Pettytyrant101
Mrs Figg
halfwise
bungobaggins
Forest Shepherd
11 posters

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Automobiles: The Agony and the... more Agony - Page 2 Empty Re: Automobiles: The Agony and the... more Agony

Post by azriel Wed Oct 07, 2015 3:59 pm

I started work at 14 Neutral

Automobiles: The Agony and the... more Agony - Page 2 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

Automobiles: The Agony and the... more Agony - Page 2 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Automobiles: The Agony and the... more Agony - Page 2 Empty Re: Automobiles: The Agony and the... more Agony

Post by azriel Wed Oct 07, 2015 4:03 pm

Dunno ? looking back on my life I would have rather gone to College, I missed out on so much because I was bullied to an inch of my life at school, I only worked to get away from it all. Started off in a Burger bar !! Smile

Automobiles: The Agony and the... more Agony - Page 2 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Wed Oct 07, 2015 4:06 pm

I actually deleted the post you just responded to cause I thought better of that much public self-pitying, but I guess you saw it first. Razz I certainly take your point.

I have generally enjoyed working in retail (I mean, beside the obvious downsides like asshole customers from time to time).  I was really burned out on academia by the time I graduated.  I've been fortunate enough to get to move up somewhat within the stores I've worked at too (finished manager training over the summer but still waiting for an opening).  But I'll probably switch to a more white collar career at some point just for the money.
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Wed Oct 07, 2015 4:10 pm

NO ! I missed that post Smile  Im curious now !!! Smile pretty fooking nippy on those buttons arent you !

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Wed Oct 07, 2015 4:17 pm

Just the "that was probably better than what I did" post.  That was the only one I deleted. Thought better of it and hoped no one had seen or responded to it yet, but evidently you had. Razz
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Wed Oct 07, 2015 4:22 pm

Automobiles: The Agony and the... more Agony - Page 2 Gimli_zps4yl5gghr

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Wed Oct 07, 2015 4:23 pm

Have to say, Eldo old bean, one is a bit pissed orfff about using Photo bucket to post things here ? Its a tad time consuming ? Wink

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Wed Oct 07, 2015 4:25 pm

I use imgur.com most of the time these days. You can also click the icon of a photo with a floppy disc superimposed on it, which is located in the same bar as the bold, italic, etc tools in the post box, and upload your pictures to the forum's native image host. Neither of these require any additional registration.
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Wed Oct 07, 2015 4:47 pm

Eldorion wrote:14 when I started full time, yeah.  I thought I had mentioned that before, but maybe I tried phrasing it more obliquely. Embarassed

A wunderkind, no doubt. Nod

bungobaggins
Eternal Mayor in The Halls of Mandos

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Wed Oct 07, 2015 5:27 pm

I only started full-time college when I was 16. Mad
I swear, you just can't get ahead in this world!

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd
The Honorable Lord Gets-Banned-a-lot of Forumshire

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:12 pm

Starting college that young means missing out on half the education: the social side. I saw it from the other direction when I went back to graduate school somewhat later in life and felt a bit like an outsider.

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Wed Oct 07, 2015 10:09 pm

there are pros and cons of being a mature student. the pros are sometimes you actually get some studying done Rolling Eyes because you are less distracted by boys and booze having done boys and booze to your fill. the cons are you feel like a prat going into shops with your student union card asking for discounts and teenage shop assistants looking at you as if to say 'surely that ship has sailed'... The little fuckers. Mad
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Nagual Wed Oct 07, 2015 10:51 pm

Mrs Figg wrote:there are pros and cons of being a mature student. the pros are sometimes you actually get some studying done Rolling Eyes because you are less distracted by boys and booze having done boys and booze to your fill. the cons are you feel like a prat going into shops with your student union card asking for discounts and teenage shop assistants looking at you as if to say 'surely that ship has sailed'... The little fuckers. Mad

Never got distracted by boys in my entire time at college...

Although this probably should go in the "What jokes can I get away with" bit... well I'm not going to make any jokes what so ever. Nope. Nada. None.

I'll just leave this here and let everyone else make up their own jokes...
Mrs Figg wrote: having done boys and booze to your fill

*childish giggles*
Nagual
Nagual
Ringwinner

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Thu Oct 08, 2015 7:04 am

bungobaggins wrote:A wunderkind, no doubt. Nod

Well at least you didn't use the word genius. No Razz

halfwise wrote:Starting college that young means missing out on half the education: the social side.  I saw it from the other direction when I went back to graduate school somewhat later in life and felt a bit like an outsider.

That's always a potential problem with radical academic acceleration, and it certainly was for me even before college.  However, I also tended to feel out of place with kids my own age, which kinda made it worse but also removed certain other alternatives.  When I was only going to college part-time I definitely stood out like a shore thumb but by the time I started full-time I had physically matured somewhat, cut my hair which made me look older, and started as a freshman at a new uni where I could blend in and pass for a normal freshman, at least some of the time.  My age did get gossiped about sometimes, including the first semester that I lived on campus (during my sophomore year), but living there made a big difference.  I was involved with a couple student organizations and went to events and stuff.  I wasn't going out and partying lots but that's never been the case for me at any age.  Wasn't much of a dating scene for me, though
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Thu Oct 08, 2015 2:39 pm

Eldorion wrote:
bungobaggins wrote:A wunderkind, no doubt. Nod

Well at least you didn't use the word genius.

Of course, too young to be a genius. And I pronounce it voonderkint like the Germans. Nod No bastardized American slang here. Nod

bungobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Thu Oct 08, 2015 2:40 pm

My neck is sore from all this nodding. Nod Razz

bungobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Thu Oct 08, 2015 2:52 pm

Nagual wrote:
Mrs Figg wrote:there are pros and cons of being a mature student. the pros are sometimes you actually get some studying done Rolling Eyes because you are less distracted by boys and booze having done boys and booze to your fill. the cons are you feel like a prat going into shops with your student union card asking for discounts and teenage shop assistants looking at you as if to say 'surely that ship has sailed'... The little fuckers. Mad

Never got distracted by boys in my entire time at college...

Although this probably should go in the "What jokes can I get away with" bit... well I'm not going to make any jokes what so ever. Nope. Nada. None.

I'll just leave this here and let everyone else make up their own jokes...
Mrs Figg wrote: having done boys and booze to your fill

*childish giggles*

these days I prefer a nice cup of tea Suspect

Automobiles: The Agony and the... more Agony - Page 2 Tumblr_lwwhywaqmm1qatmal_zpsxtaip9ie
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Mon Oct 12, 2015 4:49 pm

There's one of these '09 Ford Rangers about an hour away that I might be going to look at this week.
I don't like the small cab, and would really prefer the second truck model, but that's life I guess.

Automobiles: The Agony and the... more Agony - Page 2 2009-ford-ranger-west_seneca-ny-i6596913962580414145-2

Automobiles: The Agony and the... more Agony - Page 2 2008_ford_ranger_extended-cab-pickup_sport_fq_oem_1_300

Although, check out this jade beetle of a truck. 2 years newer and its a super cab. It's up in the Cities unfortunately and so about 3 hours away.

Automobiles: The Agony and the... more Agony - Page 2 00w0w_jYNvpvRTdWs_600x450

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Mon Oct 12, 2015 5:55 pm

I'd go for the green one. Very Happy alien

bungobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Mon Oct 12, 2015 6:26 pm

yep the green one is cool. alien my car would fit on the back of that truck, its very small.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:01 pm

Mrs Figg wrote:yep the green one is cool. alien  my car would fit on the back of that truck, its very small.
It's not so large as all that. Then again I'm not sure how tiny your car is! You might be driving a watermelon or something.

It's 15.75 ft Long (4.8m) and 5.75 ft (1.75) Wide and 5.5 ft (1.68m) Tall. And it's about 3,000 pounds (1360 kg).

I'm really quite torn on the decision. The white one is slightly closer and about 800 dollars less. The price is right for both of them (the green one actually quite a good deal assuming nothing is wrong with it) but I'm just not certain. I've been looking for a few weeks now and I'm getting to the point where I just want new keys in my hands and a light wallet and don't care too much what I'm getting into! bounce

Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:10 pm

Well botheration!
The green beauty has been sold!

Well, I don't care, I can settle. White has greater resale value anyway and this way I'd be saving enough money to cover any costs for the trip back to California. Best to look on the bright side of things. Smile

Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:46 pm

I would go with the slightly larger cab for $800 but both trucks seem pretty nice. Shame about the one with the snazzy paint job selling. Razz Enjoy your ride, whatever it ends up being!
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Mon Oct 12, 2015 11:25 pm

buy the white one then paint it green. alien
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Tue Oct 13, 2015 6:25 am

Now why didn't I think of that. Rolling Eyes

Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum