, 2015 9:44 pm

I think my eyes just rolled out the back of my head. Rolling Eyes Razz

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Sun Dec 06, 2015 9:48 pm

Eldorion wrote:Is that a good feeling or a bad one?  Because diving into that much fluffy powder looks fun as shit. Nod

Oh, a bit of everything, really. I have my last exam tomorrow, so I both want to jump in a bunch of snow because I feel buried in all the school stuff. And because I have my last exam tomorrow, I haven't really been able to do anything interesting for the last three weeks. So, I'd probably do it for fun too. Oh, and there is this girl I kind of like, and I don't really know what to do about it.. jumping into a bunch of snow presently seems the most expedient course of action..

So, yeah.. a bit of everything, really. I'm just feeling kind of buried at the moment.  Razz

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Sun Dec 06, 2015 9:50 pm

Just...................whatever [6] - Page 7 1054

bungobaggins
Eternal Mayor in The Halls of Mandos

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Sun Dec 06, 2015 9:53 pm

Just...................whatever [6] - Page 7 980x

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Mon Dec 07, 2015 2:33 am

Glad to hear that your semester is almost over at least, and still pretty early in the month. Hope the holidays are good to you. Smile
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Tue Dec 08, 2015 6:01 pm

Well, I did my exams, got drunk and then slept for about twelve hours. But I'm done. cheers

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Tue Dec 08, 2015 6:14 pm

Now I just have to try and figure out how you holiday again. Shocked

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Dec 08, 2015 6:36 pm

cheers Well done Blue- and you didn't make my basic error when sitting exams of getting that order wrong, get drunk afterwards!!! Mad

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Tue Dec 08, 2015 7:29 pm

Instructions often given to young Vikings: "First you pillage, then you burn!"

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Tue Dec 08, 2015 7:33 pm

then you buy paracetamol and Coca-Cola.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Wed Dec 09, 2015 2:29 pm

Young fjordians don't need instructions like that. Rolling Eyes It's in their dna. Nod

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Wed Dec 09, 2015 4:27 pm

Just...................whatever [6] - Page 7 Come%20home_zpsocdrrfst

Just...................whatever [6] - Page 7 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

Just...................whatever [6] - Page 7 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Wed Dec 09, 2015 4:40 pm

Laughing
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Dec 10, 2015 5:52 pm

MISSING! - ASSUMED BUCKIED!

QUEEN TINUVIEL

If seen or arrested please contact Beren, Undying Lands (via someone who can actually read)

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Thu Dec 10, 2015 6:04 pm

She must have done what every civilization has done when dealing with Scotland. Romans, Vikings, nutritionists.. Given up. Shocked

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Thu Dec 10, 2015 6:15 pm

Laughing

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum